What have you done to your K2 today?

7 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. took it to Home Depot and picked up a "load" of lumber.. it's officially a work truck now! large.20180915_142116.jpg.fb077529932959dece068b089e5625cb.jpg

.. then got home, vacuumed it out, armor-all the door panels and made a streaky mess of the panels! :(

What are you using to clean up your door panels?

On door panels use either Meguiar's Interior Spray Detailer or Woolite diluted with distilled water.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:39 AM, lapoolboy said:

And how did you accomplish this??? Did you cut up the shutter system to leave the motor and stops in place?  I saw another member who trimmed the shutters to clear the light bar and left the rest in place.

That's correct. Cut the plastic that encases the motor, placed the motor back in the plastic, cut the nubs off the shutters and glued them back into the motor. Relocated the motor and ambient temp sensor under the plastic cover in the engine bay. It's been roughly 3 months and no problems whatsoever :thumbs:

6 hours ago, Lgetz said:

On door panels use either Meguiar's Interior Spray Detailer or Woolite diluted with distilled water.

I seen this post yesterday while at my brother's house, he's a Jax Wax dealer. Told him I have the same issue with streaking. I've used Maguire's wipes, Armor All wipes, doesn't matter. He handed me a spray bottle of a interior cleaner from JW. I'll let you know how it works. I will say, anything else from JW has worked with great results.

No, I'm not trying to force anything here, but, I will say, it does what it says it will. By all means use what you like, but, honestly, the results can be seen, can't argue that...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 6.2Midnight said:

I seen this post yesterday while at my brother's house, he's a Jax Wax dealer. Told him I have the same issue with streaking. I've used Maguire's wipes, Armor All wipes, doesn't matter. He handed me a spray bottle of a interior cleaner from JW. I'll let you know how it works. I will say, anything else from JW has worked with great results.

No, I'm not trying to force anything here, but, I will say, it does what it says it will. By all means use what you like, but, honestly, the results can be seen, can't argue that...

No worries use what works for you.  

I follow the instructions on the bottle of Meguiars Interior Spray Detailer and have no issues.  Distilled water and Woolite was recommended by a local detailer for leather seats and door panels.  Use 1.5-2.0 oz of Woolite to 20oz of water.  No problems with this either yet. 

Bought a gallon of Meguiars D156 X-press Spray Wax after looking at Auto Fetish Detail's YouTube videos.  Guy uses it on exterior paint and trim, glass, interior trim, panels and leather seats.  Will report back on my findings once I use it on the truck.

Edited by Lgetz
Inserted word into product description
  • Like 1

Free mod with some leftover LEDs and a spare controller I had laying around.  Was a real pain running the wires under the carpet without removing the seats...  Controller is capable of dimming them so they aren't as obnoxious as in the pics and has a RF wireless remote.  Out of convenience I just tapped RPO power from the driver side fuse panel panel so they come on whenever the key is in and stays on until its removed and a door is opened.

1nujvoI.jpg

2K73f2V.jpg

DV3M77z.jpg

ymlgjHR.jpg

On 9/15/2018 at 4:42 PM, STRMTRPR said:

.. took it to Home Depot and picked up a "load" of lumber.. it's officially a work truck now! large.20180915_142116.jpg.fb077529932959dece068b089e5625cb.jpg

.. then got home, vacuumed it out, armor-all the door panels and made a streaky mess of the panels! :(

What are you using to clean up your door panels?

Wipe that stuff off and use this next time:

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-TVD_109_16-Sprayable-Dressing/dp/B001TI1F5Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1537187259&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=chemical+guys+tire+dressing&psc=1

It lasts for months and smells great!

• Like 1