Disappointed with 2019

My guess would be trucks are supposedly more work oriented, and the target audience isn't as concerned with that stuff. That's their explanation for evolution over revolution with the interior. 

Seeing as my local dealer has LOTS of 2018s on the lots, I would venture a guess that Chevy is not marketing the 2019s at all because they want to move the 2018s first in order to avoid a glut of old trucks on dealer lots. Sure, they'll have the 2019 Legacy (which is a fancy name for a 2018), but still. Out with the old first then in with the new. 

Just my theory though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magnum74 said:

I remember either reading or hearing during the rollouts that marketing for the new truck won't being until the new year. 

Not going to market the truck, would kill the sales for clearing out the 2018's

On 8/29/2018 at 9:39 AM, Sierra Dan said:

The 2019 GM trucks are piling up on lots and I have seen discounts as much as 5-6k off already, only after about 2 weeks!

RAM is offering $10k discounts of the 2019 1/2 tons so GM has no choice but to offer incentives already. 

Price wars are good for the consumer.

2 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

RAM is offering $10k discounts of the 2019 1/2 tons so GM has no choice but to offer incentives already. 

Depends on where you live.  Around here, no discounts. 

I believe my entire 2018 dash and layout looks better. I don't know why it is so hard for GM to make an improvement here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
44210c907cd796a22296d853f887f42e.jpg

Amen, why mess with perfection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I agree with 2,4,6 &7 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
These trucks are already expensive enough. Adding a Panoramic Sunroof would only make things worse.
Who really needs an entire Roof of Glass? Maybe if you ever rolled a vehicle over, it would change your mind.

I do, I do! I’m a part time astronomer, lol

2 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

Same here $5-10k off 2019 Ram's. Just depends on the area. Ford dealers in many areas have been offering up to $15k off a brand new 2018 F-150 XLT 2.7EB. GM dealers in those areas will definitely have to offering competitive incentives if they want to sell the 2019 trucks. I think that's why GM didn't go all-out on the interior, available configurations, etc. The truck was designed and packages configured to make money even if they had to compete incentive-wise with Ford and Ram.

The profit margin is huge on these trucks.. in fact, the Denali is their highest margin vehicle. The more features they sell, the more profitable the vehicle.

Trucks are where it’s at for the auto makers. Light truck sales accounted for 63% of new vehicles last year.. that’s huge. Average new ‘luxury’ truck averaged $46k . Average Denali was $56k. The truck wars will continue!

GM makes an average of $10k profit on each unit. People want them ‘loaded’, so the more gadgets they come up with, the more money they make.. it’s in their best interest to keep innovating with all sorts of new gizmos as this is what the masses want.