What have you done to your K2 today?

On 9/28/2018 at 5:34 PM, A.J. Curtis said:

271f01b89068651b2948e1ecade5c587.jpg
I finally got new meat! The BFG tk02s were great and lasted over 60k miles. So far these Falken wild peak at3w’s have been great. I have noticed that they make much less noise than the BFG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What wheels are those! That's exactly what I'm looking for!

.. night shots of the front turn lights.. never know there was anything on them at night. Also tested out the tailgate light strip I put on today.. really happy with it so far.. hopefully it lasts for a while.. got this one on Amazon

20180929_211837.jpg

20180929_211745.jpg

Edited by STRMTRPR
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

.."blacked out" the front orange signal lights with perforated black vinyl.. gives it the tinted look but still passes all the light thru..

Before and After:

large.20180929_140812.jpg.e7d72e77bd1f843895082a7004b81b13.jpg

large.20180929_142246.jpg.3f6395b6e155a55d1420e2149f204a70.jpg

large.20180929_144032.jpg.1fa9fa4422e44ad30fff5c3baacf66cd.jpg

large.20180929_143926.jpg.456ab972495b635ca3d4b08bec468e1b.jpg

so when are you doing a horn mod....

i think this would sound about right....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpGXgNHaJsk

:D

21 minutes ago, bc-chris said:

so when are you doing a horn mod....

i think this would sound about right....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpGXgNHaJsk

:D

LOL.. I had thought about rigging up an Arduino with mp3 to play that to replace the door open chime.. but the wife would never go for that!.. good thing she keeps me from going too far (yes that has happened in the past :))

• Haha 1

I bought my 17 gmc sierra with 8k miles on it. The previous owner had a bed liner in it. So I pulled it out today and now I know why. I have a white truck. The entire bed of the truck had red paint or epoxy on it. Aways, took me 6 hours with a body eraser and 3 cans of brake cleaner to get it all off.

After that I replaced the red gmc emblem on the grille with a black and white to match the truck and wheels. Well, let's just say I had a better time with the bed of the truck. Gmc really put that grille on so you had to work to take it off. Unfortunately,  I'll have to do it again when i replace the grille with the denali grille i want but cant afford right now. 

.. taking bc-chris' suggestion a little further (the startup animation may be fun) does anyone here happen to already know the developer code for the 18 mylink for the build version below? I didn't find anything useful on developer.gm.com

20180930_002542.jpg

edit.. it doesn't appear that this is easily done on the 17/18 versions

Edited by STRMTRPR

What wheels are those! That's exactly what I'm looking for!

Thanks! They are ProComp
Series 34 Rockwell
17x8.5
6-5.5 / 6-139.7
4.75 BS

They come in 17” to 20”
https://www.procompusa.com/eSearch.aspx/Wheels-Wheels?N=0Z1vnZ1z141poZ1z13wy4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. taking bc-chris' suggestion a little further (the startup animation may be fun) does anyone here happen to already know the developer code for the 18 mylink for the build version below? I didn't find anything useful on developer.gm.com

20180930_002542.jpg

edit.. it doesn't appear that this is easily done on the 17/18 versions

I found out you can change the background on the super duty, I was really hoping you could here but sadly it doesn't seem to be easy, although anything is possible with enough money time and skill I guess.

.. well it doesn't happen often.. but I had to bow to my wife's better judgement today :P. I decided to wrap the pillars between the doors as I was positive it would look better (maybe I'm just conditioned to believe that from looking at my F150) but she was right.. before and after pics.. stood back looked at it.. then agreed and removed the wrap

20180930_121150.jpg

20180930_121211.jpg

• Like 1

Drove my son and I to church, wife and daughter had to head in early.  Then after church, my son and I went and filled it up for the first refuel, grabbed some Burger King, went to the automated car wash (first bath), and drove home.

22 minutes ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. hitting 0 for 2 today.. began wrapping my silver interior trim with carbon fiber vinyl.. got the passenger side vent trim done and decided there just wasnt enough contrast to the black dash and went back to original silver.

20180930_173448.jpg

i figured you'd be going with white like jorge did....    dropkick

his user name on this forum is NitroDatsik - he's done lots of cool stuff to his truck!