What have you done to your K2 today?

349224aab61e97092340f5571ba6d3f4.jpgPut a “few” miles on the ole 2015 so far.

Sent via my cellular device utilizing a chat forum thingy!

[emoji1360] just rolled over 48k on my 2015 last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Got rough country light bar kit installed even with my grille shutters. Just finished my switch writing this morning so will test the light out tonight. Happy with the end results! 4ddc65a51a536f6d47e0b75856f84f1a.jpgb9805d1a5b90845f650a827c6994c0eb.jpgc17f89d8e4b5a36c14f50bbb205b1342.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Did mine at 48,000 miles ( Front & Rear , transmission  , transfer case ) . I know have 86,000 miles on the truck , will do my next flush with next oil change  at 89,000 miles. 

• Like 1

Oil/filter and plugs. By way, for anyone interested, Walmart has the Mobil1 0w-20 5qt jugs for $22. Also, Advance Auto is offering a $3 rebate per plug if you buy 4 or more. 

I only buy my oil from Wally World. Nobody else sells Dexos cheaper. It should be illegal for places like Oreillys to sell it so high.

May I ask a question for those with 40k plus miles? How many trans pan drop and or flushes have you done by that mileage? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

75k on my ‘14 Z-71 and have yet to do one. I check the fluid every oil change and it’s still nice and red and doesn’t smell burnt. I may consider a flush/fill when I hit 100k. My truck is 50/50 city/highway miles.

5 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

May I ask a question for those with 40k plus miles? How many trans pan drop and or flushes have you done by that mileage? Thank you.

By 40K I had done 2qty?  now at 86K 3qty total....just tunned the Beast with HP tunners!

• Like 2

Rides 10 times better wish I would’ve done this earlier

Mine came with the factory Rancho’s and rides like a dream. So I wonder how much better of a ride I could get with new shocks myself?

8 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I have 73k, bought 800 miles ago. Within a week I replaced diff, transfer case, and trans fluids/filter.  Original trans fluid was brown, but not burnt.  Magnet didn’t have any more shavings than I’d expect at my mileage.  I personally won’t do a true flush (reverse, or with cleaning agent) and don’t feel like disconnecting the cooler lines to pump out/in, especially with that mileage; however, I do a slow mix-over by draining/filling every few hundred miles for 1000 miles or so, and get the fluid cherry red again. It’s not a perfectly complete fluid swap but close. I’ve rehabbed 150k mile transmissions with metal mountains on their magnets this way with great results, so that’s what I’ll be doing. I did drill a hole in my pan and weld a home-made castle nut inside to accept a drain plug, though, because the exhaust is a PIA.

Edited by dukedkt442

2 hours ago, Racindave said:

Followed the church buses to youth camp going 55-65 mph for 5 hours with one stop. Got 29.3 mpg on the trip. That’s crazy to me with a bed full of stuff and 3 people in it. 

EBD67E83-59AF-48D1-AF19-52CF8440CD6B.jpeg

I'd go completely insane driving anywhere, following anything for 5 hours at 55-65mph! ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1