What have you done to your K2 today?

Without winter, there would be much less appreciation for summer. Watching other people suffer from the cold brings me joy hehe. Bundle up and be prepared!

I could do without the salt on the roads, but there's something about driving a 4x4 truck through the snow. Great acoustic dampening as well after a couple inches has fallen.

.. just to add to the winter is here thread.. I may be in the minority but I wait all year for winter to arrive.. I'm an avid snowboarder and there is no substitute for a day spent on top of the mountain or in the glades.  This year will be rough as I'm unable to get any snowboarding in due to my back injury... but like ShubiSnax said at least I can still go out and play in the snow with my Silverado:)

20181110_102357.jpg

• Like 5

Installed a new grille. I went back and forth for a long time but felt like this was a good look at a great price. Paid $112 shipped. Haven't hooked up the lights yet, need to figure out how to wire them so they come on with the amber running lights in the mirrors. Also unsure about the color. I like the black but it sort of reminds me of people who slap on fender flares without painting them, just looks unfinished. We will see.

Before

20181110_102518.thumb.jpg.4ca2d45c7abd2cd58d329679df4bb789.jpg

After

20181110_113653.thumb.jpg.fb11b9c729946abd2a4cc180ed372781.jpg20181110_113704.thumb.jpg.c72f0b16fde54257378b695fc7496f89.jpg20181110_113710.thumb.jpg.743eac28c5d9822ab188282ee23a22c9.jpg

Little more info on the grille. It is a two piece, so you can have each part painted separately if interested. Install was easy enough once you got the old grille off, but holy crap is that a pain. Fit and finish is nice but not quite OEM quality. If GM is the standard this is maybe 80-90% there, just a little more gap in areas than I'd like but worth the compromise for cost and all things considered for me. Led running lights look super cheapo, we will see how they work but I'm not expecting much, held on by the most tiny screws and the center one wasn't even bolted in right, I had to adjust. They do come with some of those waterproof connectors which is nice and seems to have enough wiring to route it nicely.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

Installed a new grille. I went back and forth for a long time but felt like this was a good look at a great price. Paid $112 shipped. Haven't hooked up the lights yet, need to figure out how to wire them so they come on with the amber running lights in the mirrors. Also unsure about the color. I like the black but it sort of reminds me of people who slap on fender flares without painting them, just looks unfinished. We will see.

Before

20181110_102518.thumb.jpg.4ca2d45c7abd2cd58d329679df4bb789.jpg

After

20181110_113653.thumb.jpg.fb11b9c729946abd2a4cc180ed372781.jpg20181110_113704.thumb.jpg.c72f0b16fde54257378b695fc7496f89.jpg20181110_113710.thumb.jpg.743eac28c5d9822ab188282ee23a22c9.jpg

Little more info on the grille. It is a two piece, so you can have each part painted separately if interested. Install was easy enough once you got the old grille off, but holy crap is that a pain. Fit and finish is nice but not quite OEM quality. If GM is the standard this is maybe 80-90% there, just a little more gap in areas than I'd like but worth the compromise for cost and all things considered for me. Led running lights look super cheapo, we will see how they work but I'm not expecting much, held on by the most tiny screws and the center one wasn't even bolted in right, I had to adjust. They do come with some of those waterproof connectors which is nice and seems to have enough wiring to route it nicely.

I've been looking at the same grill for a while now.  Looks good.   How's the quality?

Changed my oil today and fixed my cold air tube the dealer didn’t properly reinstall (had warranty work on vac pump/brakes done about a month ago).  The tube was loose and throttle body clamps were barely hanging on. Good quality job there. ?

2 hours ago, shadrickjm said:

I've been looking at the same grill for a while now.  Looks good.   How's the quality?

Quality is better than I expected but less than I hoped. As I said it's prob 80% of what OEM is. To elaborate, the left and right sides don't seem to have the same spacing between the headlights and the grille, the led lights seem pretty crappy. That said it bolted on without any problem and seems pretty sturdy. Only time will tell but it's nowhere near the quality plastic that the OEM grille is, or at least seems to be.

At the moment I like the look so I'll keep it but with time I may change it to something else. I'll be keeping the OEM grille regardless.

• Like 1

Well not really what I did today per se. Last Saturday I went to get a set of black paint matched headlights and grille for $170. When I met him I found they had some pretty bad rock chips all over. Told the guy I was going to pass on them because I didn’t really want to do all the repair work and still spend that much. He said how about $100 for the set since they need work. I am now the proud owner of a paint matched front end to replace the chrome lights and WT grille. Got the OEM paint pen and clay bar kit yesterday. Looks like it’s going to be a busy Sunday. a014725f2382f3b57c4cffbcb1290a28.jpgd209b79b65f8470ee332507565abf3f9.jpgdf5c7deb7b7e3ff5d6f245220f229278.jpg33d269568d8b4047938db58ac1f5dd44.jpg

Sent from my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Looks great but had the same one, horrible reception, boxed back up and returned same day.

Sent from above

My reception was only VERY slightly worse.  I don’t really listen to FM much outside of sports talk radio.  It still picks up the HD FM signal fine though, but can be in and out depending on the reception in the area I am in.  I usually listen to XM so the look and quality of this vs the stock antenna was a no brainer for me.

Sorry yours didn’t work out.  A lot of the reviews I read said that it really depends on where you live. I’m just outside DC, so I wasn’t too worried about the signal strength in my area.

If you cheap enough, I might try it, but, I hate it when it cuts on and out. I listen to my xm 99% of them time as well.

I live in a major metropolitan city and sometimes it’s nice to listen to the radio but mostly listen to Apple Music play but still, my reception sucked as soon as I installed it and worked great as soon as I replaced with the oem antenna. Sorry, wished it worked, just real life experience.

Sent from above