What have you done to your K2 today?

Did you just mount it to the plastic attached to the grille? Any issues with the shutters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, had it attached with stainless steel washers too and absolutely ZERO issues with the shutters, approx an inch before touching the shutters. I thought it was going to be easy to decide where to install the switch but behind the plastic pc under the steering wheel that’s easily removed, there’s a hard plastic area that you can’t or shouldn’t drill through so I made it easy. I may have the switch moved somewhere else but for now, it’s fine.
I didn’t install this myself, had it installed at a car audio store, it’s all cheap to do. Light bar was only $110 plus install which was $150.

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

There will be some additional drilling into the supplied braces, depending on where you want the light beam to hit, I like mine aiming on the road about 50’ out, excellent light for the price

Sent from Above

There will be some additional drilling into the supplied braces, depending on where you want the light beam to hit, I like mine aiming on the road about 50’ out, excellent light for the price

Sent from Above

I really like that setup. I wonder if the spacing in the bottom of the GMC grill is the same as the Silverado. Would you mind measuring the width when you get a chance? My silverado grill is 1 inch.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I really like that setup. I wonder if the spacing in the bottom of the GMC grill is the same as the Silverado. Would you mind measuring the width when you get a chance? My silverado grill is 1 inch.

No worries but the Chevy (if my memory serves me correct) May have a larger gap but I’ll check tomorrow and post a pic

Sent from Above
  • Like 2

had the cooling system flushed with the dealer machine and had the brake system flushed, nice clean fluid now, was going to have them do the recall for the brake module still no fix yet, they said it should happen in the next 2 weeks they have vehicles they can't sell until they get the software fix.

Edited by doubeleive
  • Like 1

Sorry, crazy day today, just got home. It looks to be about 1.25” but the gap is larger behind the grill, it’s actually laying on the bottom pc of plastic. Hope this works for you.

75126be2509bf880e7f2bae8519eb720.jpg

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 4:57 PM, doubeleive said:

installed a Katech ported throttle body, now i just need to pay blackbear for a tune and take some log files I have a autocal already

katech.jpg

katech1.jpg

katech2.jpg

did you enlarge the area where the MAF sensor goes? if so how much larger is the diameter of the maf location vs stock?

1 hour ago, flyingfool said:

did you enlarge the area where the MAF sensor goes? if so how much larger is the diameter of the maf location vs stock?

I haven't measured the tube width but I installed a cold air inductions inc CAI kit #512-0102-B

the Truck also has a Carven catback system, when I bought the Carven was already on it I believe the flapper has been deleted if it had one, this thing really needs a tune I am going to order the tune tomorrow I just have to call blackbear because I bought a used autocal and there seems to be some confusion about what numbers they need i just have to clarify i'm going to order a tune for this truck and my 6.2l yukon which has a pretty similar setup.

coldair.JPG

Edited by doubeleive