What have you done to your K2 today?

Replaced my chrome door handles and mirror caps with color matched ones. Next up, color matched Bumpershellz.
IMG_2516.thumb.JPG.5af2c8dfc6183d65cc81a36de4a024df.JPG
IMG_2517.thumb.JPG.458f138f44cb0b6682674f65eb2b2992.JPG
IMG_2518.thumb.JPG.1332895ac315f8ee03b171ca8d7a8622.JPG

Did you paint or get them from somewhere? Definitely interested in this as opposed to the matte black I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replaced my chrome door handles and mirror caps with color matched ones. Next up, color matched Bumpershellz.
IMG_2516.thumb.JPG.5af2c8dfc6183d65cc81a36de4a024df.JPG
IMG_2517.thumb.JPG.458f138f44cb0b6682674f65eb2b2992.JPG
IMG_2518.thumb.JPG.1332895ac315f8ee03b171ca8d7a8622.JPG

Did you paint or get them from somewhere? Definitely interested in this as opposed to the matte black I have.

I need to do this to my Suburban. How did you do it? Any tips or tricks?

I used painters tape and marked it off while it was still on the truck to get my line where I wanted it. Then I just bolted it off and took a dremel to it following the tape line. It was pretty simple just time consuming.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Neallynein said:

Ordered them from gmpartsdirect.  Mirror caps part#23236147  Door handles part# 23236150. All parts came pre painted gloss black, which matches my Onyx Black perfectly. And they are OEM parts :D

• Like 1

Ordered them from gmpartsdirect.  Mirror caps part#23236147  Door handles part# 23236150. All parts came pre painted gloss black, which matches my Onyx Black perfectly. And they are OEM parts [emoji3]

Good to know! Thanks a lot!

On 10/6/2018 at 1:00 AM, Ravenkeeper said:

Today, I drove out to Edwards AFB, picked up my wife after we dropped off her CR-V for its first set of new tires, drove to Rosamond for breakfast, Lancaster for some shopping, Mojave to go talk to CHP, Tehachapi to buy a couple diodes for some light mods, back to Rosamond to grab my hitch (forgot it when I left the house this morning), back to Edwards AFB to pickup wife’s car and a trailer for tomorrow’s parade in Boron, and then home for the night.  Crossed the 400 mile mark and the 500 mile mark.  Truck and trailer are out front ready to go.  Will post pictures after the parade, when I have them.

Chris, did the CHP give you any indication of how they found the person that caused the wreck? I'm impressed that they caught this individual, but am curious how they did it. I thought he/she was probably long gone and would never be found.

2 hours ago, Ag76 said:

Chris, did the CHiPs give you any indication of how they found the person that caused the wreck? I'm impressed that they caught this individual, but am curious how they did it. I thought he/she was probably long gone and would never be found.

Ponch and Jon AWAYS get the the bad guys!!!

...wow... i'm sooooooooooo showing my age!  ha! ha!

Edited by bc-chris
  • Like 1

Installed Raybestos Police Front Rotors, Raybestos EHT pads and replaced calipers with refurbs that I painted prior to install. Gonna do the rears tomorrow.

Break in was easy, 10 stops from 40-10 with 1/4 to 1/2 mile in between them. Drive around for ten minutes to let them cool and done.

I have the same pads with the RPT rotors, very happy with the performance and price

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

44453258855_3d035d1b95_c.jpg

Ended up ordering a set of LED headlights this weekend. I never used to have issues with my morimoto HIDs but lately they have had different components failing left and right. Hopefully the LEDs will work out :smash:

also soon to start ordering materials to build my adjustable bed rack. Cant wait to have that thing built!!

Edited by Mike1220
  • Like 2