Disappointed with 2019

7 hours ago, shift_grind said:

Gas door?

?

That is a good question really. Didn't think about it and the engineers stated when they revealed the trucks that all the swinging items were aluminum.  So to me that would mean the gas door as well.

I like the truck overall but I agree there are multiple let downs. What I really dont understand is the pricing for the higher end Silverado models. A high country is around 70k. You can also get a fully loaded RST Tahoe for around 70k. The Tahoe includes three rows of leather seating, DVD system, a LOT more sheet metal, magnaride, 22 inch rims and a significant amount of additional interior materials...There is easily 5-10k in materials (consumer prices) in the Tahoe vs the High Country. The MSRP is nearly the same between the two models, however. In my personal opinion its basically price gouging the truck buyer. I realize its comparing apples to oranges but are we supposed to believe the towing technology offsets 5-10k  in material variance between the two vehicles?

70k just seems outrageous for what you get in the high country.. I have no issues spending 70k if I can see and feel the value.  I simply cant find the value in a high country for 70k, however..To be honest I have a hard time finding 60k value in the high country. The truck should have true magnaride, new engine with more HP,  panoramic sunroof,  better materials, larger infotainment, etc for 70k. My only assumption is that its priced so high so they can have massive price cuts a couple of years down the road and still have a profit. They are going to have to provide deep discounts on  these trucks very soon. You can get a fully loaded Ram limited for 55-60k today (with discounts) which is much nicer and more advanced than the High Country.

Edited by Chris walker
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Chris walker said:

70k just seems outrageous for what you get in the high country.. I have no issues spending 70k if I can see and feel the value.  I simply cant find the value in a high country for 70k, however..To be honest I have a hard time finding 60k value in the high country. The truck should have true magnaride, new engine with more HP,  panoramic sunroof,  better materials, larger infotainment, etc for 70k. My only assumption is that its priced so high so they can have massive price cuts a couple of years down the road and still have a profit. They are going to have to provide deep discounts on  these trucks very soon. You can get a fully loaded Ram limited for 55-60k today (with discounts) which is much nicer and more advanced than the High Country.

Truck and SUV pricing this day and age is outrageous regardless of brand. Why?  Because we continue to buy and demand them over more fuel efficient, practical cars and sedans.

Simple law of economics.

As far as the RAM goes.... you know what they say...…… Untitled-2.thumb.png.64ffcff89df2f3ea1b404f1cbd5e5aef.png                

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Truck and SUV pricing this day and age is outrageous regardless of brand. Why?  Because we continue to buy and demand them over more fuel efficient, practical cars and sedans.

Simple law of economics.

As far as the RAM goes.... you know what they say...…… Untitled-2.thumb.png.64ffcff89df2f3ea1b404f1cbd5e5aef.png                

Ha ha...Im not going to lie. I think the Ram is the ugliest of the major manufacturers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris walker said:

I like the truck overall but I agree there are multiple let downs. What I really dont understand is the pricing for the higher end Silverado models. A high country is around 70k. You can also get a fully loaded RST Tahoe for around 70k. The Tahoe includes three rows of leather seating, DVD system, a LOT more sheet metal, magnaride, 22 inch rims and a significant amount of additional interior materials...There is easily 5-10k in materials (consumer prices) in the Tahoe vs the High Country. The MSRP is nearly the same between the two models, however. In my personal opinion its basically price gouging the truck buyer. I realize its comparing apples to oranges but are we supposed to believe the towing technology offsets 5-10k  in material variance between the two vehicles?

They nailed the up to LTZ level, but the high country doesn't offer much more.  Surprising for sure.  I will say the 70k high country would have every option checked, realistically bthey top put around 65k and will have a transaction price in the low-mid 50s 

I ditched my '16 LTZ Z71 for a 2019 Ram and couldn't be happier.  This is coming form a die hard GM guy by the way.   I NEVER thought I'd get a Ram.    I contemplated waiting for a 2019, but I was so disgusted with my truck.. I didn't have much faith the 2019 would be much better.     The Ram (I think) is ugly with all of the chrome, but with the right package, it's pretty sick and it's absolutely no comparison to a 14-18 Silverado.

2019 ram.jpg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, MADF1 said:

I ditched my '16 LTZ Z71 for a 2019 Ram and couldn't be happier.  This is coming form a die hard GM guy by the way.   I NEVER thought I'd get a Ram.    I contemplated waiting for a 2019, but I was so disgusted with my truck.. I didn't have much faith the 2019 would be much better.     The Ram (I think) is ugly with all of the chrome, but with the right package, it's pretty sick and it's absolutely no comparison to a 14-18 Silverado.

2019 ram.jpg

Congrats on your new truck!  Bottom line is whomever shells out their hard (or easy) earned money for a new car/truck, should feel content with the purchase and not regret

making the monthly payment. Good luck with your RAM! :thumbs:

• Like 8

5b7edfb3b2eeb_2019ram.jpg.d3a6ba17948a6637c3626b243453e171.jpg
Nice truck man. They do look good with everything color matched.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

5b7edfb3b2eeb_2019ram.jpg.d3a6ba17948a6637c3626b243453e171.jpg
The new rams are gorgeous, congratulations!

I am not impressed with the 7-8" taller bed sides.  I use my LTZ as a fairly serious work truck.  I reach over the side all the time.  I am going to have to get flip down steps to make it usable.  Also, I will never be able to see into my bed tool box.  

The Articulated assist step on the 2019 Denali ( may be available as an option/accessory for other trim levels ) has a unique slide/swing back feature that allows

you to step up back behind the cab for bed access.

1 hour ago, teyaroch said:

I am not impressed with the 7-8" taller bed sides.  I use my LTZ as a fairly serious work truck.  I reach over the side all the time.  I am going to have to get flip down steps to make it usable.  Also, I will never be able to see into my bed tool box.  

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, Black02Silverado said:

That is a good question really. Didn't think about it and the engineers stated when they revealed the trucks that all the swinging items were aluminum.  So to me that would mean the gas door as well.

Most of the gas doors on GM's now including the new T1 trucks have a plastic housing that has a plastic hinge, and then a plastic/ABS composite door that gets painted body color.   

• Like 1