2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

2 minutes ago, langston1726 said:

They look more like Speed Engineering to me. I’ve heard good things about them but hopefully he didn’t try to sell you something for more then he paid new.
568c0b97bf0de8326a05882bc8c76b34.jpg
eef73b55131ce6ee7878fc6ba730c8a0.jpg
c0c218e87f564a7882fb4a12ffd47522.jpg
76611963fd254d149aad43f816ed4673.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a nice ass setup! Paid 300$ for them so didn’t hurt the pockets at all. Gotta look those up never heard of those.

12 minutes ago, langston1726 said:

They look more like Speed Engineering to me. I’ve heard good things about them but hopefully he didn’t try to sell you something for more then he paid new.
568c0b97bf0de8326a05882bc8c76b34.jpg
eef73b55131ce6ee7878fc6ba730c8a0.jpg
c0c218e87f564a7882fb4a12ffd47522.jpg
76611963fd254d149aad43f816ed4673.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your right bro, looks VERY SIMILAR! Fuxkin a$$hole smh well at least I know the exhaust is the real deal 😆 

Does anyone know if resonator location makes a difference in sound?

I swore I read somewhere that for some reason the downturn to the tailpipe (over the axle) generates some of the drone on our trucks.

my current one is in line with the muffler in the long straight section, just curious why the factory one is in that location to begin with?

On 4/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, Frankielozano214 said:

I think your right bro, looks VERY SIMILAR! Fuxkin a$$hole smh well at least I know the exhaust is the real deal 😆 

it wouldn’t shock me if the headers from speed engineering and tsp came from the same place.  Yes tsp makes a lot of stuff in house but budget headers still from China.

I have speed engineering with corsa sport on my 5.3.  All I can say his holy crap it is stupid loud as it makes the corsa sport sound stock.  It turns people around down the street wondering what the heck is coming out of my garage.

This past weekend I bit the bullet and ran a vibrant resonator just ahead of the muffler. I can still hear some of the rasp between shifts but it did a great job of toning the sound down.  So much that I am second guessing myself if it’s quieter than when I had stock headers w the corsa.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 9:57 AM, scrapen said:

This past weekend I bit the bullet and ran a vibrant resonator just ahead of the muffler. I can still hear some of the rasp between shifts but it did a great job of toning the sound down.  So much that I am second guessing myself if it’s quieter than when I had stock headers w the corsa.

On 4/26/2021 at 9:57 AM, scrapen said:

Which Vibrant Resonator did you go with? Bottle style? Ultra quiet? How far in front of the Muffler did you go - any problems fitting with the hanger?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 11:24 AM, DaddyHasABigTruck said:

Which Vibrant Resonator did you go with? Bottle style? Ultra quiet? How far in front of the Muffler did you go - any problems fitting with the hanger?

Ultra Quiet. Check my latest posts in another thread I uploaded cold start from before vs now.  Exhaust is nice and quiet at cruising speeds but still sounds good when into the throttle.  Don’t miss the rasp and now I think it was a good decision.

D4451C6D-E7C7-491D-97A1-555DD9DED413.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any video/sound clips of LT/cat delete/am muffler and resonator delete with a single exit?  I’m thinking about removing resonator on my set up. It’s pretty tame right now and I’d like a little more but don’t want ridiculous either as it’s a DD.  

2 hours ago, 2015 High Miler said:

Does anyone have any video/sound clips of LT/cat delete/am muffler and resonator delete with a single exit?  I’m thinking about removing resonator on my set up. It’s pretty tame right now and I’d like a little more but don’t want ridiculous either as it’s a DD.  

Do you have longtubes?

2 hours ago, langston1726 said:

Do you have longtubes?

Yes, long tubes and ORY pipe, stock to muffler, MagnaFlow 5in x 8in Oval Center/Offset Performance Muffler Exhaust 12259 - Straight-Through, 3in Inlet/3in Outlet Diameter, 24in long to factory tailpipe, no flapper. 

Great video! Thank you.  Sounds really good but maybe more sound than I am looking for.  

Edited by 2015 High Miler
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...