Disappointed with 2019

3 minutes ago, 14tungstenLT said:

nope

2019.PNG

Yeah, I just noticed that.  I was able to build one last week.  Good thing I had the build emailed to myself. LOL  I built an LTZ and a High Country since that is the only option for the 6.2.  They were both over $61K

Edited by Black02Silverado

I guess I should note the positives...

1. Rear air vents
2. The new trailer package with the mountable camera looks useful
3. Should be safer in crash tests now with the new frame
4. The wireless charger is in a better spot
5. They centered the steering wheel with the driver
6. I hear they ride a lot smoother than the current generation
5. "Slightly" better payload and towing #'s
6. The bed has a 110v outlet
7. More tie down points are always handy
8. You can turn on the led bed lighting on from the back of the truck (no need to go around to the interior)
9. Rumor has it they're turned a lot better now so they don't lug so much driving around town.

Still even with what they've done, they've given some but take some, seems a lot like an iPhone. A lot of the same, no real innovation yet people will still buy them anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They should be implementing a dual fuel injection system like f*** is using to cure the intake carbon deposit issue and improving power outputs with the existing engines. Ford got extra power and torque out of every one of their engines just by adding it. It will also help with longevity as you won't be washing the cylinders wall out with unburt fuel like is common on direct injected engines.

This dynamic fuel system is so overly complicated, I can just imagine everyone removing the hydraulic lifters and tuning their trucks as soon as the powertrain warranty lapses. I know I am.

They should be implementing a dual fuel injection system like f*** is using to cure the intake carbon deposit issue and improving power outputs with the existing engines. Ford got extra power and torque out of every one of their engines just by adding it. It will also help with longevity as you won't be washing the cylinders wall out with unburt fuel like is common on direct injected engines.

This dynamic fuel system is so overly complicated, I can just imagine everyone removing the hydraulic lifters and tuning their trucks as soon as the powertrain warranty lapses. I know I am.
I agree with the port injection, I dont think its as necessary on a NA motor as it is on forced induction but it would be a nice upgrade to get some more power out of the 5.3l and 6.2l.

My biggest gripes is the 10speed only being on the 6.2 and 3.0 where ford has it paired with their 4 highest selling engines. Then the gauge cluster... My 16 ford expedition has a better one and thats not saying much.

Overall I like the styling, reminds me of my 99 z71 with it being so drastically different than the previous 20 years before that.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Seems like it will be a fine truck to me... I would have liked to see somethings different but, MPG ain't gonna get better fellas it's been about the same for the last 20 years... It's a 6000# square box moving down the road lol... I love the exterior styling on the Chevy, not a fan of the GMC... Interior wise: I kinda like my 2016 better but, I'm sure it will suffice... Still much better than a Toyota, Ferd or Nissan, I'm still undecided if I like the new Rams or not...

14 hours ago, Paul_Aris said:

I believe my entire 2018 dash and layout looks better. I don't know why it is so hard for GM to make an improvement here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

44210c907cd796a22296d853f887f42e.jpg

Gm weak point has always been interiors. 

There is some things that I like with the 2019's and other things I dislike. I am glad that I just bought a 2018 a few weeks ago, I prefer the steel frame and especially front end look of this last gen.

What I like from the 2019 that I wish the 2018- had:

1. Power lift gate

2. Rear vents and USB's

3. Blind Spot and Parking sensors that can now be found in LT trims

3. I do like Chevrolet stamped on the tail gate

4. Tie down points

5. Wider bed is a plus (This will suck for those wanting to reuse a previous gen tonneau though)

6. Center console looks bigger

What I don't like:

1. The front end is way too busy when compared to this last gen of Silverados

2. While aluminum is lighter, imagine the dents in this, or a hail storm that comes rolling by or worse get into an accident.....this will be so easy to total

3. The door mirrors are in such a weird spot

4. Some of the cheap interior options return from the previous gen

5. Who knows how DFM will work out

6. Back to the front end, it is much smaller now than previous gen

7. Exhaust tips are integrated

8. Stop/Start (I know it can be turned off, I hate this feature as we have it in our 2018 Traverse)

Edited by captainzombie

There is some things that I like with the 2019's and other things I dislike. I am glad that I just bought a 2018 a few weeks ago, I prefer the steel frame and especially front end look of this last gen.

What I like from the 2019 that I wish the 2018- had:

1. Power lift gate
2. Rear vents and USB's
3. Blind Spot and Parking sensors that can now be found in LT trims
3. I do like Chevrolet stamped on the tail gate
4. Tie down points
5. Wider bed is a plus (This will suck for those wanting to reuse a previous gen tonneau though)
6. Center console looks bigger

What I don't like:

1. The front end is way too busy when compared to this last gen of Silverados
2. While aluminum is lighter, imagine the dents in this, or a hail storm that comes rolling by or worse get into an accident.....this will be so easy to total
3. The door mirrors are in such a weird spot
4. Some of the cheap interior options return from the previous gen
5. Who knows how DFM will work out
6. Back to the front end, it is much smaller now than previous gen
7. Exhaust tips are integrated
8. Stop/Start (I know it can be turned off, I hate this feature as we have it in our 2018 Traverse)
You do know the frame is fully boxes high strength steel? Were you referring to something else?

3 minutes ago, Jr09country6.2 said:

You do know the frame is fully boxes high strength steel? Were you referring to something else?

Ooops, yeah, I meant the tail gate, hood are aluminum. Isn't the door panels aluminum too or are those steel?

Funny, I am 67 years old and remember the same conversations every time Chevy changed the New model. Some will like it and some will not. But in the end, many will be sold and enjoyed by there owners. And some will not. Just my thoughts. Oh and my 16 has an aluminum hood and I haven’t had any issues. 

Edited by SAMS819