2015 Silverado LT Vibration/Shaking

My 2011 LTZ 5.3 just started doing it two months ago at 34,000 miles. I put new Michelins on it in late spring and the vibrations started a couple months later. I've been back to Belle Tire twice for rebalancing including road force balancing....no change in vibration. Sometimes it starts at 68 mph, but it always does it at 74 mph and up.

I took it to the dealer two days ago and they claim they cannot duplicate it, and have not heard of the issue yet! And of course they were not able to smell the odor of burning antifreeze at startup or the ticking at cold start either. These guys are just totally blowing me off. I spoke to a salesperson outside and he admitted that GM is aware of the problem and does not have a fix. I told him I will be switching to a Ford or Dodge....this is total BS.

Unfortunately I found the ultimate solution to be my new Ram Laramie Longhorn and I love it. Sorry guys, but this just seems to be a downhill slide and GM has more money and connections to fight us than we have resources. The ultimate slap in the face was when my dealer told me they could not duplicate the condition. Screw them, I'm done with them. After fighting brake problems since it was new that still persist I refuse to deal with them in the future and told them that on their questionnaire...and exactly why.

Hopefully that will add to the burn pile of documents that will ultimately help the rest of you. Life is too short to spend it running back and forth to car dealers all the time.

Unfortunately I found the ultimate solution to be my new Ram Laramie Longhorn and I love it. Sorry guys, but this just seems to be a downhill slide and GM has more money and connections to fight us than we have resources. The ultimate slap in the face was when my dealer told me they could not duplicate the condition. Screw them, I'm done with them. After fighting brake problems since it was new that still persist I refuse to deal with them in the future and told them that on their questionnaire...and exactly why.

Hopefully that will add to the burn pile of documents that will ultimately help the rest of you. Life is too short to spend it running back and forth to car dealers all the time.

I hear ya, there was some information confirmed on the other vibration thread that the trucks will never be fixed. I heard it from some attorneys that I was looking to have take the class action case, but it was confidential and I couldn't release what it was. it was now confirmed by another person with the addition that GM is never going to fix it because it will cost too much to redo all of the crash testing, and government testing stuff, plus they would have to issue a recall to perform the work on over a million trucks. I'm going to start talking to a few attorneys again to see if I can get someone to help everyone through a class action, and I'm going to try to file a lemon law on steroids case lol. GM has just lost a customer for life.

That sucks. I had a similar issue with my 2004 quadrasteer GMC. It would default to 2 wheel steering while driving with no advance warning until it happened and the light would flash on the instrument panel. GM promised me a software update so I never pursued it under the lemon law (must be done within one year after 3 incidents). So by the time I got pissed off about it enough the one year had passed and I had no standing on which to make a lemon law complaint.

Needless to say....they never did come out with the software fix and never even contacted me on the issue. I should have learned my lesson then but I bought the 2011 instead when the bottom of the doors rusted out. I talked to a salesman two weeks ago who even admitted that his 2015 LTE shook his pepsi into a fizz at 80. He said GM is aware of the problem and does not even know what to do about it, or refuses to do anything about it. I just can't believe they even have their service staff involved in the scam of denying that the problem exists. After embarrassingly telling all my GM friends about my switch to Ram every one of them has told me their other friends all voiced the same opinion about GM customer care and have switched to Rams! That was a shocker. I though at least some of them would have jumped ship to Ford but they are not offering the incentives that Ram is. In this town everybody knows someone at each of the big 3 to get employee/friends discounts. The GM name is getting to be toast around Detroit. Trucks are big around here due to the winter weather and the size of the potholes that they will ride over without suffering rim damage.

That sucks. I had a similar issue with my 2004 quadrasteer GMC. It would default to 2 wheel steering while driving with no advance warning until it happened and the light would flash on the instrument panel. GM promised me a software update so I never pursued it under the lemon law (must be done within one year after 3 incidents). So by the time I got pissed off about it enough the one year had passed and I had no standing on which to make a lemon law complaint.

Needless to say....they never did come out with the software fix and never even contacted me on the issue. I should have learned my lesson then but I bought the 2011 instead when the bottom of the doors rusted out. I talked to a salesman two weeks ago who even admitted that his 2015 LTE shook his pepsi into a fizz at 80. He said GM is aware of the problem and does not even know what to do about it, or refuses to do anything about it. I just can't believe they even have their service staff involved in the scam of denying that the problem exists. After embarrassingly telling all my GM friends about my switch to Ram every one of them has told me their other friends all voiced the same opinion about GM customer care and have switched to Rams! That was a shocker. I though at least some of them would have jumped ship to Ford but they are not offering the incentives that Ram is. In this town everybody knows someone at each of the big 3 to get employee/friends discounts. The GM name is getting to be toast around Detroit. Trucks are big around here due to the winter weather and the size of the potholes that they will ride over without suffering rim damage.

