What have you done to your K2 today?

11 minutes ago, VanguardK2 said:
38 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:
Looks good.

Any details to share? Any other shots of the light itself?

X2 I'm super interested in this as well!

I just used part of a roll of white waterproof 5630 led's

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16ft-Cool-White-5630-Super-Bright-Waterproof-LED-Strip-Light-DC12V-5A-W-3M-Tape/223129042754?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

and then picked up a standard hood pin from the local Stereo / Alarm shop

wired it up with a fuse to the battery and used the hood pin as the ground, there is already a hole in the fender near the battery to install the hood pin

i did use some scotch ultra double sided tape for the led's strip because the tape it comes with is cheap garbage

under the top lip edge of the firewall area it is flat all the way across the engine bay, I used a baby wipe and cleaned the surface before sticking light strip on

did the same thing to my Yukon a while back, GM used to put a light under the hood they even had one that had a small extension cord so you could grab it and look around with it, but there cheap bastards now, lol

hoodpin.jpg

hoodpin1.jpg

hoodpin2.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doubeleive said:

I just used part of a roll of white waterproof 5630 led's

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16ft-Cool-White-5630-Super-Bright-Waterproof-LED-Strip-Light-DC12V-5A-W-3M-Tape/223129042754?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

and then picked up a standard hood pin from the local Stereo / Alarm shop

wired it up with a fuse to the battery and used the hood pin as the ground, there is already a hole in the fender near the battery to install the hood pin

i did use some scotch ultra double sided tape for the led's strip because the tape it comes with is cheap garbage

under the top lip edge of the firewall area it is flat all the way across the engine bay, I used a baby wipe and cleaned the surface before sticking light strip on

did the same thing to my Yukon a while back, GM used to put a light under the hood they even had one that had a small extension cord so you could grab it and look around with it, but there cheap bastards now, lol

hoodpin.jpg

hoodpin1.jpg

hoodpin2.jpg

you should mount a set of these to the bed of the truck , https://www.amazon.com/Beatto-Controll-Dacning-Chasing-Antenna/dp/B07VHHTN9N/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=offroad+whip+led+light&qid=1572753667&sr=8-5

1 hour ago, flyingfool said:

if it was setup for running in the sand hell ya, we had lighted whip antenna's on the dune buggy's & jeeps way back in the 70's

On 8/7/2018 at 5:49 AM, CajunFries said:

a214c2e5b83896c4bdc50c8ea71f0898.jpg

Gonna try to make the bracket at work one of these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you gotten anywhere with this? the factory led's are almost useless

25 minutes ago, CajunFries said:

Nope. But Baja design got something for it now!

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Chevy-Silverado-16-18-Fog-Pocket-Kits.asp

ya, I saw that $500+ and on permanent backorder, all I need is a bracket and I can make some other lights work for way less cost, it's ridiculous to make a product that has a market but then price yourself out of the market, if they cut the price in half they could still make money and sell more of them.  I might take one of these oem lights out and have someone with a 3d printer take some measurements and make some brackets, or a machine shop, doesn't seem to be anyone selling any alternatives. But i'm still looking around at this point, thanks for responding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WSFD6107 said:

Added this little gem to my Driver’s front tire last night. Un-pluggable, so I had to order a new tire from Discount Tire. Appointment made for Thursday. C3D1C48E-B1FB-4917-8969-BE5D1E42E0CC.thumb.jpeg.5f82bac69d20d4f2c02aadddafbfbf70.jpeg

You must make more money than I. I wouldn’t think twice to install a combo patch plug in that and run her until bald!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

You must make more money than I. I wouldn’t think twice to install a combo patch plug in that and run her until bald!

Did that on my last set of tires on my jeep. Had 3 patches put in from big o, ran it for 20K more miles XD
  • Like 1

ya, I saw that $500+ and on permanent backorder, all I need is a bracket and I can make some other lights work for way less cost, it's ridiculous to make a product that has a market but then price yourself out of the market, if they cut the price in half they could still make money and sell more of them.  I might take one of these oem lights out and have someone with a 3d printer take some measurements and make some brackets, or a machine shop, doesn't seem to be anyone selling any alternatives. But i'm still looking around at this point, thanks for responding.

If you figure something out, please let us know. Looking for the same that’s not $600 with tax