What have you done to your K2 today?

18 minutes ago, Mike1220 said:

44453258855_3d035d1b95_c.jpg

Ended up ordering a set of LED headlights this weekend. I never used to have issues with my morimoto HIDs but lately they have had different components failing left and right. Hopefully the LEDs will work out :smash:

also soon to start ordering materials to build my adjustable bed rack. Cant wait to have that thing built!!

Trucks look's good

• Like 1

44453258855_3d035d1b95_c.jpg

Ended up ordering a set of LED headlights this weekend. I never used to have issues with my morimoto HIDs but lately they have had different components failing left and right. Hopefully the LEDs will work out :smash:

also soon to start ordering materials to build my adjustable bed rack. Cant wait to have that thing built!!

I’m right there with you! I’ve cooked through 3 ballasts and 1 cap link with my Morimoto/TRS kit... these hid kits don’t like the SLE drl voltages...

Which LED kit did you get? I’m looking to swap out my whole HID kit for LEDs D2S bulbs.

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

37 minutes ago, Waterfowler41 said:

I’m right there with you! I’ve cooked through 3 ballasts and 1 cap link with my Morimoto/TRS kit... these hid kits don’t like the SLE drl voltages...

.. if you're interested you can put together a relatively simple 555 PWM (DRL) sensing circuit to only enable the HID when full 12VDC is applied (lights on - no DRL). I ran this setup on my F150 and Jeep HIDs with great success. Here's a link with details on another forum..

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/need-help-making-a-circuit-to-sense-pwm-on-12v-auto-headlight-drl.91764/

9 minutes ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. if you're interested you can put together a relatively simple 555 PWM (DRL) sensing circuit to only enable the HID when full 12VDC is applied (lights on - no DRL). I ran this setup on my F150 and Jeep HIDs with great success. Here's a link with details on another forum..

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/need-help-making-a-circuit-to-sense-pwm-on-12v-auto-headlight-drl.91764/

Thanks!  Awesome info! I am a mech. engineer so the talk of scopes and breadboards brought back the familiar smell of burning resistors from Circuit labs...  I sent TRS an email this weekend.  I'll wait to hear back form them.   

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Waterfowler41 said:

Thanks!  Awesome info! I am a mech. engineer so the talk of scopes and breadboards brought back the familiar smell of burning resistors from Circuit labs...  I sent TRS an email this weekend.  I'll wait to hear back form them.   

.. lol it is unmistakable.. kinda like the smell of tire burnouts.. only without the smile on your face :)

Finished my brake install.

Last night when burnishing my front brakes, I noticed a slight squeal as the tire rotated at slow speeds without the brakes applied. This morning I investigated and found that my passenger front rotor had an uneven wear pattern and small black deposits from the pads on the rotor. I got out a dental pick and scraped off each and ever little bit of that stuff then took a scotchbrite pad and evenly and lightly scuffed the rotor surface.

After finishing my rear brakes today, I drove to break them in and was very happy to see my squeal is no longer there and all 4 rotors now display an even wear pattern. My guess is I was a little too aggressive in my break-in driving last night and glazed a couple small areas of the pads which fused to the rotor. Live and learn.

• Like 1

Trucks look's good

Thanks man! Can’t wait to get the parts I’ve been saving for and designing over the last few months. Gonna include a removable very light duty hitch mount for the front end, adjustable height bedrack, and a trident style flag pole mount for the rear hitch so I can have my flags on all the time! Even if I have to go into a garage that’s barely y’all enough for the truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved my truck......

I made stupid mistake of getting on Autotrader to see how much prices on trucks dropped. I found a number of fully loaded 2018 LTZ Z71’s for 41-42k, including the 100 year anniversary one.

Wife looked at me with those eyes. You know, the ones that say “you little #%^*. You just spent $7000 lifting and re-gearing your truck and now you want a new one? I don’t think so!”

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 300 Blackout said:

Finished my brake install.

Last night when burnishing my front brakes, I noticed a slight squeal as the tire rotated at slow speeds without the brakes applied. This morning I investigated and found that my passenger front rotor had an uneven wear pattern and small black deposits from the pads on the rotor. I got out a dental pick and scraped off each and ever little bit of that stuff then took a scotchbrite pad and evenly and lightly scuffed the rotor surface.

After finishing my rear brakes today, I drove to break them in and was very happy to see my squeal is no longer there and all 4 rotors now display an even wear pattern. My guess is I was a little too aggressive in my break-in driving last night and glazed a couple small areas of the pads which fused to the rotor. Live and learn.

great feeling when hard work pays off 

Added chrome tow hooks to my 2014 today.

What a royal pain!!!

Had to cut the heads off the long bolts to be able to slide the bolts out while using a pry bar.

Had to unbolt the bumper brackets from the frame on both sides. I did one side at a time.

15_silverado is right.  Watch his video if you want to do this on a 2014!

Side note: On my 2014 I had to do the passenger side just like he shows doing the driver side.

Glad to be done with that small but tedious mod!

Have black tow hooks for sale ;-)

hook.jpg

Edited by churchy1313
  • Like 3

Had my truck detailed this past weekend. Also posted these and a couple more in my build thread.81f4fe5f555520d28b7ca219838ec57c.jpgf636d070ebecbe704c9703160244ef5b.jpgaa7bd156a80a26c21e13f44efd52f634.jpg13ea791890dc554e2729ce7a37c679f3.jpgb9ee24cfb8c6953c812b39ae64f1a7b5.jpga23b79734ed283600b88a31e7a1bc39a.jpgaaeaadde03970f9da074ad015734b6dd.jpgb260cb15580a47900d58ff687bd42f06.jpgc50b282f7537755c76f1d19e838c17e4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk. My build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/192614-Tenscourts'-2016-LTZ/Z71-CCSB-4WD-Silverado

• Like 11

15 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. got my rear stake pocket covers today.. should keep the snow from collecting in there and cleans up the bed rails..

20181017_183330.jpg

20181017_183359.jpg

It's crazy these trucks don't come with that.  The front ones are covered.  :confused:

But yeah . . . they'll go down flat.