Kinda like out here in Mass, I'm going to hold off filing the lemon lawn for another month because I'm currently getting paid to use my personal vehicle for work. Thats going to end in Mid December so I'm going to rack up the mileage on this, get paid for it, then dump this POS truck.

1. 2015 Silverado Double Cab 4x4 750 miles - Vibration in steering wheel starts at about 48MPH.

Tires were balanced 10-2-15 and vibration has not gone away.

I have read a lot of the complaints on several sites and seems no one had found a cure for these vibration issues.

Has anyone had the electric steering system checked out? My truck is going back tomorrow 10-6-15 and I will mention it to the service manager and mechanic to see what they think.

I'll re-post after tomorrow's visit.

• Like 1

1. 2015 Silverado Double Cab 4x4 750 miles - Vibration in steering wheel starts at about 48MPH.
  2. Tires were balanced 10-2-15 and vibration has not gone away.
  3. I have read a lot of the complaints on several sites and seems no one had found a cure for these vibration issues.
  4. Has anyone had the electric steering system checked out? My truck is going back tomorrow 10-6-15 and I will mention it to the service manager and mechanic to see what they think.
  5. I'll re-post after tomorrow's visit.

Since your new, I'll let you in on a secret.... the problem is all of the mounts on the vehicle, body-frame, engine etc. GM is not going to fix the issue, it will cost them too much. If your dealer has a return option use it, if not get your truck in for repair attempts as much as you can, and prepare to file lemon law

• Like 1

2015 Silverado 1500 DC 750 miles. Vibration in steering wheel at 50MPH. Tires have been balanced and still vibrates. Has anyone considered the "Electric Steering System"? Bringing my truck back tomorrow and will mention that to service manager. I will post results in next few days.

• Like 1

Update,

I received a call from the dealership (thought they forgot about me) that GM has been working on a solution for the 4-cylinder vibration issue. Dealer would like me to drop off the truck to apply the fix. Not sure what their fix is but I'll find out. I’ll be dropping the truck off at the dealership on 10/13/15, will update when I get it back.

Thanks,

MA

Edited by MA-Silverado

2015 Silverado 1500 DC 750 miles. Vibration in steering wheel at 50MPH. Tires have been balanced and still vibrates. Has anyone considered the "Electric Steering System"? Bringing my truck back tomorrow and will mention that to service manager. I will post results in next few days.

Dude, everybody has considered every part of the truck as the cause. Get yourself a 6-pack of your favorite beverage and read through the 400 pages of the vibration thread.

Update,

I received a call from the dealership (thought they forgot about me) that GM has been working on a solution for the 4-cylinder vibration issue. Dealer would like me to drop off the truck to apply the fix. Not sure what their fix is but I'll find out. I’ll be dropping the truck off at the dealership on 10/13/15, will update when I get it back.

Thanks,

MA

Looking forward for a positive result and fix

Had my truck in for the 2nd time today and they tightened up body bolts, checked complete front end, box and exhaust system. They test drove it and still vibrates steering wheel starting at about 50 MPH. The service manager is having a service engineer come to Buffalo to check out my vehicle.

Now, on the way home completely frustrated, I'm doing 55 MPH and grabbed the steering wheel at 1 & 7 (not 10 & 2) and pushed forward hard and the vibration stopped. YES STOPPED! I let loose and it came back.

Did this a few times and same result every time. Hmmmmm

Anybody else want to try this and then reply....

I will do this the next few days; I'll keep you posted.

Edited by Robbo6615
  • Like 3

Had my truck in for the 2nd time today and they tightened up body bolts, checked complete front end, box and exhaust system. They test drove it and still vibrates steering wheel starting at about 50 MPH. The service manager is having a service engineer come to Buffalo to check out my vehicle.

Now, on the way home completely frustrated, I'm doing 55 MPH and grabbed the steering wheel at 1 & 7 (not 10 & 2) and pushed forward hard and the vibration stopped. YES STOPPED! I let loose and it came back.

Did this a few times and same result every time. Hmmmmm

Anybody else want to try this and then reply....

I will do this the next few days; I'll keep you posted.

that is strange, but shouldn't affect the vibration in the seat, console, floor, pedals etc.

• Like 1