Hello there,

I bought a GMC Sierra 2012. And I would like to change the stereo, my question is what is the biggest size I can fit in my Sierra dash if I'm replacing OEM stereo?

Best of luck,

Al

* Picture attached from google images, http://images.newcars.com/images/car-pictures/original/2012-GMC-Sierra-3500HD-Truck-Work-Truck-4x2-Regular-Cab-133.7-in.-WB-SRW-Interior-Stereo-Controls.png

post-128416-0-01215100-1393481201_thumb.png

A few people here have the OGM-1 Navigation unit installed. It comes with all the interface features built in, no adapters needed to retain all factory features. It has 7 inch touchscreen. Unit looks very similar to factory nav headunit.

A few people here have the OGM-1 Navigation unit installed. It comes with all the interface features built in, no adapters needed to retain all factory features. It has 7 inch touchscreen. Unit looks very similar to factory nav headunit.

These trucks will take a double Din without modification

Thank you very much guys for your responses, so does that mean the biggest size I can fit is 7"?

Thank you very much guys for your responses, so does that mean the biggest size I can fit is 7"?

If you take a tape measure and go corner to corner on the factory radio you have, you will get the max size screen that can fit the opening. I would go measure mine, but it is bloody cold here today, with a good strong wind. The advent OGM-1 screen fills the area quite well. I may have about half inch at top and bottom, same on each side. Hard to get touch screen to fill the opening entirely, there must be room at all 4 sides to allow for physical buttons and switches. Having all soft switches and buttons leaves no room for those times when a hard switch or knob is required to be used.

If you take a tape measure and go corner to corner on the factory radio you have, you will get the max size screen that can fit the opening. I would go measure mine, but it is bloody cold here today, with a good strong wind. The advent OGM-1 screen fills the area quite well. I may have about half inch at top and bottom, same on each side. Hard to get touch screen to fill the opening entirely, there must be room at all 4 sides to allow for physical buttons and switches. Having all soft switches and buttons leaves no room for those times when a hard switch or knob is required to be used.

That's very clear and helpful, thank you very much and I really appreciate your response.

Archived