2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Kind of a crazy question but has anyone purchased the corsa catback and had it welded together instead of using the clamps?  

I want to get the corsa but a little nervous of someone just unbolting and stealing it. Hell even just unbolting and stealing the tip would piss me off. 

Kind of a crazy question but has anyone purchased the corsa catback and had it welded together instead of using the clamps?  

I want to get the corsa but a little nervous of someone just unbolting and stealing it. Hell even just unbolting and stealing the tip would piss me off. 
I'm actually planning on getting the Corsa some time next year and was also thinking about getting it welded. Dont want to spend a grand and someone unbolt it and get it for free lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirenRed16 said:

I'm actually planning on getting the Corsa some time next year and was also thinking about getting it welded. Dont want to spend a grand and someone unbolt it and get it for free lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah that is exactly my thoughts. Hell just the tip is $200. 

• 1 month later...
looking to add a bit more sound to the truck, Its a 2016 with the 5.3 and I've got a carven cat back competitor single exit exhaust  its been on for 2 years and love it just looking to add more. I've also got a diablew tune would adding some headers be what im looking for or go muffler less?

Headers are going to completely change the sound the exhaust. A lot more rasp and airflow. That Carven will probably be too loud especially if you opt for no cats.  You could do a third cat delete. That will let a little more sound thru and shouldnt have any effect on emissions or drivability.

I’m running Texas Speed 1 7/8” long tubes with cats, single 3” back to a Dynomax 17267 muffler, followed by a Borla Atak crate muffler(400844). I absolutely love it. This is an iteration of several different set ups. In my opinion, it’s the perfect amount of volume, tone, rasp, and rumble. Quiet when you stay out of it but will wake the dead if you lay into it. You can hear it in the cab but it’s not drone, more you just feel the exhaust. Exhaust is so subjective though. Some people like it loud and deep, some like rasp and that glass pack sound, some like it barely louder then stock. It’s really up to you. This is my current set up. Rear window down just normal driving and medium acceleration.

https://youtu.be/XYrJkJAuLlo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So i need options and opinions i currently run a Carven Progressive series catback on my 18 silverado 5.3l. I'm getting ready to have a kid and i would like to tone it back some but dont want to go completely back to stock. I love the current exhaust but it is a little bit loud inside and out. My thought are to just swap mufflers so i would need a 3" in and 3" out centered muffler. What do yall recommend? Looking for something not crazy just would like a little bit of tone to it. Thanks in advance.

So i need options and opinions i currently run a Carven Progressive series catback on my 18 silverado 5.3l. I'm getting ready to have a kid and i would like to tone it back some but dont want to go completely back to stock. I love the current exhaust but it is a little bit loud inside and out. My thought are to just swap mufflers so i would need a 3" in and 3" out centered muffler. What do yall recommend? Looking for something not crazy just would like a little bit of tone to it. Thanks in advance.

If you are looking to tone it down then I would go with a 14” or 18” Magnaflow. It would still sound good but be much quieter.

It’s funny I have a 3yr old and a 4month old and I’m about to put a Carven R series muffler on my 2016. Lol.

Headers are going to completely change the sound the exhaust. A lot more rasp and airflow. That Carven will probably be too loud especially if you opt for no cats.  You could do a third cat delete. That will let a little more sound thru and shouldnt have any effect on emissions or drivability.  
I’m running Texas Speed 1 7/8” long tubes with cats, single 3” back to a Dynomax 17267 muffler, followed by a Borla Atak crate muffler(400844). I absolutely love it. This is an iteration of several different set ups. In my opinion, it’s the perfect amount of volume, tone, rasp, and rumble. Quiet when you stay out of it but will wake the dead if you lay into it. You can hear it in the cab but it’s not drone, more you just feel the exhaust. Exhaust is so subjective though. Some people like it loud and deep, some like rasp and that glass pack sound, some like it barely louder then stock. It’s really up to you. This is my current set up. Rear window down just normal driving and medium acceleration.

https://youtu.be/XYrJkJAuLlo

Still the best sounding setup on the site![emoji817] let me know when you get tired of it lol.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Can't really go wrong with a Magnaflow muffler. There are times I wish it was louder but it's nice at other times to enjoy the quiet in the cab. 

My wife drives my truck occasionally and leaving the driveway she's got the gas a little heavy. 

It's definitely authoritative and mean sounding outside. I have the 6.2 but the 5.3 would be similar. 

Don’t know about all that but thank you. I appreciate it.

Np. To me its that pulse that makes the exhaust note better the the magnaflow. Sounds like a it has a truck/ Camaro exhaust if that makes sense. Quiet on light throttle and loud with a pulse on heavy throttle. Magnaflow is more of a flat drone with a dull pulse. Cheers!

On 2/17/2020 at 8:08 AM, Snowcamo said:

Np. To me its that pulse that makes the exhaust note better the the magnaflow. Sounds like a it has a truck/ Camaro exhaust if that makes sense. Quiet on light throttle and loud with a pulse on heavy throttle. Magnaflow is more of a flat drone with a dull pulse. Cheers!

speaking of pulse, Douge thorly makes a redesigned header that has two scavengers from the 4 primaries into a final collector scavenger, its designed to bump the low to mid power, on the 5.3, something these motors need more of.. I can only imaging guys bolting on the big 6.2 longtubes on a 5.3 and not making any bottom end torque ... 

• Like 1