2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

On 7/6/2020 at 10:39 PM, mitchely03 said:

Never messed with the oem exhaust flaps. That all got removed when I did my Gibson dual sport cat back 

gotcha

i am currently in between removing the resonator/flaps and installing a magnaflow 12909 or just getting the gibson cat back. 

the sound seems to be similar with no drone. just tryin to see what has the louder note 

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently installed a Borla ATAK system on my truck. Loud cold start which tones down a little when warm. No drone. Has a helicopter sound in 4cylinder mode but going to tune that out. 600e62b41df953bbc9200d74536f0213.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just recently installed a Borla ATAK system on my truck. Loud cold start which tones down a little when warm. No drone. Has a helicopter sound in 4cylinder mode but going to tune that out. 600e62b41df953bbc9200d74536f0213.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I bet it sounds like a beast!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

On 7/31/2020 at 11:30 AM, Built2crash said:

Just put on a flow master flowFX cat back on my 2016 Sierra. Sounds good!

any video of it? I’m stuck between the flowfx, force 2 and Magnaflow cat back.
want quiet for my 6 month old but loud enough to know I got 8 cylinders somewhere.

I do have a video but I can’t post it. I have a wife and 3 yo and it’s quiet when your cruising and rumbles when you step on the gas. It won’t be too loud. I was looking at the borla touring and that’s what I wanted but it’s almost 3x the money. For me, very few things I buy I am happy with. But I’m happy with this. Makes me smile every time I fire it up. I’d pull the trigger man! I know they are back ordered, took me over a month to get mine. 

3 hours ago, Built2crash said:

I do have a video but I can’t post it. I have a wife and 3 yo and it’s quiet when your cruising and rumbles when you step on the gas. It won’t be too loud. I was looking at the borla touring and that’s what I wanted but it’s almost 3x the money. For me, very few things I buy I am happy with. But I’m happy with this. Makes me smile every time I fire it up. I’d pull the trigger man! I know they are back ordered, took me over a month to get mine. 

Excellent! Glad to hear it’s working for you! Would the wife notice if this was a surprise birthday present to myself? 

Did you disable AFM? If not how does that sound? 

Thanks for the answers, I appreciate it.

Yeah she would! I had it in the garage when I fired it up the first time and she texted me "Thats rediculous"... ha ha. If I can figure out how to post video or audio clips here I will. Cold start its at its loudest then its quieter after that. and honestly after driving it for a while sometimes I wish it was a tad louder.  I do have the Range AFM disabler (which I really like and would recommend) to remove the 4 cyl mode and I have driven it with and without the AFM disabler in it. its not too bad in 4 cyl mode, sounds a little funny but if 4cyl is activated its at a quiet point anyway so its not that noticeable.

• Like 1

Yeah she would! I had it in the garage when I fired it up the first time and she texted me "Thats rediculous"... ha ha. If I can figure out how to post video or audio clips here I will. Cold start its at its loudest then its quieter after that. and honestly after driving it for a while sometimes I wish it was a tad louder.  I do have the Range AFM disabler (which I really like and would recommend) to remove the 4 cyl mode and I have driven it with and without the AFM disabler in it. its not too bad in 4 cyl mode, sounds a little funny but if 4cyl is activated its at a quiet point anyway so its not that noticeable.

Upload it to YouTube. Share the YouTube link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Built2crash said:

Here is a video of a start with flowFX. It’s not a cold start. But now that I know how maybe I will post one. Video doesn’t do it justice

https://youtu.be/smz6sg8vp74

That sounds awesome! You just made my decision for me. If the wife doesn’t like it, I got it for free from a guy at work! ?

Edited by NickC90

• 2 weeks later...