Where are all the 2019 owners?

GMC-AT

These trucks have been released for a month now.  I guess the fact that we aren't hearing much from new owners means the new 2019 is solid truck and there isn't much to praise or complain about?  Or they just aren't selling any of them?   Not sure.. but I thought we would be hearing more at this point... 

• Like 1

Same here - Has anyone purchased a Sierra AT4?  I spoke to the dealers near me and no ETA for release in my area.

I’m personally waiting on a ~20% off on 19 AT4s before I consider purchasing.

Edited by BAD_GMC

Not all new owners are internet geeks and live on forums.  That would be the main reason not much is posted on here.  The few that have purchased and posted have done so to express their likes.  Not much dislikes so far. 

To many great deals to be had on 18's that most are taking advantage of. 

17 minutes ago, BAD_GMC said:

Same here - Has anyone purchased a Sierra AT4?  I spoke to the dealers near me and no ETA for release in my area.

Sierra AT4's are not on lots yet. There are a few on here who have special ordered but no deliveries as of now. Should not be too much longer! :thumbs:

No doubt Advertising is the reason we are not hearing much feedback other than youtube videos of dealerships showcasing and reviewing the 2019's. I am personally dumbfounded as to why GM does not have a single commercial about the 2019 trucks and they are already on lots. There is so much media push about moving the current 2018's that is is highly overshadowing the release of T1. The Chevrolet dealer just down the street from my work does not even have a single Brochure in the showroom available for the 2019 Silverado.

Although they currently have 4 on the lot and a Trail Boss in the showroom! How do you explain that???? GM needs a commercial or 3 similar to what RAM gave us during the super bowl. If GM is so confident in the future success of T1 that they feel no commercial coverage is needed at this point.... they are going to be caught with their pants down. Anyone else agree? :sigh:

Edited by Sierra Dan
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BAD_GMC said:

Looks like you will be waiting until at least May if not longer.  That is when they start the major discounts.

You can't build a 2019 Silverado on Chevrolet.com.  Perhaps no commercials and no builder because they want to sell them at minimum discount as they can't build them fast enough anyways.  As soon as production ramps up and we start seeing them really on the lots (I've never seen more than 2 on a lot) we will fer commercials

I've had mine for about a week now, and couldn't be happier.  By far the nicest truck I've ever owned.  Last truck was a 17 Nissan XD Cummins, before that was a 2014 Silverado LTZ 5.3, and before that was a 08 Duramax.  I'm not brand loyal, but the new GMC Denali drives great, has everything I'd ever need, and with the 6.2, should pull my trailer with ease.  

•  

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Edited by CStanger
  • Like 1

I think it is a combination of so many 2018 Silverado's out there that they don't want to push the 2019. They have already been discounting them so much just think of the discount that they would have to do if every Joe Smoe knew that the new models were out and with a new design. Most people don't follow forums or vehicles as close as us nerds! It also gives the assembly lines more time so they don't have to rush to get them out which should provide better quality. Don't need massive recalls and faulty products like some of the other brands. Also what if GM really did get all the kinks worked out with all of their real world testing? Most tested Silverado ever? The average consumer starts hearing about that then how would they sell the rest of the 2018s?