2015 Silverado LT Vibration/Shaking

I have the same vibe but from 70-80. Have you noticed the vibe to be much worse during colder weather? Where I'm at the temp swings 35 degrees from when I go to work to when I come home, vibration is less severe in the afternoon .

Not particularly for me, I've had it shake just as bad on the hottest days after 40 miles of driving just like it did in the spring.

This is the vibe on my 2014 Silverado 5.3. You don't want this. Trust me, it's to the point where it's making me car sick it shakes so much. They've torn apart my truck and it seems every week it gets progressively worse.

• Like 1

I have a 2015 Sierra Denali 4WD 6.2L 8-Speed. Someone had commented on the "pebble road" feel of vibration. That is what I'm experiencing and it is predominently at low speeds. At 55mph and up it seems to clean up, but I have a feeling after a few more miles - I only have 320, that I'll develop the 70mph ish vibe that most people have. At purchasing I told them about the vibration and they said 'flat spots on tires - these goodyears are crap and when they sit for long periods of time they develop flat spots. just drive it a couple hundred miles." Uh, no. This is a $58k with magical MAGNERIDE...it should ride at least better than my 2006 Sierra Denali I just traded in. So, they did road force balance and discover one tire was out of spec. I gave them the GM updates for the transmission relearn and TCC issued for the 8 speeds, which they also did. I drove it and it's a little better, but I think only due to the out of spec tire replaced and recent rebalance of the remaining tires. I drove other exact spec truck - they too had the vibration. again, it's riding down a perfectly smooth asphalt road but rides like its gravel. I even tried a 6.2L 8 speed without magneride - a little less pronounced but still there. The service manager and my sales manager were very helpful and understanding, I must say. They acknowledged the issue, and they put a pico gauge vibration monitor on it while driving but it "is within GM specs" therefore it's 'OK'. hmmm, well if it can be detected as vibration by a human body or shaking bottle of water then obviously your tolerances are set incorrectly...or maybe to the convenience of GM. Like I said, my dealership is being great at this point. what I don't understand are all the rave reviews about these trucks when they ride rougher than my '97 chevy truck. I will most likely pursue the rear differential ring teeth being out of spec as that is what I've read as being the only true cure for people. My lesson? never buy a new model year again. my last was a 2006 and they had all the bugs worked out by then. Not one problem in 91k miles.

I have a 2015 Sierra Denali 4WD 6.2L 8-Speed. Someone had commented on the "pebble road" feel of vibration. That is what I'm experiencing and it is predominently at low speeds. At 55mph and up it seems to clean up, but I have a feeling after a few more miles - I only have 320, that I'll develop the 70mph ish vibe that most people have. At purchasing I told them about the vibration and they said 'flat spots on tires - these goodyears are crap and when they sit for long periods of time they develop flat spots. just drive it a couple hundred miles." Uh, no. This is a $58k with magical MAGNERIDE...it should ride at least better than my 2006 Sierra Denali I just traded in. So, they did road force balance and discover one tire was out of spec. I gave them the GM updates for the transmission relearn and TCC issued for the 8 speeds, which they also did. I drove it and it's a little better, but I think only due to the out of spec tire replaced and recent rebalance of the remaining tires. I drove other exact spec truck - they too had the vibration. again, it's riding down a perfectly smooth asphalt road but rides like its gravel. I even tried a 6.2L 8 speed without magneride - a little less pronounced but still there. The service manager and my sales manager were very helpful and understanding, I must say. They acknowledged the issue, and they put a pico gauge vibration monitor on it while driving but it "is within GM specs" therefore it's 'OK'. hmmm, well if it can be detected as vibration by a human body or shaking bottle of water then obviously your tolerances are set incorrectly...or maybe to the convenience of GM. Like I said, my dealership is being great at this point. what I don't understand are all the rave reviews about these trucks when they ride rougher than my '97 chevy truck. I will most likely pursue the rear differential ring teeth being out of spec as that is what I've read as being the only true cure for people. My lesson? never buy a new model year again. my last was a 2006 and they had all the bugs worked out by then. Not one problem in 91k miles.

In our search for our replacement truck, we have driven 4 2015 Sierras, all of which had a mild vibration, two worse than the other two. The Sales manager admitted to us that some have smoothed out after 500 miles (I've talked to some people who have had it happen) and they've had quite a few come back with the problem and they've managed to fix "most" of them. Most. Now he also disclosed to me there was a Denali owner with which things got VERY heated with and he wanted to bring the truck back. The dealership paid for a set of Michelins out of their own pocket and problem solved. As the owner of a truck that they have replaced a bunch of tires, rebuilt the differential, replaced the drive shaft and loosened and tightened a bunch of stuff, don't let them tear apart your truck too much, because I'm pretty sure in my case it made things 10x worse. Good luck to you!

Edited by Bdkfl

You may have read about my truck shaking with new Michelins. Contacted Chevy Service MGR today and was advised to have tires Road Forced or Indexed .He also mentioned due to insurance Shop can only test them to 70 mph speed limit. Will be waiting for Tire Wheel Shop to open 7:00 A.M

2015 GMS 1500 4X4 Z71 - same vibration!!!!!!! brand new truck with 19 miles. I believe the tires are the main problem, going to ask dealer to change to Michelins, I'm sure they will try and make me pay the difference but we'll see. Bought a set of goodyears for my last truck and 4 out of 6 were so f&$ked they could not balance them.

also I have a friend of a friend thing that just started the lemon law with there 1500. not looking good for me fixing this vibration.

