2015 Silverado LT Vibration/Shaking

Reading through this thread is making me sick to my stomach.

I just purchased a 2016 Silverado 4x4 (4.3L) and with only 700 miles on it it is now shaking on the highway from 65-80 mph. I took it in the other day and they replaced the front right tire and said the downforce and psi something or other was wrong/bad. Well, a day without my truck and a new tire and now the thing shakes more than it did before!

I haven't even made my first payment on it yet!!

Contact the manufacture by phone and send a registered letter! Ask them to contact your dealer, and that your new truck is there awaiting a solution as it shakes bad! Do not except it back until it is fixed. Do not go home with it, they will tell you to drive it for a while while they work with you....don't.

This is a known problem gm is aware of.

Know your rights.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, day four with my truck still in the shop. They changes tires (just three), changed the driveshaft and it's still has a vibration 60-80mph. They said they have GM's engineers involved now. I'm getting pissed to say the least. Haven't even made my first payment yet!

I did call GM directly and they sent my case to the district manager who denied my request for a buy back. He said they're working with the dealership to get this vibration issue resolved.

What a huge pain in my a$$!

• Like 1

They gave me a Malibu as a loaner.

They just called me and told me that the "GM Engineer" is there today looking at it.

I'm not even sure what to do about the lemon law. I've called a couple attorneys and haven't even received a call back :-/

Well now they called back and said that their "Engineer' has requested to try some steering bushing as that has been a fix in the past...but they won't have the parts this week and I more than likely won't have my truck back until weds or thurs of next week. In the meantime they've been driving it and putting miles on it.

I'm at a loss. He insists that I have to give them an opportunity to fix it but at the same time they're wrenching on a brand new truck annnnd racking up miles on it. I'm calm on the phone but my patience is running out.

Had the steering bushings replaced on my truck about a month ago. I wish I could instill confidence but it didn't work. My steering wheel center console and seats still shakes at 73-77 MPH. Try and and get a buy back or vehicle swap, better yet and go buy a Toyota(they never die) or (I hate to say it) ford....

• 2 weeks later...

GM doesn't care, they actually admitted that I have drive line vibration and said they wouldn't do anything. I told them that I researched it, and know it's a big problem they are having, and if they didn't continue trying to fix my truck that I would file complaints and if necessary a suit.... they refused to work on my truck, so I have spoken with a law firm and we are starting a class action lawsuit. PM me your name, email, and phone if you want to be added to the list of contacts I send to the attorneys

What's the status of this?

Guess I will add my truck to the list, sadly. Picked up a new 2017 crew cab, short bed LT Z71 last Saturday, could only test drive to 60mph and that was pushing it bad in that area. I hit interstate yesterday and the shakes start around 65 mph and by 70-72 it's BAD. I called the dealer, largest volume dealer in TN and the guy said to bring it in after I got 500 miles on it but he's never seen one truck with my problem, hard to believe. I go this Sat and already requested a loaner until mine is fixed, my dealer is an hour away so it's a pain.

Guess I will add my truck to the list, sadly. Picked up a new 2017 crew cab, short bed LT Z71 last Saturday, could only test drive to 60mph and that was pushing it bad in that area. I hit interstate yesterday and the shakes start around 65 mph and by 70-72 it's BAD. I called the dealer, largest volume dealer in TN and the guy said to bring it in after I got 500 miles on it but he's never seen one truck with my problem, hard to believe. I go this Sat and already requested a loaner until mine is fixed, my dealer is an hour away so it's a pain.

I know what dealer you are talking about and they have seen the problem because my truck was in there for the same problem. They re-balanced and rotated the tires and sent me on my way. You also don't have to go to your dealer to get it worked on, you can take it any place you want. The selling dealer or any other dealer don't give a crap where you bought your vehicle. Don't know where you are at in SWVA but there are a 4 or 5 others you can go to that is closer.

I know what dealer you are talking about and they have seen the problem because my truck was in there for the same problem. They re-balanced and rotated the tires and sent me on my way. You also don't have to go to your dealer to get it worked on, you can take it any place you want. The selling dealer or any other dealer don't give a crap where you bought your vehicle. Don't know where you are at in SWVA but there are a 4 or 5 others you can go to that is closer.

I'm in the Abingdon, Va area. Did you get a resolution to your problem? Is there a dealer you recommend in my area over Champion? Thanks for the info.

if anyone has the vibration issue, we are now making a list of the last 6 of all vins affected. please send me your name, email, phone, location, truck specs, and last 6 of vin

Just now saw this. Can you tell me where you are at in the process. I will be glad to send you my Vin# if it is moving forward.
  • Like 1

I'm in the Abingdon, Va area. Did you get a resolution to your problem? Is there a dealer you recommend in my area over Champion? Thanks for the info.

I bought mine in Castlewood VA but had both the Johnson City dealer and Bristol dealer look at it. The re-balancing of the tires cured alot of my shakes (not all of them) so I left it at that, didn't want the dealership to start throwing parts at it without knowing what they were doing. This was 2.5 years ago for me.

• Like 1

Update on my truck:

As I mentioned above, they had it for a few weeks. I got it back and to my surprise it does not vibrate/shake anymore on the highway (65-80 mph). They replaced the tires, some body mounts, driveshaft, U joints, and steering bushings. However, I've been driving it now for a few days and now it shakes at 45 mph! I haven't even called them to tell them yet because I want to keep my cool.

They did treat me well (only after I told them I researched this vibration problem online and called GM directly). For my inconvenience they installed a bed liner, a tonneau cover, and paid one months payment for me. Now I have to make the dreaded call and tell them that it's still vibrating. I've been driving loaner cars more than my new truck. I wish they would just buy it back at this point. Now it's always going to be in the back of my head. Every little vibration will be magnified 1,000 times because I'm almost expecting it. The bed liner, cover and payment was a nice gesture...I'll give them that. :-/

• 4 years later...
On 7/13/2015 at 11:25 AM, 14silverado4.3 said:

A small vibration may be experienced through sweeping turns at highway speeds on some 2015 Colorado and Canyon models. The vibration goes away once the roadway straightens out.

This condition is called Smooth Road Shake. The Power Steering Control Module (PSCM) has a calibration to lessen the effects of Smooth Road Shake. However, the calibration is inhibited when the steering wheel is turned beyond a certain degree, at which point the vibration may be felt in the vehicle.

Do not replace any parts for this condition. A revised calibration is available that increases the amount of degrees from center that the steering wheel can be turned before inhibiting the Smooth Road Shake correction. Program the Power Steering Control Module with the latest calibration available in TIS2Web and verify the repair.

If a vibration still exists after the Power Steering Control Module calibration has been updated, continue with the appropriate vibration diagnostics in the Service Information

ALL OF YOU ARE BEING LIED TO ! 
2015 multiple dealers visits - unresolved 

2016 same - no fix

2017 same - no fix

2018 same- no fix

2019 same - no fix ( same poor excuses I have been hearing and reading on these forums since purchased)

2020 same - no fix

2021 so much worse and no fix and no clue, still the same crap on forums and GM will deny until you switch to a different product, very disappointed to want a quality GM product that has haunted me for so many years, good luck but FYI they will not fix if it comes out of their pocket and can’t anyway