2004 Avalanche front speakers don't work

Shawn Maynard

Question

I have a 2004 avalanche I change the head unit I went to Walmart  In bought the plug for my new radio. plugged everything in and my front speakers do not work. I've heard and read  A lot about the pre amp.  But nobody explains how to do it  In detail. I also have an extra plug with 2 wires that are inertwined with each otherI don't know what those 2 wires are or what they go.

Edited by Shawn Maynard
Spelling

1 answer to this question

Right up front I have no idea where to look or very likely if this is even relative.  Have you connected into the CANBUS(no idea if it is still called that) or whatever they call the backbone of the network in your dash.  If the front speakers don't work you likely have not hooked it up.  This is the piece that allows the signal flashing sound as well as all the other warnings sounds that you likely are not missing because silence is rarely as annoying as the sound it.  That's all I got.  I don't do that kind of work on my own truck, I just find a guy and keep using him for decades.  It gets cheaper as the decades go bye.  Just hope I don't outlive him.