Another "Can my W/T Silverado without Keyless Entry have it added?" thread

Hi!

I have a 2015 Silverado 1WT that does NOT have keyless entry. I'm a bit miffed because the salesman told me it could be added at a later date, but when I called the dealership they told me it couldn't be added.

So I've come across a TON of different responses on this forum and others - all of which give conflicting advice. I'm left with my head spinning as to whether or not it can be done.

Here's my info:

2015 Chevy Silverado Double Cab - 1WT

Currently NO KEYLESS entry

These are the RPO codes  (note: no AQQ)

I have power locks. I have TPM sensors. i03 radio.

A chevy tech on another forum told me i needed the hood latch kit in order to add it. While yet another forum told me the ECM is software-locked and cannot have keyless codes entered, even from the factory.

I type my VIN into the accessories.chevy.com and get the remote start kit (2 fobs, wiring harness, hood latch harness) as an option:

VEHICLE 1: Vin: 1GCVKPEH0FZ187249 / 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4 - Door Extended Cab Pickup 143.5 WT 4WD
13_CRB_CRB_REM_15.jpg
Remote Start Kit
Part No.: 22997089

So, I orderd the kit through my local dealership.

They called me yesterday and told me their system wouldn't allow them to order the kit for my truck, and that I was out of luck with keyless entry - unless I wanted to go aftermarket.

So here I am, confused as all heck.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this keyless issue? Can it be done? Is there something else I need to do? I would prefer to not go aftermarket (and void warranty or anything). Can I just order the 2297089 and install it myself, then go to the dealer and have it programmed? or will the computer not accept it?

There's so many different answers on different forums ranging over the past 4-5 years or so. I'm hoping that someone here has a bit clearer answer for me.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 5:47 PM, geltoid said:

Yes -- power windows and locks, TPM sensors

Dorman 99355 Key Fob worked flawlessly for my 2018 custom.

Had multiple GM dealerships tell me it wasn't possible. Random comments online said as long as you have TPM sensors, keyless entry will work. Had a dealership 3 hours away tell me they do it daily there.

Rolled the dice and it worked. I ordered mine form Autozone so that I could return it for a full refund if it didn't work.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2018 WT, power locks and TPMS sensors/reciever, no power windows, and I too am a little confused on my options. Would like to add keyless and remote start.

Due to remote start, I'm guessing I need to purchase the GM kit with the code? Are there other options than having a dealer program?

Dorman 99355 Key Fob worked flawlessly for my 2018 custom.
Had multiple GM dealerships tell me it wasn't possible. Random comments online said as long as you have TPM sensors, keyless entry will work. Had a dealership 3 hours away tell me they do it daily there.
Rolled the dice and it worked. I ordered mine form Autozone so that I could return it for a full refund if it didn't work.
We're you able to program the keyless entry remote yourself or had the dealership program it? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

2014 WT with power windows and locks (and also TPMS, apparently that matters?)

Went to a private car audio/security shop, Viper 5806v keyless entry and remote start installed for $600 out the door. The only issue was that they needed to add a delay to the remote start to be in sync with the chip key device.