2014 Silverado/Sierra Tips and Tricks

I broke the impeller shaft that runs the Power brakes and power steering pump (one pump for both) in an ’09 6.2 doing that. Left a 60’ hole shot one day that started with power braking it, when I let up on it and hit the brakes, (because I was coming up on an intersection!) the anti lock brakes thumped 4 or 5 times, then a huge bang and the pedal to the floor. No brakes or steering! Won’t be doing that again!

Never seen or heard of this happening and Ive done a thousand launches over the years! Musta been your lucky day!! Im gonna take my chances though!

How do I make the radio stations say the NAME of the station (as with XM). It just shows 'XM 34' or whatever....will it do it automatically or must I manually type in each name?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Edited by Aaron1085

How do I make the radio stations say the NAME of the station (as with XM). It just shows 'XM 34' or whatever....will it do it automatically or must I manually type in each name? Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Go to Settings>Radio>Manage Favorites. Click on the station you want to rename and the option for rename should show up mid-bottom screen. You have to manually type in the names of the stations.

Someting else I found today:

When listening to XM and you push the Browse button, there is a View button in the top-right of the screen. Push it and you go from seeing the name of the XM station to the name of the Artist playing at that time. Push it again and it shows the name of the song playing at that time.

Not sure what you are asking...on the nav radio, when saving a favorite, it takes on the numbers, i.e. 103.5. If I want it to say, BOB FM, I have to follow the "rename" process I outlined above in post 281 and manually type in the name I want the saved favorite to show. I hope this helps.

Edited by chuckl1218
  • Like 1

I think the other reason the motor uses 8 quarts is it uses oil pressure to control the variable valve timing.

The L92 is the first one I can think of with Variable Valve Timing. It was coming in the Escalade in 2009 and it does with out the extra oil. I'm not 100% sure the new multiple position cam timing doesn't need more though. I hope to get my hands on one of these motors to tear it apart soon.

How do I make the radio stations say the NAME of the station (as with XM). It just shows 'XM 34' or whatever....will it do it automatically or must I manually type in each name? Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Go to Settings>Radio>Manage Favorites. Click on the station you want to rename and the option for rename should show up mid-bottom screen. You have to manually type in the names of the stations.

manually type them in? Oh forget it....ad that to the short list of complaints.

manually type them in? Oh forget it....ad that to the short list of complaints.

Sounds like you need to trade it in on a Ford then.

C'mon! The guys joking. I'll never understand why people take offense with stuff like that. I own some Chevys, but Chevy ain't paying my bills so I feel no need to stick up for them every time someone says anything bad about them.
  • Like 1

C'mon! The guys joking. I'll never understand why people take offense with stuff like that. I own some Chevys, but Chevy ain't paying my bills so I feel no need to stick up for them every time someone says anything bad about them.

Mine was a joke as well. No offense taken here.

Not sure I understand.... My unit always shows the XM channel number, the station name (90's on 9, Lithium, etc...) it also shows the artist and song name, all without me doing anything.

If your radio isn't showing the same, then I think you probably just have some basic settings turned off.

If you are talking about the standard FM stations, then it depends on what info the station is broadcasting out with its signal. Not all stations broadcast the song/artist info.

None of the pictures so far have a cover except the Cadillac one.

Somebody needs to figure out the part number of that Caddy cover. Looks like we could pry off the Caddy emblem easily enough....

• Like 1