What have you done to your K2 today?

Not my truck. Had a local fellow drop his truck off for some work.

Illuminated Handles with LED Switchbacks Installed. 1A/AM Auto Mirror with LED Switchbacks installed.

Mirrors retained Power Fold, Mirror Memory, Key Fob Fold, Reverse Tilt and all the other functions of his DL3 Mirror (except driver side Dimming of course).

I didn’t perform any of the retrofits, just physical installation and wiring.

Before:
826bd2a07e4d975e24093a56151a27ea.jpg

After:
d21a2cfe0a66cfa34c7709b6c6cdf523.jpg

e032749dbaac6d02ac066f6f811227c0.jpg

e6faafedc63d6ad5f7204255069a5d41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Illuminated Handles with LED Switchbacks Installed. 1A/AM Auto Mirror with LED Switchbacks installed.

Mirrors retained Power Fold, Mirror Memory, Key Fob Fold, Reverse Tilt and all the other functions of his DL3 Mirror (except driver side Dimming of course).

Before:

After:

Do you know who did the retrofit for the mirrors?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do you know who did the retrofit for the mirrors?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well... I guess I did. Lol. He bought the complete running Lamp assembly with the switchbacks in installed. I think he got them from Midsouth LED. The handles from Legions Off Road.

I had to take the mirror apart to install them and wire them up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Before:

After:

Does it run white and turn amber with the turn signal or is it user customizable?

Happened last week, but have been too busy to post. Lady blindly pulled out in front of me in an intersection in her little camry, as I was going through it. Luckily it was just me in the truck, and no one was hurt. Driving around this rental silverado just doesn't feel the same.

Now, waiting to hear for the full assessment of damages.

IMG_5271.thumb.jpg.4e67b9d99b80a1d045890cb2c49391b1.jpg
IMG_5295.thumb.jpg.774d4034c44cf2e4b69c90bd77d7e2f8.jpg
That sucks man, sorry to hear. Any update?

.. finally ordered a set of running boards for the truck today. After much back and forth on a couple different drop step options I pulled the trigger and ordered the Westin HDX bars. Truck finally goes in tomorrow morning to dealer to have the console power socket replaced which shorted out couple weeks ago.. been holding off on installing a sub/amp and a few other things until the dealer is done messing around with my harness and pulling my console.

• Like 3

Installed 4.56 gears in both differentials. :-) The mod should pay for itself within a couple years from the fuel savings. The truck rides around in V4 most of the time now in the city and gas mileage has improved by 30% so far. Still in the break in period though so we’ll see.

Counter intuitive that a mod which results in better acceleration and increased towing capacity would also result in better gas mileage, but it does. The decreased load from the gears allows it to stay in V4 when I don’t need the power of V8. Three birds, one stone.

14 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. finally ordered a set of running boards for the truck today. After much back and forth on a couple different drop step options I pulled the trigger and ordered the Westin HDX bars. Truck finally goes in tomorrow morning to dealer to have the console power socket replaced which shorted out couple weeks ago.. been holding off on installing a sub/amp and a few other things until the dealer is done messing around with my harness and pulling my console.

they look pretty good

On 9/19/2018 at 8:54 AM, pgamboa said:

Before:

After:

Hey Phil. Can you move to Illinois? There is a house down the road from me for sale :lol: I am going to get a set off those door handles.  How hard are they to wire?  I have watched you video on the illuminated handles, but how do you get the turn signals to work?  I have DL3 mirrors with your harness.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 10:52 AM, squeak93 said:

Dropped off my 15 for the power steering recall and driver seat side to side movement tsb.  

I have some led lights coming to do ambient lighting inside, grill lights and rear marker lights under the tailgate.  I’ll also do the air box cutout mod to go with my airaid cai tube. New Wix air filter (throwing away the k&n the previous owner out in as it keeps getting my maf dirty and causing hesitation upon acceleration) and a new cabin air filter. 

Is this the TSB you had performed?  Any cost associated with it?

https://gm.oemdtc.com/1647/pi1183a-front-seat-lateral-movement-andor-click-type-noise-while-driving-2014-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra

Hey Phil. Can you move to Illinois? There is a house down the road from me for sale :lol: I am going to get a set off those door handles.  How hard are they to wire?  I have watched you video on the illuminated handles, but how do you get the turn signals to work?  I have DL3 mirrors with your harness.

LOL!

I ended up sending my handles off to Monty Crisp (Crisp GM Customs). He retrofitted switchback LEDs to them. So, I ended up having to run new circuits (Turn Signals and Running Lamp) to the doors. So when my headlights are on, the handles are on (white), then go to amber when Signal is used.

Just like how the switchback turn signals work on LTZ/HC LED Head lights.

• Like 4

On 9/19/2018 at 9:23 PM, STRMTRPR said:

How are these Westin's and what do they cost? I am looking for a set of running boards here before the winter hits and I need ones that won't totally rust out due to the fun winters here in Illinois.