new member from Indiana

Hello,

I'm new here long time Ford guy, but I really like the looks of the GMC from early 2000. I picked this particular truck up as a get my boat to the lake, or cruise around with nowhere to go truck. The truck I bought was in a slide off, it runs and drives fine we bought it from a friend who didn't want a wrecked truck sitting around since they bought a new truck to replace it. 4.8l motor long bed power everything and AC.

I since the truck has extensive damage to the passenger rear bedside and I don't mind doing a little surgery I am going to shorten this truck and make a my own blacked out shortbed stepside. I purchased a bed just yesterday so cheap I almost felt bad about it.

Has anyone here ever did a write up about using the Escalade rear suspension and axle with air bags? While walking out of my local junk yard after searching out the front spring hangers for the shortbed mod I came across the carcass of a similar model year Escalade and pondered for a minute how much of an improvement it would be especially if I were to swap a 6.0 in there later.

I'm still trying to find a shortbed tank and other odds and ends for the leaf spring swap version at the moment unless I hear a compelling story about the Caddy rear end instead. In the mean time I will be replacing all the stuff wrong with the front and leave the truck hooked to the boat trailer so we can go fishing at a minutes notice.

20160228_163516_zpsr3ixe5r4.jpg

20160228_163547_zpsmfrnjapm.jpg

20160228_163611_zps12hiz6xk.jpg

20160303_152621_zpsbyh0svc4.jpg

20160303_152641_zpsstjg8aql.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived