What have you done to your K2 today?

On 9/21/2018 at 9:43 AM, captainzombie said:

How are these Westin's and what do they cost? I am looking for a set of running boards here before the winter hits and I need ones that won't totally rust out due to the fun winters here in Illinois.

I just ordered them but they will arrive Monday.. I'll throw up some pics when I install them next week.. cost wise they are around $400USD or $500CAD.. I also need to deal with winter salt living in Ontario - the salt center of the universe:D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, STRMTRPR said:

I just ordered them but they will arrive Monday.. I'll throw up some pics when I install them next week.. cost wise they are around $400USD or $500CAD.. I also need to deal with winter salt living in Ontario - the salt center of the universe:D

You've clearly never been to NS..not only do we salt the roads on purpose, but we get the lovely salt air from the sea ;) SALT ALL THE THINGS!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

You've clearly never been to NS..not only do we salt the roads on purpose, but we get the lovely salt air from the sea ;) SALT ALL THE THINGS!!! 

LOL, yes I've been to Halifax a couple of times.. but in the summer of course:).. we do try to compensate for your natural salt air by spreading more than 2 million tonnes of salt on the roads in Ontario each year.. and now we're converting to using calcium chloride too.. which does an even better job attacking vehicles

• Like 1

Daughter had me drive her (Miss Edwards AFB 2018) and her Little Miss in the Rosamond Military Appreciation Parade this morning.  Crossed the 100 “yard line” on the way home from the parade.  I’ll be editing this post later, when I get pictures.  Miles pictures are from when I got in the driveway.

53AC7CF4-4BEC-40C2-B3D2-4A89A6DABB89.jpeg

911C9932-ADCC-4461-8392-ACE1AAB9D6D1.jpeg

EA6FEBBB-F0E7-4FFB-B054-3612AA21244E.thumb.jpeg.cf244515027d8f386d7393dd10d02a06.jpeg

A42756C6-EF14-490F-9AE9-970B93F8E4D2.thumb.jpeg.36c217a9fe7ce1501b46d50f585d325c.jpeg

0BDC89E5-9CA8-4EC7-B5A4-9D1253362BEF.thumb.jpeg.17708e5f7594d2e2a514084c393ece8a.jpeg

68DF805C-33E8-42F0-9FCF-E75AA4C745D8.thumb.jpeg.9b63dd47862c051e3a1f5b2a441babc9.jpeg

Edited by Ravenkeeper
Added photos
  • Like 1

Installed 4.56 gears in both differentials. :-) The mod should pay for itself within a couple years from the fuel savings. The truck rides around in V4 most of the time now in the city and gas mileage has improved by 30% so far. Still in the break in period though so we’ll see.

Counter intuitive that a mod which results in better acceleration and increased towing capacity would also result in better gas mileage, but it does. The decreased load from the gears allows it to stay in V4 when I don’t need the power of V8. Three birds, one stone.

What size tires are you running? How are the rpms at highway speeds?

LOL, yes I've been to Halifax a couple of times.. but in the summer of course[emoji4].. we do try to compensate for your natural salt air by spreading more than 2 million tonnes of salt on the roads in Ontario each year.. and now we're converting to using calcium chloride too.. which does an even better job attacking vehicles

Lmao that great green salt we have.... get stuck behind a plow truck and that salt will stick all over your vehicle even if it’s not wet!

We need to switch to sand and make snow tires mandatory I’m sick of salt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size tires are you running? How are the rpms at highway speeds?

275/65R20 Cooper STT Pro on the bright polished aluminum snowflake (All Terrain) rims. Each wheel/tire is 115lbs.

At 70mph my engine RPMs are 2175. Most of the time it’s in V4 so my gas mileage has improved significantly vs stock gearing with my bigger/heavier tires. I’m in the process of collecting data on my tuner to be able to post more objective information.

Based on the small data sample since installing the gears, I’ve moved from 12mpg to 18mpg average. We’ll see if that continues to be true as time goes on.

Here’s a link to the thread I’m going to post my results to:

4.56 gears K2XX 4x4 L83

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=33003&share_tid=215144&url=https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/215144-4%2E56-gears-K2XX-4x4-L83&share_type=t

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 8:54 AM, STRMTRPR said:

Report back once you have added them, I'd be interested to see what they look like on your truck. We have a similar issue with all that darn salt during the winter months, so I have to figure out how to keep these running boards semi-salt free by going to car wash more and getting underbody wash during the winter. Don't need the body rusting sooner than need be.

It’s my b day today so decided to treat myself to some tint! Not totally in love with the front windshield strip, but it’s a $20 experiment. Front windows tinted to a legal 35% here in Illinois.

Midwest glass tinters in oak lawn did an awesome job!

72db30aa01fa21f7c50fb6bf2b63f374.jpg346355efdcfa03cc4cb04d61187f723e.jpg

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

• Like 6