Keys and noise

I keep my truck keys on a separate ring from my other keys and have a magnet connecting them. The fob still hits the side of the ignition but doesn't that often and doesn't bother me. You could split it so you have the ignition as it's own keyring and then you have nothing.

I've seen guys do magnets and velcro too but I think the key on it's own ring makes most sense if this is an issue for you.

Here is the magnet I used, super strong. https://www.keybar.us/product/magnut/

• Like 2

There have been recalls on other vehicles that experienced issues when people hang a ton of keys off the ignition and the weight can cause the key to move while driving.

Solution: don't put every key you own on the truck key ring. I only have the truck key and fob, nothing else. I have a magnetic key card for work. I get into my house with an electric door opener. Any other keys I rarely use are just stored in the glove box or my work bag.

I would be way more annoyed with a large wad of keys in my pocket all day. (or even clipped on my belt, that's not any better)

• Like 1

I agree with Penguin VII.  Keep your truck key and fob separate from the rest of your keys.  I carry two sets of keys in my pockets.  (I keep an extra house key on my truck ring "just in case".)  This also proves handy if I need to run back in the house with the truck running on those hot or cold days!

• Like 1

Love my new Chevy truck but it is the first vehicle I have had since 2006 that required an actual key, 6 months later and this still annoys me. 

• Like 2

My keys are making so much noise hitting steering column. Anybody have a fix for this? I have to put keys in a pouch to stop rattle .

Attach a small piece of black foam on the steering column where keys touch. Much better. ?? keys bang against the foam and not the column. 

EF58981F-5A8F-4CB0-9CEC-0669F77F8347.jpeg

Edited by Bigmac
  • Like 1

Took a piece of velcro and used the felt side to stick on the column and the shifter, no more noise and a $2 fix. It is black so you can't tell it is there on a black column. I much prefer a keyed ignition, keeping the key in the pocket is a no go and I don't carry a purse to keep them in.

Tyler

• Like 1