2015 GMC Sierra Lower Seat Heater Not Working (Both Sides)

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT with heated seats ONLY, not cooled. The seat back heaters work really well on both sides on the passenger and driver seat, but the seat portion does not heat on either sides. The button lights up like it's turned on, but doesn't heat up.

When I remote start the seat back won't heat up either, even though in the InteliLink the option is set to turn on seat heaters when remote started. Why wouldn't they turn on the steering wheel heat with the remote start too?

Has anyone found any solutions for this?

When I would remote start my 07 it would turn the seat heaters on and blast the defroster on high heat. From what I understand, the newer generation doesn't do this? It has be turned on before you shut it off? I liked the earlier function where it would turn it high heat and then when the key was turned on it would go back to where it was set when shut off. Seems like we may be going backwards here on the technology.....

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT with heated seats ONLY, not cooled. The seat back heaters work really well on both sides on the passenger and driver seat, but the seat portion does not heat on either sides. The button lights up like it's turned on, but doesn't heat up.

When I remote start the seat back won't heat up either, even though in the InteliLink the option is set to turn on seat heaters when remote started. Why wouldn't they turn on the steering wheel heat with the remote start too?

Has anyone found any solutions for this?

When I would remote start my 07 it would turn the seat heaters on and blast the defroster on high heat. From what I understand, the newer generation doesn't do this? It has be turned on before you shut it off? I liked the earlier function where it would turn it high heat and then when the key was turned on it would go back to where it was set when shut off. Seems like we may be going backwards here on the technology.....

These trucks are notorious for poorly performing seat heaters. When they do work, they are slow to warm up, which defeats the purpose of having them. If the rest of the cab is warmed up, then I don't usually need my seat heater. They've also had a lot of heating elements that have needed to be replaced. For some reason the bottoms are more prone to failure. I've had my driver's seat bottom replaced once already. With both bottom elements not working, it may be related to a control module as I believe the bottoms are controlled separately from the backs. These systems were poorly designed and poorly executed.

Mine work great,2015 Sierra sle. Actually they almost get to hot. So guess they are not all poorly designed?

Mine get hot too, after about 20 minutes. The poor design comment was not concerning the final temperature level, but rather the temperature of the seats when I need them the most, while the cabin is not completely warmed up yet.

Mine get hot too, after about 20 minutes. The poor design comment was not concerning the final temperature level, but rather the temperature of the seats when I need them the most, while the cabin is not completely warmed up yet.

Ditto on my 14, had a 16 for a night instant heat, looking at trading up

• 4 weeks later...

Well I finally just went online and ordered a new seat heater element pad online. It was only $60.

Before I installed it I unplugged the old one and plugged this in. ....Instantly hot, so it was the element.

I installed the new one and it wasn't that difficult. The hard part was getting the old one removed because of the adhesive. Anyway...works like a champ.

The old one had a broken ribbon that's part of the heat element. It was pretty obvious and had a black spot. I'm ordering another one for the passenger side. Poor design I guess.

• 3 years later...