Did a search for this on the forum but saw only mentions of them.... Looking for some insight on the BBKs for my '16 Silverado... Wanting to here from current members/owners of BBKS what Pros, Cons, Comparisons, and experiences they've encountered with installing a BBK... Looking at some of the major brands like Brembo, Wilwood, Baer, StopTech, PowerStop, Rolloface, AP Racing, etc... Do you have just the front or rear installed? Drilled, Dimpled, Slotted, Combo rotors?

Did a search for this on the forum but saw only mentions of them.... Looking for some insight on the BBKs for my '16 Silverado... Wanting to here from current members/owners of BBKS what Pros, Cons, Comparisons, and experiences they've encountered with installing a BBK... Looking at some of the major brands like Brembo, Wilwood, Baer, StopTech, PowerStop, Rolloface, AP Racing, etc... Do you have just the front or rear installed? Drilled, Dimpled, Slotted, Combo rotors?

I have the wilwood 6pot. The current brakes system is pretty robust. While the wilwood are nice looking the pedal feel is a little firmer, I assume the heat endurance is better...( never had brake fade). Did I say they look good?b3940271e90f835118ff7ea60d41ce64.jpg

I took them off to sell the truck... haven't reinstalled them though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have the wilwood 6pot. The current brakes system is pretty robust. While the wilwood are nice looking the pedal feel is a little firmer, I assume the heat endurance is better...( never had brake fade). Did I say they look good?b3940271e90f835118ff7ea60d41ce64.jpg

Niiice... Do you just have them on the front or both front and back? What mm rotor is that? Did you change the brake lines or did you use the factory lines?

• Like 1

Niiice... Do you just have them on the front or both front and back? What mm rotor is that? Did you change the brake lines or did you use the factory lines?

Yes I replaced the lines because the factory lines. I think the factory line is a straight fitting and the BBK requires a 90 degree fitting. I did only the front.

• Like 1

Did you get a new truck you're going to install them on?

Like the OP I am interested in the Pro's and Con's. Other than looking cool (and for most of us on this forum's need to upgrade because we can), why would you replace the OEM braking system? I appreciate the input.

Well. I haven't tracked my truck. But towing a 7500lb trailer weekly in Pennsylvania..(not the biggest mountains). I've never had brake fade on the stock system. Under normal circumstances the oem brakes are perfectly fine. If you want better fade resistance but don't want the cool factor then switch out to a pad that handles the heat better and bump up to a 600* brake fluid.

I originally put these on my truck because I *thought* I was over taxing my brakes on my trailer and would need to shift the brake bias on the trailer forward to the truck. Only to find out a critter ate my grounding wire on the second axle of the trailer. The braking dynamics didn't change at all between the oem system v BBK.

The BBK offers greater heat dispersion without fade. You won't stop faster because of the BBK, that's based on the pad selection.

Edited by Waaazooo
  • Like 1

Well. I haven't tracked my truck. But towing a 7500lb trailer weekly in Pennsylvania..(not the biggest mountains). I've never had brake fade on the stock system. Under normal circumstances the oem brakes are perfectly fine. If you want better fade resistance but don't want the cool factor then switch out to a do that is greater heat rated and bump up to a 600* brake fluid.

I originally put these on my truck because I *thought* I was over taxing my brakes on my trailer and would need to shift the bias on the trailer to the truck. Only to find out a critter ate my grounding wire on the second axle of the trailer. The braking didn't change at all between the oem system v BBK.

The BBK offers greater heat dispersion without fade. You won't stop faster because of the BBK, that's based on the pad selection.

That clears it up for me. Thanks for the explanation.

Well. I haven't tracked my truck. But towing a 7500lb trailer weekly in Pennsylvania..(not the biggest mountains). I've never had brake fade on the stock system. Under normal circumstances the oem brakes are perfectly fine. If you want better fade resistance but don't want the cool factor then switch out to a pad that handles the heat better and bump up to a 600* brake fluid.

I originally put these on my truck because I *thought* I was over taxing my brakes on my trailer and would need to shift the brake bias on the trailer forward to the truck. Only to find out a critter ate my grounding wire on the second axle of the trailer. The braking dynamics didn't change at all between the oem system v BBK.

Nice input however, I don't tow with my Chevy, I use my Tundra... My Chevy has 26" wheels and about to get charged so that's to major reasons I'm considering the BBK...

• Like 1

Just my experience.

I had changed my tires to 33x12.50x18 on my 2014 CC standard bed SLT All Terrain . I noted on several occasions, in Socal freeway traffic, I was not getting maximum braking in circumstances where I was applying extremely heavy pedal pressure. I wanted more clamping force.

I had limited choices at the time. I chose the Wilwood 14.25" rotor, 6 piston Aero caliper. The 18" wheel limits the Wilwood size to 14.25"rotors. 20" wheels can use a 16" rotor Wilwood kit.

I believe this mod helps me everyday. The pedal pressures required to stop are lower and no fade is detectable even with heavy loads and high speed maximum braking stops.

I don't know of any negative aspects other than cost. I think the number one negative comment will be cost. I even gave some thought to modifying 2500-3500 front brakes to my 1500. The deterrent for that project was my access to machinery is limited these days.

Edited by spurshot
  • Like 1

Nice input however, I don't tow with my Chevy, I use my Tundra... My Chevy has 26" wheels and about to get charged so that's to major reasons I'm considering the BBK...

I've seen your truck and it's a showpiece.

Let's be honest though. A truck like that with wheels like those. A Big Brake Kit is 90% warranted and rationalized based on aesthetics. That be the case if you have 6k to throw at the fronts and backs stoptech or Brembo are both notable for their racing heritage and aesthetic notoriety. Wilwood is a great brand but are relatively proprietary in their Brake pads and friction ring selection. Whereas the other two have a many other companies that produce components. All 3 will look great under those 26"s, definitely. You can get the stoptechs from the factory in like 6-8 colors.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I went with Rolloface for my Big Brake Kit and I must say the quality is killer... They will custom powder coat them with over 200 colors available... Even Camouflage... Can’t wait to get these Big Boys Installed....55601610cd64380a5cf9e64413904e76.jpg96e28f9bd04a1df5fc1a20497f9da301.jpgbf57fe3a8b5da3f627aa448a6bc13861.jpg