2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

On 12/11/2013 at 9:09 PM, Escalade1979 said:

Ok so this is my first truck, and it def needs to louder!!! I want people to hear me coming!

My question is what is best to accomplish this? My friend said there is no need to do a full system, said something about putting on 2 flow masters and pipes either out the back or off the sides. Also said something about 1 pipe out of the cat to 2 pipes?

Sorry for my ignorance in this subject!

Thanks

I have a Borla ATAK exhaust and it definitely lets people know you are there.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 8:44 AM, James ****** said:

anyone keep the stock muffler and just run a nicer looking tailpipe? 

Tips are a very personal preference thing.  I don't like double wall tips at all and can't stand a rolled tip. Just a slash cut stainless tip is, in my opinion, perfect. I got this last year and it works great.  Just slid it over stock, it's the correct size for a 5.3's 2.75" tailpipe.  I had to tap it on with a rubber mallet as it was a very tight fit.   Love the look of it.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gib-500372?seid=srese1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv-jmsriN7AIVgo5bCh2NBAH1EAQYASABEgKmEfD_BwE

• 1 month later...

Yondu is perfectly correct about the ease of installing a chrome tip. A slash cut chromed or stainless will slip right over the stock pipe with just a tap from a mallet. For my taste, cut about six inches off the factory pipe before slipping the new tip over it, so that the finished tip does not stick out further and look odd. Also, I paid attention to twisting the tip so that the angle was to the rear, but slightly downward. It looked cleaner to me, when you couldn’t see up into the pipe from behind the truck.

If you are looking for the simplest and very cheap performance upgrade for the exhaust. Cut the factory pipe before the muffler and just after flapper. Then put back a piece of straight pipe in its place. Leave everything else alone.  It’s a small performance improvement, sounds good and the price is right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Texas Daddy said:

Well, I'm pretty cheap, but I went with Corsa because I HATE drone. Put on a Corsa Sport, and as advertised, there is no drone at speed. But damn it sounds great when you push... 

I’ve used Corsa in the past. Actually toured their facility a couple times.  

F234B8A0-2F66-4537-9442-02FF3FC07C90.jpeg

On 9/23/2020 at 3:18 PM, bayouguy71 said:

I also just received my Flomaster FlowFX cat back and am having installed tomorrow.

Range AFM disable Monday

Flowmaster and Airaid MIT tomorrow ?

Quoting myself but...

I love the sound of this exhaust except at 1800-2000 RPMs, for some reason in that spot I get a drone, not horrible but certainly noticeable ?

that means that if I am getting up to speed at a slower pace to conserve fuel it hits that RPM range in a couple different gears.

Stock exhaust has resonator after muffler, would installing one after the muffler tone down the drone at all?

If so, any recommendations?

Edited by bayouguy71

• 1 month later...

Anyone got a Magnaflow 14159? Just got one and am thinking what is sounds like minus the third cat. Will use this with the Attak or black widow 250. Found one vid with third cat.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/14159-performance-muffler-magnaflow-6-round-centercenter-straight-through-performance-muffler

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Edited by Snowcamo

Anyone got a Magnaflow 14159? Just got one and am thinking what is sounds like minus the third cat. Will use this with the Attak or black widow 250. Found one vid with third cat.  https://www.magnaflow.com/products/14159-performance-muffler-magnaflow-6-round-centercenter-straight-through-performance-muffler

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

This is with the 14419 and third cat delete. The 14159 will be similar. Probably a little deeper and not quite as loud being a larger case.  

https://youtu.be/1I5Igb4A0BI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, langston1726 said:

This is with the 14419 and third cat delete. The 14159 will be similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock on dude appreciate it. This is going to sound great!!!???

???

Edited by Snowcamo

On 9/16/2020 at 5:39 PM, J.H.2015LT said:

I have a Borla ATAK exhaust and it definitely lets people know you are there.

Were there any issues installing the exhaust hanger on the drivers side with the ATAK system?  Seems like the class III hitch might interfere.  This pic is from my 2018 Sierra.  

Hitch attached to frame.jpg