What have you done to your K2 today?

9 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

ledzzzz

Nice:thumbs:.. makes you wonder when GM is going to catch up to the aftermarket crowd and start putting a reverse bulb in stock that you can actually see in the dark with vs an interior light bulb to let the squirrels know when it's time to move out of the way

• Like 2

Just now, STRMTRPR said:

Nice:thumbs:.. makes you wonder when GM is going to catch up to the aftermarket crowd and start putting a reverse bulb in stock that you can actually see in the dark with vs an interior light bulb to let the squirrels know when it's time to move out of the way

agreeed! Next on the list will be replacing the shitty headlights. 

.. what didn't you do to your K2 today? My Rough Country level kit arrived yesterday.. but I'm dealing with an injured disk in my spine making bending over out of the question.. guess it's time to train my girl how to tear down the suspension!

Facebook-If-they-do-shes-a-keeper-8256e6.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stockredsierra said:

My truck came with the Active Grille Shutters...needless to say I removed them. No regrets. No loss in MPG. No CEL. No overheating issues. 

And how did you accomplish this??? Did you cut up the shutter system to leave the motor and stops in place?  I saw another member who trimmed the shutters to clear the light bar and left the rest in place.

Thanks to Phil, I upgraded from DL8 to DL3 mirrors. So excited to have turn signals now, in the last few weeks I've been almost nailed by several people just not paying attention as I go to change lanes. I doubt this the turn signals will help, but hoping it does if they don't pay attention to the turn lights on the tail lights.

IMG_4775.jpg

IMG_4776.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fix29 said:

Got a wheel alignment and new tires installed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

When you goin' muddin'?  :)

Edited by rkj__

Happened last week, but have been too busy to post. Lady blindly pulled out in front of me in an intersection in her little camry, as I was going through it. Luckily it was just me in the truck, and no one was hurt. Driving around this rental silverado just doesn't feel the same.

Now, waiting to hear for the full assessment of damages.

IMG_5271.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

• Sad 2

Happened last week, but have been too busy to post. Lady blindly pulled out in front of me in an intersection in her little camry, as I was going through it. Luckily it was just me in the truck, and no one was hurt. Driving around this rental silverado just doesn't feel the same.

Now, waiting to hear for the full assessment of damages.

IMG_5271.thumb.jpg.4e67b9d99b80a1d045890cb2c49391b1.jpg
IMG_5295.thumb.jpg.774d4034c44cf2e4b69c90bd77d7e2f8.jpg

Hope you’re ok.

Same thing happened to my gmc, I’m lucky I got a write off.

BRING IT TO A GM DEALER WITH A BODY SHOP ONSITE don’t go to one of the insurance “preferred” body shops

your warranty will still be good and you don’t have to worry about them not using gm parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deadpoollane said:

Hope you’re ok.

Same thing happened to my gmc, I’m lucky I got a write off.

BRING IT TO A GM DEALER WITH A BODY SHOP ONSITE don’t go to one of the insurance “preferred” body shops

your warranty will still be good and you don’t have to worry about them not using gm parts.

Thanks for the advice. I have USAA and this has been a concern of mine throughout this whole ordeal. Luckily since the Vehicle is so new, it's within the period where USAA will only fix it with OEM parts so I'm hopeful it ends up playing out that way. Also curious to see how the BDS components held up and the next steps regarding those.

Impact was primarily on the front, driver-side corner which seems to be a weak point for the frame. Just hope damage like that doesn't haunt me for the lifetime of the vehicle. Anxious to see what the estimate will be, would assume the write-off threshold will be ridiculously high given the truck is only 7 months old.

Edited by FourThor
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I have USAA and this has been a concern of mine throughout this whole ordeal. Luckily since the Vehicle is so new, it's within the period where USAA will only fix it with OEM parts so I'm hopeful it ends up playing out that way. Also curious to see how the BDS components held up and the next steps regarding those.

Impact was primarily on the front, driver-side corner which seems to be a weak point for the frame. Just hope damage like that doesn't haunt me for the lifetime of the vehicle. Anxious to see what the estimate will be, would assume the write-off threshold will be ridiculously high given the truck is only 7 months old.
I would check if your state does diminished value claims.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

I would check if your state does diminished value claims.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Fortunately they do, already started that process against the other insurance company. From what I've seen though unless your in GA, the value of that claim is hard to prove, but we shall see how it all plays out.

Fortunately they do, already started that process against the other insurance company. From what I've seen though unless your in GA, the value of that claim is hard to prove, but we shall see how it all plays out.

I hardly hit the person and my frame bent, first shop said they could fix my truck so I took it to a gm dealer and they said it would cost more than 70% of the vehicle

10,000 miles on it.

Sadly in Ontario we have a dumb dumb law of no fault accident insurance meaning you can’t get the money back from lost value.

So I wanted the write off more than anything.

0ab72ff15f34ace441b5368deba14f59.png

1 hour ago, FourThor said:

I had a company do an appraisal for me.  They sent a guy, and he took pics and measured the paint thickness.  They then sent me a complete report and diminished value appraisal. Cost me $350 for everything. The other guy's insurance ended up settling for around $4,500.  

20180217_122919.jpg

• Sad 1