What have you done to your K2 today?

Haha ok ok! 

It requires cutting of the shutters so the brackets can clear. Honestly nothing more than a basic 1/8” aluminum L bracket using existing factory hardware (top left & right bolts) that hold the shutter system in place. 

Bent the brackets to length, shaved outer plastic frame of shutter system to fit the brackets. Be 100% the louvers will clear the light bar or a CEL will come on. 

I paid a buddy to do this- it wasn’t pretty doing it, but the end result was worth it. 

Will try for close up pics later. 

14 hours ago, Dirt-Rado said:

Haha ok ok! 

It requires cutting of the shutters so the brackets can clear. Honestly nothing more than a basic 1/8” aluminum L bracket using existing factory hardware (top left & right bolts) that hold the shutter system in place. 

Bent the brackets to length, shaved outer plastic frame of shutter system to fit the brackets. Be 100% the louvers will clear the light bar or a CEL will come on. 

I paid a buddy to do this- it wasn’t pretty doing it, but the end result was worth it. 

Will try for close up pics later. 

Please do! Would love to see some pictures!

• Like 1

Finished installing the katzkin leather. Started raining so I'll put the back seats in later this week. Took me about 12 hours between 3 days. Glad it's over lol. Not hard to do, just time consuming. 

IMG_20180708_201700.jpg

• Like 3

Time for new brakes. Installing Powerstop Z36c9a5b45a0d9cdacb3409ef1c4e82b2e3.jpg65de582bb679704cae0e6f72a78d38e5.jpge86f090189dde4e6622b75984c64504a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Alot less rust more red.6d5d40bc8987e049f5a8f0bb5bf54f7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jakenbake18 said:

Finished installing the katzkin leather. Started raining so I'll put the back seats in later this week. Took me about 12 hours between 3 days. Glad it's over lol. Not hard to do, just time consuming. 

IMG_20180708_201700.jpg

This looks great. Completely transforms the interior. Every time I see the katzkin covers installed they always look loose and wrinkled, especially by the upright bolsters that are between your shoulder and elbow. Do those wrinkles eventually go away or that's just something you gotta deal with?

1 minute ago, ChristopherDB said:

This looks great. Completely transforms the interior. Every time I see the katzkin covers installed they always look loose and wrinkled, especially by the upright bolsters that are between your shoulder and elbow. Do those wrinkles eventually go away or that's just something you gotta deal with?

They go away with heat. A guy at my work installed some last month and they tightend up. I live in Florida so it shouldn't take to long. I could have steamed them but was to tired to do it. 

1 minute ago, Jakenbake18 said:

They go away with heat. A guy at my work installed some last month and they tightend up. I live in Florida so it shouldn't take to long. I could have steamed them but was to tired to do it. 

That's good to know. I'm in Florida as well. Every time I've seen katzkin done at the dealer it's always a few minutes after it's been done, so I guess sitting a few days in the sun would help.

IMG_20180708_201700.thumb.jpg.9a63cea836ba1738d40023db2254901a.jpg

How much did those run you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Jakenbake18 said:

Ebay has them for 550. They had a 15% coupon last week so I got them for 465.

Was that for front and back or fronts only? I keep seeing these and think I would like to upgrade my truck also.