Seat memory issue on LTZ

The seat return memory is bugging me. When I turn off the ignition and open the door the seat goes back.

Do I have to lock and unlock the door to get the seat to return? Also when I do this, the seat returns to it's memory position before I get in, making it a pain to get in the seat.

My brother Ford 150 seat doesn't return until he puts the key in the ignition. Is my seat messed up or is this how it is suppose to work?

OP, I don't use this option, but your comments made me curious. I had a Lincoln that operated as you describe where the seat moved back when door was opened to exit and returned to driving position when key was inserted to start the car. According to the Silverado Owner Manual page 3-7 and 3-8, there are two settings at play here: Auto Memory Recall and Easy Exit Recall. If you have both options set on automatic in the personalization menu it will automatically move to exit position when the door is opened and move back into driving position when you press unlock and open the door on the remote. If the seat is in exit mode, you can move it back into driving position by manually hitting the memory 1 or 2 button...there does not seem to be a setting that concides with the key to move the seat into driving position. There are other conditions pointed out in pages 3-7 and 3-8 and in the personalization section of the manual...

Personally, I don't like this feature, but thought this might help you.

I thought you can setup the memory recall to return to the position with ignition..

Amiodynski, I will that were true. I know that is how the Ford works.

Chuck, thanks for the comments. I have the easy exit enabled and memory recall disabled. I have to hold the recall position 1 or 2 button in until the seat moves forward fully, I could live with just a push of the button; but holding the button in is a pain.

Should not have to hold the button, only need to press it once to get the truck to set all of the setting to the memory stored for that position.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim, I thought that was how my seats worked at first too but I was just holding the button down too long. To get the seats to recall to memory you have to press and release the button fairly quickly or else it just goes to where you release the button. Hopefully this helps.

If you are the only driver of the truck you could have the 'auto recall' associated with the fob you normally use recall the seat to the position you want it to be in when you get in. You would then push the other button to 'manually' have it move to the position you want to 'drive' in.

Not totally what you want, but possibly a workaround.

Of course if someone else wants/needs to use the 2nd memory position then this won't work.

Archived