Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

Colorado ZR2 Order Times Slip From "4 to 6" to Eight Weeks

post-139450-0-03625900-1490801454_thumb.jpeg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
3-29-2017

New 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2 truck orders are being scheduled for the last week of may. Two new hopeful owners have now reported delivery dates of 5-29-17 and 5-22-17 for trucks that were ordered last week.

Normally, model year 2017 vehicles would be available in late 2017. As it turns out for this particular truck model and trim, the 2017s are coming mid-year. This has prompted some considering a purchase to wait six more months and see if there are any updates to truck in the first part of 2018. Although updates are not typical in the first year of a vehicle's product life cycle, the Colorado could add the GM 8-speed auto to the Duramax, something our focus buyer, Joey Karr has considered.

Another consideration might be resale value. A vehicle with a one-year newer model year may be slightly more valuable in the resale market a few years from now.

• Like 1

Dealers here in Calgary that I have spoke to are being told not to expect the new ZR2 trucks until August or September!

attachicon.gifzr2 green front.jpeg

John Goreham

3-29-2017

New 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2 truck orders are being scheduled for the last week of may. Two new hopeful owners have now reported delivery dates of 5-29-17 and 5-22-17 for trucks that were ordered last week.

Normally, model year 2017 vehicles would be available in late 2017. As it turns out for this particular truck model and trim, the 2017s are coming mid-year. This has prompted some considering a purchase to wait six more months and see if there are any updates to truck in the first part of 2018. Although updates are not typical in the first year of a vehicle's product life cycle, the Colorado could add the GM 8-speed auto to the Duramax, something our focus buyer, Joey Karr has considered.

Another consideration might be resale value. A vehicle with a one-year newer model year may be slightly more valuable in the resale market a few years from now.

I ordered my truck the morning of March 16 and I just got my TPW Saturday morning and it's 6/5. While I'm not overly ecstatic about that considering others have sooner TPW's and some with the same or even sooner dates ordered theirs days and a couple weeks after I did I'm not sure what the criteria is for selection of order but it's obviously not what order they were received. All that being said,I sound like a kid who wants his ice cream NOW. The cool part is,that is the way I feel and it looks like my truck will be made the week of June 5 ........ life is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Zane
      So, what do you think of the newly announced Blazer? Good choice for the legendary name? Bad use of badge you once loved? Let us know. 

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      6-19-2018
      GM is recalling a list of vehicles because a fuel line can detach from the fuel pump and thus present the chance for a fire. The full text of the NHTSA report is listed below. If you want to look up your own vehicle to see if yours is on that recall list you can do so here.  Or you can hope that the snail mail system works and brings you a notice. If this recall sounds familiar don't be surprised. GM has had a long history of recalling vehicles for fuel pump and fuel line failures.

• By James Dixon
      I’m at my wits end over this 

I’m not sure if it’s been discussed on here yet but I’m having a serious problem with my truck going into limp mode at random.

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra, SLT, Z71 (newer body style) 

It runs fine for weeks, sometimes even months. Out of nowhere it’ll go into limp mode with these dash warnings:

”engine power reduced”
      ”traction control off”
      ”service traction control”
      ”service stabilitrack”

Readings are:
      P2138
      C0242
      C0899
      C0900

I replaced the engine due to a cam and lifter problem about 3 yrs ago. The truck started acting up about a month after the engine was replaced. The engine is still under warranty. 

-I’ve changed the gas pedal sensor.
      -I’ve changed the throttle body and throttle positioning sensor. 
      -I’ve changed the electronic control module (ECM)
      -I’ve changed the electronic brake control module (EBCM)
      -I’ve even replaced the battery cables
      -I’ve added a new ground wire, thinking I had a bad ground somewhere. 
      - I’ve checked and cleaned all connections into the throttle body, gas pedal, and all the plug ins I could see and get to. 

I had a guy tell me to look at the brake booster and possibly change that. It might be leaking or something. I’m not sure if that’s accurate advice and I haven’t done anything to the brake booster. 

Other than fooling with the brake booster, I’ve literally done everything I know to do except change the entire wiring harness!!! I don’t want to do that though. I love the truck and I don’t want to sell it but Im tired of putting money into it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m on the verge of pushing it off of a tall cliff!

help!

- James 

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      6/8/2018

Chevrolet's quirky looking but utilitarian compact crossover, the Trax has been a surprising hit. Fuel efficient, roomy, and available with all-wheel-drive, the Trax offers small families exactly what they want. Versatility. For the new model year, the Trax stays mostly the same. Only changes in colors and badging come this vehicle's way for 2019. 

Check out our other "What's New For 2019" Articles

Here's what's new for the 2019 Chevrolet Trax.

2018 Options That Have Been Retired
           (G7C) Red Hot exterior color  
      New Features, Colors & Options for 2019
           (G6O) Pacific Blue Metallic exterior color      (GM6) Dark Copper Metallic exterior color      (GYM) Satin Steel Metallic exterior color  
      Small Changes In Trim & Packaging for 2019
           New "Premier" nameplate on liftgate
    • By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      6/5/2018

The Tahoe and Suburban are getting some small upgrades for the 2019 model year. An all new full-size SUV platform is just around the bend and rumored for 2020/2021 so Chevrolet is pushing the all new RST trim that includes a 6.2L V8 and GM's all new 10-speed automatic transmission. 

Check out our other "What's New For 2019" Articles

Here's what's new for the 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban.

2018 Options That Have Been Retired
           Exterior color (G2X) Havana Metallic (deleted mid-2018 model year)      Exterior color (GXG) Tungsten Metallic  
      New Features, Colors & Options for 2019
           Exterior color (GJI) Shadow Gray Metallic     (WPK) RST 6.2L Performance Edition, includes (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, (MF6) 10-speed automatic transmission, (K47) high-capacity air cleaner, (KW7) 170 amp alternator, (GU5) 3.23 rear axle ratio, (NQH) 2-speed active transfer case (4WD only), (JL1) trailer brake controller and Sport calibration (available on 1LZ Premier) (Suburban)  
      Small Changes In Trim & Packaging for 2019
           Exterior "Premier" badge design change on liftgate      (SCN) RST Edition is now available with (GAN) Silver Ice Metallic, (GAZ) Summit White, (GBA) Black and new (GJI) Shadow Gray Metallic (replaces [GXG] Tungsten Metallic)      (VLG) Rear fascia closeout, LPO is now available with (GAN) Silver Ice Metallic, (GAZ) Summit White, (GBA) Black, (G1W) Iridescent Pearl Tricoat and new (GJI) Shadow Gray Metallic Click on the blue links to change image