2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

4 hours ago, jimbrown1 said:

Were there any issues installing the exhaust hanger on the drivers side with the ATAK system?  Seems like the class III hitch might interfere.  This pic is from my 2018 Sierra.  

Hitch attached to frame.jpg

Not at all, they have a hanger that is provided in the kit that bolts up using the hitch receiver hardware. Just make sure you torque it back down to the hitch receiver specs. I would post a picture but unfortunately my truck is in the body shop. During the most recent snow storm a plow took out the passenger side bed side and rear bumper. 

3 hours ago, J.H.2015LT said:

Not at all, they have a hanger that is provided in the kit that bolts up using the hitch receiver hardware. Just make sure you torque it back down to the hitch receiver specs. I would post a picture but unfortunately my truck is in the body shop. During the most recent snow storm a plow took out the passenger side bed side and rear bumper. 

So the hanger will fit in between those two metal parts of the hitch?  Every time I see an install on you tube, it’s for a truck without an OEM hitch from the factory.  

13 minutes ago, jimbrown1 said:

So the hanger will fit in between those two metal parts of the hitch?  Every time I see an install on you tube, it’s for a truck without an OEM hitch from the factory.  

Yes, I took the nut and washer off the bolt that is closer to the wheel well and slid the bracket on. I did not have to remove the hitch receiver, it slid right on then torqued it back down.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 3:27 PM, bayouguy71 said:

Quoting myself but...

I love the sound of this exhaust except at 1800-2000 RPMs, for some reason in that spot I get a drone, not horrible but certainly noticeable ?

that means that if I am getting up to speed at a slower pace to conserve fuel it hits that RPM range in a couple different gears.

Stock exhaust has resonator after muffler, would installing one after the muffler tone down the drone at all?

If so, any recommendations?

Following up, 

I added a Vibrant 1794 in the stock resonator location and it made a huge difference in the drone at 2k while smoothing out the entire range of sound.

For me it seems about perfect, I have a highway trip this weekend so we will see how it sounds @ 75mph for and extended period.

Now, if I could just keep my foot out of it so get my mpg's up ?

• Like 1

Good evening. Looking for some

help as I thought I ordered the correct sizing but reading more looks like I ordered too small. I bought a 2.5” I/O Flowmaster FlowFx to do a muffler only replacement. It looks like many people are doing 3” but I see also a lot are doing 2.5” out for duals. My question is if my 2.5” I/O will work or not?

5 hours ago, Walt1088 said:

Good evening. Looking for some

help as I thought I ordered the correct sizing but reading more looks like I ordered too small. I bought a 2.5” I/O Flowmaster FlowFx to do a muffler only replacement. It looks like many people are doing 3” but I see also a lot are doing 2.5” out for duals. My question is if my 2.5” I/O will work or not?

Stock 5.3 = 3” and stock 6.2 = 3.5” so nope, 2.5” is no good. You have to change exhaust from manifold back or y-pipe back for it to work. 

Stock 5.3 = 3” and stock 6.2 = 3.5” so nope, 2.5” is no good. You have to change exhaust from manifold back or y-pipe back for it to work. 

5.3 is actually 2.75” from Y-pipe connection to tail pipe. You’ll need 3”-2.75” reducers, have the factory pipe expanded, or have the muffler welded on if your just doing a 3” muffler swap. Walker also makes a 3” stainless intermediate pipe (pn 55608) that will work on these trucks.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

recently purchased a 2016 5.3 with a 12" glass pack and turn down. NOT keeping that setup!

from looking under the truck, it appears they welded the glass pack on where the stock muffler was removed.

looking for suggestions on which exhaust system, cat back i'm thinking, would be nice and quiet in the cab.

tia

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Noizyboy said:

TSP headers and y pipe with stock resonator (as a muffler) and the boom tube tip. Absolutely love this setup and hopefully soon can learn to weld a stainless 3.5" or 4" setup. 

20210126_172808.jpg

IMG_20210223_174803_391.jpg

20201021_095419.jpg

Boom tip? Got a vid by chance?

Just bought some TSP long tube headers with catless ypipe (so they said but look more like speed engineering) to go with my Corsa Performance Exhaust hope it sounds good, exhaust is for a 6.2 kinda like this setup because the ypipe has a swapable end for 5.3 or 6.2 bought this used so let’s hope this was worth it!!!

66565C0D-72FB-409F-AB3A-F1FD4CE98884.jpeg

DCA69938-0271-4143-A53D-F466C7C1CC4C.jpeg

Edited by Frankielozano214
  • Like 1

Just bought some TSP long tube headers with catless ypipe to go with my Corsa Performance Exhaust hope it sounds good, exhaust is for a 6.2 kinda like this setup because the ypipe has a swapable end for 5.3 or 6.2 bought this used so let’s hope this was worth it!!!
66565C0D-72FB-409F-AB3A-F1FD4CE98884.thumb.jpeg.6968d034a7bc0b731a527281799e1821.jpeg
DCA69938-0271-4143-A53D-F466C7C1CC4C.thumb.jpeg.2c381d1a73d7b8a3df40637d2584c0a7.jpeg

Are you sure those are TSPs? Mine have ball flanges and didn’t turn that color. May just be an earlier version. Corsa will sound badass but it’s going to be loud AF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, langston1726 said:

Are you sure those are TSPs? Mine have ball flanges and didn’t turn that color. May just be an earlier version. Corsa will sound badass but it’s going to be loud AF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy said he bought them in 2017 had them on this 2015 Silverado but he traded it in and had the factory stuff put back on, I’m taking his word for it got them for a good deal, have pictures of your setup 😂 hope he didnt screw me over!