29 ft 5th wheel

hello ,,  quick question,, I have too tow a montana 29ft 5th wheel about 8 miles on level ground with my half ton gmc sierra sl,,, v-6  ive  put sp25 overload sprnigs and airshocks on it because I have a 7.5 ft lance camper on it, were gonna drop the camper and put the 5th wheel hitch in my truck just for that day too move it  also I have a top quality brake controller also,,,  think ill be alright towing it that distance any advice would  help thank you

Bro,bro....Bro?  You have a camper on 1/2 ton?  Installing 5th wheel hitch for 1 time event?  None of this sounds even safe/healthy for humans or machines?  Give a buddy free tank of gas after HE MOVES it safely with appropriate Truck.

Edited by mookdoc6

18 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

Bro,bro....Bro?  You have a camper on 1/2 ton?  Installing 5th wheel hitch for 1 time event?  None of this sounds even safe/healthy for humans or machines?  Give a buddy free tank of gas after HE MOVES it safely with appropriate Truck.

a tank of gas would be nice, I would have started by offering a case of beer. Its amazing what can get done for a case of beer.

After installing my hitch rails, I couldn't imagine doing that for a single event. It took several hours of measuring, drilling, measuring, bolt tightening on flat at a time...fracking frustrating. And that was the second one I had installed!

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 11:28 PM, ronniem1962 said:

Thanks. For the info but it towed just fine the 8 mi I had to take it. Thank God there wasn't any hills , other than that it went off with no problems thanks everyone

Did you actually drill holes through your box and frame and mount a hitch for this one time event?

• Like 1