Silveradolanche

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where can I get those wheels? Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are the new Midnight Edition Steel 22s. LOL. For an additional $150, you can get color matched lugs. [emoji51]

no midgate- NO AVALANCHE!

And good riddance! Had three of them '07 LT3, '12 LT and '13 LTZ71....loved them while I had them, preferring them over the Silverado because of the shorter length, better rear coil spring ride and unit body/bed, and sleek look of the sail rather than a notchback open bed pickup. But over the years the midgate turned out to be an annoying piece of crap....stupid one piece drop design turned a five seat cabin into a two seater long bed and not two full seats either because you had to move the front buckets forward to completely collapse the rear seats to open the midgate, and that damned removable window with the outer plastic frame that would crack in one or two places, one time near the grid contacts causing it to lose power! The '12 was the worst, sealed with Mexican snot that caused numerous windshield door seal, covered bed and sunroof leaks forcing a trade to the '13 that only went through 4 leaking new designed CMHSLs.

The one saving grace, and it was welcome, was that I paid $39.K for the $48.5K MSRP '13 Avy and enough desire for them that I received $36.5K trade against a $49K Detroit Silvy Z71 which came to $39K with discounts.......so for $2.5K I moved into a fully warranteed 3 year newer vehicle with all the same options and the newer MyLink systems, multiple LCD screens. For an extra $900 for a sports bar and $225 for a tonneau cover, it looks as good if not much better than any of the Avys did! And now when I have to pile the bed full of crap I can have three or four helpers with me instead of one to help with the load.......and the full height of the bed is usable for cargo instead of the two feet of the collapsed midgate being chopped off by the rear roofline and full movement of the bucket seating not being cramped by a dropped midgate. And the longer wheelbase of the Silvy compensates almost completely for the difference in suspension.

Silvys have what the Avys lack; once you go Silvy, there's no going back.

post-156616-0-23188000-1491579620_thumb.jpg

I am sorry, but this is the closest thing I have to a side shot.

Main purpose of that plastic sail was to hide the rear diagonal reinforcement braces for the one piece unit cab/body; other than that it is useless functionally the small opening looks like it does, but it doesn't, provide increased rear side view. It looked much better on optional '12 and all '13 models with body color matched sails and the Caddy EXT style full length CMHSL LED bar. The black plastic sail on other than a black Avy looks more like a throw on piece that doesn't match the body color, much like it does in these Silvy photos, and this measly smaller one on this Silvy doesn't even convey a fastback look like the larger one on the Avy shortbed.

Having owned Mexican 3 Avys; figured it was time and cost effective to build a better Avy starting with a Detroit Silverado. The optional tubular running boards, metal sportsbar and tonneau cover on a regular bed double cab provided the most pleasing profile and great color match with a tungsten finish and optional wheel flares. Only other match would be a Black Ops sportsbar on a black Silvy. And far from being useless the bar is added protection in a rollover, can carry enough lighting while off road to sunburn a deer, plenty of cutouts for securing cargo or handholds for a buddys and the motorized rear window great for easy access to refreshments.

post-156616-0-19300300-1491608347_thumb.jpg

I saw the new Avalanche at the International Auto Show in town a week or so ago. I sat inside it and didn't like it. There's a lot of similarities to the Silverado, but it just felt "cheaper." Hard to put my finger on it though. I also am not a fan of the exterior appearance. The "sports bar" being plastic I guess adds to me "cheap" feeling of the inside. I'll stick with my Silverado...

Buy a gen 1 Honda Ridgeline. That thing put the avalanche to shame.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A Ridgeline with its tiny V6 engine in a AWD auto.....doesn't have the muscle a serious truck owner demands. What a great idea for a minivan with the back half chopped off, but a lousy idea for a truck! Struggles towing anything heavier than a canoe.......we laughed at my friend in his new Ridgeline crawling with his pontoon boat in tow, moved OK on asphalt with a lot of revving but died like a dog when he went from crush and run to gravel......had to pull his boat and his Ridgeline out with a Sierra..........he became so pissed off he was forced to trade for a real truck.

Ridgeline gen 1s with their V6, AWD and unit car body can't hold a candle to an Avalanche with its V8, 4WD and truck frame construction. And gen 2s with its AWD drivetrain still didn't learn a thing with a minimus V6 and no available 4WD on a frameless unit car body can't hold a candle to a real truck like a new 4WD V6 Colorado much less a Silverado/Sierra 4WD V8.

Ridgeline a lousy truck but a great grocery getter!

Owned both the Avalanche and an Envoy XUV - I think I was the only person that liked that Envoy!...In the pic of the "Silveradoanche" is that a tri-fold cover or does it come in 3 removable section? Just curios as I always liked that design

Those wheels are killer....Like Detroit Steels..

I would love to have a set with Snows....and the stock for summers..

Those are transport wheels. Chevy won't sell them. You have to know someone there or you can once in swhile find them on ebay. I have a set in the garage

A Ridgeline with its tiny V6 engine in a AWD auto.....doesn't have the muscle a serious truck owner demands. What a great idea for a minivan with the back half chopped off, but a lousy idea for a truck! Struggles towing anything heavier than a canoe.......we laughed at my friend in his new Ridgeline crawling with his pontoon boat in tow, moved OK on asphalt with a lot of revving but died like a dog when he went from crush and run to gravel......had to pull his boat and his Ridgeline out with a Sierra..........he became so pissed off he was forced to trade for a real truck.

Ridgeline gen 1s with their V6, AWD and unit car body can't hold a candle to an Avalanche with its V8, 4WD and truck frame construction. And gen 2s with its AWD drivetrain still didn't learn a thing with a minimus V6 and no available 4WD on a frameless unit car body can't hold a candle to a real truck like a new 4WD V6 Colorado much less a Silverado/Sierra 4WD V8.

Ridgeline a lousy truck but a great grocery getter!

Yeah we got a lot off groceries in our gen1 ridgeline. Drove it for 9 years, only had 1 hose leak. Heck I never even replaced a single bulb. Never had to take it to the dealer for any issue. I dont tow much so it was great for what we needed. Bought it for $24k new, drove it for 9 years and sold it for $12k. If I didn't hate the looks of the new redesign I would have bought another. But Chevy has always been my fallback so here we are in a silverado.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Those transport wheels are not DOT/CSA certified and are ordered to be destroyed after the wheels meant to be used are mounted. They are in fact pretty thin stamped steel... I wouldn't trust them

Those transport wheels are not DOT/CSA certified and are ordered to be destroyed after the wheels meant to be used are mounted. They are in fact pretty thin stamped steel... I wouldn't trust them

They remind me of this beauty

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/viva-la-personalizacion-modifying-a-2011-mitsubishi-outlander-sport-in-mexico-feature

Archived