2015 GMS 1500 4X4 Z71 - same vibration!!!!!!! brand new truck with 19 miles. I believe the tires are the main problem, going to ask dealer to change to Michelins, I'm sure they will try and make me pay the difference but we'll see. Bought a set of goodyears for my last truck and 4 out of 6 were so f&$ked they could not balance them.

also I have a friend of a friend thing that just started the lemon law with there 1500. not looking good for me fixing this vibration.

All four Road Forced and balance with no more shake 70-85 mph. :thumbs: All of you being given the run around start making complaints on every social media you can ,BBB and contact GM HQ. My Boss was considering a new truck and knew nothing about the shaking vibration issues.

GM doesn't care, they actually admitted that I have drive line vibration and said they wouldn't do anything. I told them that I researched it, and know it's a big problem they are having, and if they didn't continue trying to fix my truck that I would file complaints and if necessary a suit.... they refused to work on my truck, so I have spoken with a law firm and we are starting a class action lawsuit. PM me your name, email, and phone if you want to be added to the list of contacts I send to the attorneys

I have the same vibe but from 70-80. Have you noticed the vibe to be much worse during colder weather? Where I'm at the temp swings 35 degrees from when I go to work to when I come home, vibration is less severe in the afternoon .

yes, the AFM is directly related to the engine, however the Vibes I have are steering wheel, pedals, floor, seats.... basically the entire truck, I have done the water bottle test, and the vibe is just like most trucks.

May have bought a set of B grade tires sold by low price shops and big box stores. 100% grade are sent to the manufacturers distributor and covered by warranty. Have tires Road Force Balance before switching and new Michelins may need to be RF like mine

May have bought a set of B grade tires sold by low price shops and big box stores. 100% grade are sent to the manufacturers distributor and covered by warranty. Have tires Road Force Balance before switching and new Michelins may need to be RF like mine

They had to order 4 to get 2 straight ones for us. The multiple dealers have also confirmed to me that they have issues with new tires. They are not happy with Goodyear. I know this for a fact.

They had to order 4 to get 2 straight ones for us. The multiple dealers have also confirmed to me that they have issues with new tires. They are not happy with Goodyear. I know this for a fact.

When I had the flat spotted tire replaced Tire Shop Mgr :dunno: in a low voice said they have had issues with Michelin .I've been delivering to wholesale distributors for years and tires are crammed tight inside trailers and containers.

• 2 weeks later...

More and more people are signing on to my class action suit re: vibration issues. The lawfirm I have been working with has been investigating it with their experts and top level partners for about the last month. I should be hearing their findings and decision soon, if anyone would like to be added to the list, PM me your name, phone number, email, what truck, and your location (city & state). it doesn't matter matter if you've already gotten rid of your truck, we may (I can't say for sure, that will be up to the attorneys) still be able to get compensation if you took a loss trading it.

Jesse

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/176713-gm-vibration-radio-transmission-class-action-law-suit/?p=1675011

Incase anyone is interested, I have created a new thread completely dedicated to the Class Action Lawsuit the link is above. I will be posting updates there.

Jesse D.

• 3 weeks later...

-----UPDATE-----

Ok, so these attorneys seem to be like contractors in their ability to return calls..... They don't, that is not something that I am ok with. I will be contacting a new attorney tomorrow to discuss this with him, This attorney was recommended to me by another attorney I have, I checked him out and he does appear to be good. In addition, I would like to pass along a tip I got from a lemon law attorney:

If you don't have a minimum of 3 repair attempts, don't file any claim (breach of warranty, lemon law etc.). GM will drag it out until you are out of warranty and ready to get rid of the truck. Go to your dealer and say that it has gotten worse, if it has been a certain time period of time or miles since your last visit (I don't know how long exactly) they will be obligated to check it out and you can get another documented attempt. If you attempt to file prior to having 3 documented attempts you will essentially be black balled from all GM dealers and basically never get anything done.

They also said that they are seeing more and more people who are unable to get a third repair attempt because GM is refusing. they said they have seen this before, and it is done when they don't have a diagnosis yet. SO BE AWARE, fight for yourself.

Another thing we discussed was filing other claims in small claims court, GM is legally not allowed to send attorneys there, so they have to send a rep. This way you could get a dialogue going about all of the issues and see if you can get something done out of court, as GM will NOT want to fight you in court especially with out their attorney. To do this, you would send a 30 day demand letter under chapter 93A (Massachusetts, likely different in other states) citing the costs to fix the issues, why they are liable, proof theyy are liable, under what laws/ statutes they are in violation of etc. A chapter 93A allows the plaintiff to file for double or treble (triple) damage. ie: say you paid for th upgraded all terrain tires but didn't get them, the proper tires, Bridgestone Deuller A/T RH-s will cost you lets say 1200. your claim is filed in the amount of 3600 but you offer to settle for 2600. you do this for any and all issues in a separate suit and it totals to a lot of money and opens a way for you to get a dialogue going with GM about fixing the truck.

I'm going to call another dealer tomorrow to try to get my truck in. My vibration has gotten worse especially around 43 - 54 MPH. definitely not happy with GM, but we shall see.

Good Luck Everyone