2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

On 7/18/2021 at 2:49 PM, 2015 High Miler said:

Yes, long tubes and ORY pipe, stock to muffler, MagnaFlow 5in x 8in Oval Center/Offset Performance Muffler Exhaust 12259 - Straight-Through, 3in Inlet/3in Outlet Diameter, 24in long to factory tailpipe, no flapper. 

Great video! Thank you.  Sounds really good but maybe more sound than I am looking for.  

I put on the Borla touring exhaust, still sounds great but relatively mild compared to some.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Borla ATAK 140537 installed this past weekend.  Best exhaust for this truck.  I previously had the S Type muffler made for GMPP but now only made by Borla with their stamping, it was more muffled than what I remember from the 2011 Silverado I had previously installed it on the OEM exhaust system.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

After work tomight, I installed a Proven Ground exhaust from Americantrucks.com, for only $364.  It is 409 stainless, which is to be expected for the price, except for the 304 tip.  It's taken me a while to upgrade because I was most concerned with drone and obnoxious noises, considering I'll spend up to 25 hours behind the wheel, straight, in the truck a couple of times a year.  From behind the wheel, I don't even notice the exhaust, until I stand on it, which was my goal.  Also, the truck lately has been feeling choked, but that feeling is now gone.  The other night, I had to take a crescent wrench to the flapper valve to free it, so my SWAG is that it is seizing shut in the cold.   The truck moves easier, now.  Not so much quicker, but easier.

Proven Ground Cat-back exhaust

In no particular order:

New pipes

IMG_0690.jpg

I reused the Cat clamp; but the through-bolt was shot, so I didn't even bother wrenching it, just cut it between the band clamp ends with a 3" cut-off wheel and then tapped the bolt ends out.  I used a new grade 8 coated bolt with 1/4" spacers to re-clamp it.

IMG_0691.jpg

304 stainless tip

IMG_0692.jpg

Stock "stainless" exhaust.  This is why I opted to not do a muffler delete, it took less time to install the new exhaust than to clean and weld on that junk.

IMG_0697.jpg

Stock flapper, wide open.  It's been seizing, choking the engine.

IMG_0698.jpg

Edited by 16LT4
  • Like 2

That's just like the magnaflow I have. Mine is a little more loud on cold start. Same quietness while cruising but when in tow mode or just aggressive throttle it wakes right up. I'd give it a while to break in. You'll still like it. 

No drone at all what so ever.

• Like 1

Because the site is so heavy with ads and horribly slow on my Bush-era computer, it was quicker to post than edit above; another actual COLD start and brief walk-around.  We're expecting some snow tomorrow night, so unfortunately a solid test-run to work will have to wait a while (I don't drive the truck in bad weather if I can help it, the X3 blows it away in bad weather).

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/15/2022 at 7:04 PM, 16LT4 said:

Because the site is so heavy with ads and horribly slow on my Bush-era computer, it was quicker to post than edit above; another actual COLD start and brief walk-around.  We're expecting some snow tomorrow night, so unfortunately a solid test-run to work will have to wait a while (I don't drive the truck in bad weather if I can help it, the X3 blows it away in bad weather).

Sounds great, deep but not loud (perfect).

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

52576112-697A-4B47-B62B-BB10DB2CF8D5.jpeg.35796eaf9bb78787e4c7696907958ca7.jpeg2F0BAD1C-A0F7-4892-82D0-D0303E705144.jpeg.14f82e83d763e9abb516ab135d4058f6.jpegA15B8A19-9B8E-4664-B90D-1AB5CDE17F67.jpeg.cc80ff8f1df889ee332427528f062f4e.jpeg885400A0-8009-4160-841E-C313CB8A538D.jpeg.2a10c2eddb3ed61fd04ed82468b87f39.jpeg
Installed 1 3/4" Kooks headers and had a custom "dual" exhaust fabricated. Kooks 3.5" y-pipe into dual 2.5" pipes with Dynomax Super Turbos. 4" tips.  Sounds amazing with a nice deep idle and then gets loud around 2500 rpm with a cool snap sound when it shifts. 

Edited by SeekAndDestroy

• 4 months later...

Looking to see if anyone can help me with a question on a Magnaflow system. I was looking at their Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System 15360 but it says it fits a crew cab with the short bed, or extended cab and long bed but not crew cab long bed like I have. It looks like on the one kit they do have for my truck there is just an intermediate ~"12 long pipe after the first pipe and when I asked them if I could just purchase that pipe and make the 15360 system work for my truck they gave me the standard line of the kits are made for specific vehicles and they can't help modifying one.

Anyone have this or other Magnaflow system? I didn't see much on Magnaflow but may have missed it in the 203 pages of this thread. I have a 1991 C1500 with an LS3 swap and it has custom system with Magnaflow muffler and I really like the sound, that brought me to this system.

I appreciate any comments, or questions if I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Rock

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 10:55 AM, OH Bear said:

Just had a Flowmaster Series 50 Delta Flow installed yesterday. Just a direct replacement of the stock muffler and removed flapper. Sounds exactly like I was shooting for, still muted and not at all obnoxious, but can now actually tell it is a V8! I didn't want much noise inside at all and it is great, you can hear it but it's not intrusive. No drone at all, except of course when V4 activates and then it sounds terrible but that is going away as soon as my Range AFM disabler gets here. I was a little worried that the 50 Series Delta Flow would be so quiet that you could hardly tell the difference from stock, but that's not the case at all. 

This is what I want to do next to my 18. Not sure if I want to go single out or duel out. I just don't want any drone in the cab.