07 Tundra Owner - Why I Didnt Buy the 2015 Silverado

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever. Defend the import junk all you want.

Sorry you feel this way. Import junk is part of life and without it we'd all be in trouble.

Does the 5.7 still make the 5.3 feel weak?

It was hard to tell because of the transmission in the Silverado. When I gas my Tundra, it instantly moves. When I gas the Silverado, it pauses, wonders what Im doing, looks around, then says "oh yeah, move forward."

No offense but any objective evaluation would put the Tundra dead last. It was a great truck in 2008, but now it's simply outdated.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2015-chevrolet-silverado-vs-2015-ford-f-150-2015-ram-1500-2014-toyota-tundra-comparison-test

The rust you are talking about is cosmetic. Toyota has had to replace frames on 2 generations of the Tacoma and on some of the Tundra's. I would've bought a Tundra if it hadn't been so outdated when I was shopping. I had an '09 Tacoma when I was between full size trucks and it was nice, until a drunk driver tried to kill me in it. I will say Toyota seems to stand behind their vehicles, problems and all better than GM

No offense but any objective evaluation would put the Tundra dead last. It was a great truck in 2008, but now it's simply outdated.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2015-chevrolet-silverado-vs-2015-ford-f-150-2015-ram-1500-2014-toyota-tundra-comparison-test

The rust you are talking about is cosmetic. Toyota has had to replace frames on 2 generations of the Tacoma and on some of the Tundra's. I would've bought a Tundra if it hadn't been so outdated when I was shopping. I had an '09 Tacoma when I was between full size trucks and it was nice, until a drunk driver tried to kill me in it. I will say Toyota seems to stand behind their vehicles, problems and all better than GM

I'm surprised to find out that the tundra was ranked last for second row space, the back seats in the new tundras have a massive amount of space. Also in that comparison the tundra they tested was 7-10k less than the competitors. So I guess you get what you pay for.

A few years ago I was all over American trucks.

I bought a brand new one in 2013.

But the only reason why I'm still driving it is that no German car manufacture offers a full size truck with a V8.

so long

j-ten-ner

Just buy a G Wagen

I think any brand will have issues here and there, but I don't have any rust or any problems with my truck for that matter. I would pick my Chevy again if I was truck shopping. I couldn't be happier with it.

Op, you're going to read negative stuff on a forum. That's where people come to hitch about problems, but a lot of the good stuff isn't always mentioned. Basically the negative stuff you read on here probably affects 1% of the trucks out there.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Really? lol

Still don't know what a G-Wagen has in common with a full size truck.

so long

j-ten-ner

I dunno man, ur ? was pretty vague tho

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Archived