1999-2002 POWER SEAT UPGRADE

I drive 2000 Chev Silverado 4wd ext cab LS edition. I bought 1999 GMC Sierra SLT with power and heated memory seats and the centre console.. I'm looking to swap all this over.. am I going to run into wiring issues or what? I've got the whole Harness that goes into the doors and into the seats. Will I need to swap over the SDM module and other harness that routes with this? It looks the same as what I have in my truck but I'm not sure. Please any help and guideance would be appreciated!!

I've had friends tell me I need the SDM but I don't see why? They also were swapping in a 2003-2007.... My truck has the same connector with same wires the picture posted here is in the 1999. Only difference I can see is in 1999 the connectors black wires are doubled up whereas my 2000 the wires are only singular.... Having trouble uploading the picture but it's the only other connector under the seat that doesn't plug into the seat or SDM

SDM does not need to be changed.

Getting the Mem and heated seats to work is possible. Not easy but it can be done.

Just getting the power seats to work you will have to run power to the connector. You can repin the connector for a plug and play operation at the seat with pulling power from the inside fuse box at the door.

SDM does not need to be changed.

Getting the Mem and heated seats to work is possible. Not easy but it can be done.

Just getting the power seats to work you will have to run power to the connector. You can repin the connector for a plug and play operation at the seat with pulling power from the inside fuse box at the door.

Why do I need to run Power to it? Won't it get power thru the harness at the door that plugs into the fuse panel?

What has to be done for heated and memory?

I have the door panels and the switches... Why would the BCM have to be reprogrammed tho the only harness I could see going to the BCM is the one under the seat right beside SDM and I don't see why it would need reprogram as it's only 4 wire plug?? Is there any fuses I would need to add into any fuse panels?

Looking at the wiring it looks like I'm going to be missing a brown wire that goes into the left bussed electrical centre... The main plug from the driver door that plugs into that block. Anyone know what this brown wire is for?

Archived