What have you done to your K2 today?

11 hours ago, Stockredsierra said:

9 hour detail session on the truck. Interior vacuumed, leather conditioned, floor liners cleaned, engine bay detailed, foam bath, hand dry, full clay bar, and extreme depth carnauba wax + x seal, windows cleaned and topped off with extreme wheel shine.

Your truck looks great and mine looks dirty. Good job. It must not be too hot in Massachusetts. Not sure I could spend 9 hours on my truck this time of year in East Tennessee. In the 90's and humidity makes it feel above 100. I spent about 5 hours in the pool if that counts for anything. 

• Like 3

@Stockredsierra Man that truck looks great. Love the color bro and great job on the detail.

@Waterfowler41 Are you going to paint the chrome surrounding as well or planning on keeping that?

@Eddie 70 My thoughts exactly man. I'm one state north and after a early morning range trip it started to get brutally hot out there. No way I could detail my truck today. I don't even know how you can unless you have some sort of overhead coverage as the sun has got to be baking  the water on. Every time I've tried mine in any sort of sun/heat I get crazy water spots.

• Like 2

Had my front valance off for a while and was really happy with it but still wanted it to be even at the bottom, so I cut the bottom of the valance off and reinstalled it. Got the idea from Swirvn

B4F6961E-DE60-4C77-A758-2855E81D9839.jpeg

AC002C5E-2B4B-42A0-BCD2-8CDAE868993B.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Mikeb52r said:

Had my front valance off for a while and was really happy with it but still wanted it to be even at the bottom, so I cut the bottom of the valance off and reinstalled it. Got the idea from Swirvn

B4F6961E-DE60-4C77-A758-2855E81D9839.jpeg

AC002C5E-2B4B-42A0-BCD2-8CDAE868993B.jpeg

Hey fellow Charlestonian! I took mine off today and like you find it weird, mind assisting in the cutting of mine?

15 hours ago, Eddie 70 said:

Your truck looks great and mine looks dirty. Good job. It must not be too hot in Massachusetts. Not sure I could spend 9 hours on my truck this time of year in East Tennessee. In the 90's and humidity makes it feel above 100. I spent about 5 hours in the pool if that counts for anything. 

Thank you! That day was mid 70's. Perfect day for a good cleaning. You won't catch me outside doing anything with my truck past 80 degrees. Lucky for me the beach is in walking distance. 

13 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

@Stockredsierra Man that truck looks great. Love the color bro and great job on the detail.

Thank you!

• Like 1

finally had time over the weekend for a few things....

- gave the truck a bath

- replaced the cabin air filter.  i last did that when i bought the truck - two years ago (only 16,000 kms and it was still pretty dirty)

- added the dee-zee tailgate assist.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Hey fellow Charlestonian! I took mine off today and like you find it weird, mind assisting in the cutting of mine?

Sure, we can try to meet up and work on it one weekend. Shoot me a message if you want.

• Thanks 1

Decided to wash the truck and try out the Mothers clay bar kit I bought a while ago. I've never used a clay bar before and I was surprised how easy it was. However, do to Murphy gaming around I couldn't finish because of a flash down pouring of rain.

Only have a bedside and one door to go. Can't believe how much junk I got out of the paint. Got rid of hundreds of little orange rust spots.

She's looking pretty good for a 2015 construction work truck.

( Don't make fun of my little tires, still trying to decide on a set of 17's and 18's) 20180716_195538.thumb.jpeg.519fc474ed129f0143614ee6c062eb9e.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

11 hours ago, michigan2500hd said:

( Don't make fun of my little tires, still trying to decide on a set of 17's and 18's)

Truck looks good stock, imo.  It wasn't that long ago this would have been considered a large wheel!

9 hours ago, Donstar said:

Truck looks good stock, imo.  It wasn't that long ago this would have been considered a large wheel!

That is a stock size, 255/70/17 , however the truck came with 275/55/20 so they look kinda small to me now. Especially considering I had installed 275/60/20's that were 33.1" tall. 

I'll go to another 33 on these wheels ( 17") and probably keep a stock 265/65/18 on my 18" wheels for trips, winter ,etc. I'm loving my mileage now though. It's nice if I'm empty to get over 20 mpg. Even with a 6.2. Usually about 22 mpg on a semi flat and low stop trip. 

The more I drive with the smaller tires the more I like them. I had a shake with the 20's so I traded for 17's for more side wall and almost 40# lighter per wheel/ tire. 

Edited by michigan2500hd