What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

10 minutes ago, Chrisj4 said:

I finally got this thing on...

E4FDB221-F304-40DB-BDF9-839E8B380131.jpeg

Looks good, is that the Gator Recoil tonneau cover? I've been wanting a hard tonneau cover for a while but everything I've seen has been outside my budget. I just happened to be looking on Amazon the other day and found a 5'8" Gator EFX hard folding cover for $539 so I ordered it. It arrived last week and I had it installed in about 30 minutes. So far I've been very pleased with the way it looks/functions and haven't found any leaks even after driving through a heavy rain.

Before I ordered it I called RealTruck (Amazon Vendor) to ask some questions about the EFX as compared to a couple other models and I found out that Gator tonneau covers was owned by RealTruck. The gentleman I spoke with told me that RealTruck has other tonneau cover manufacturers make the covers to their specifications and market them under the Gator brand name. I was told that BAKFlip make some of the hard folders and they carry a 2 year warranty. The EFX I purchased appears to be made by Undercover because that the address it was shipped from and it carries a 3 year warranty just as the base model Undercover hard folder.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GregBFL said:

Looks good, is that the Gator Recoil tonneau cover? I've been wanting a hard tonneau cover for a while but everything I've seen has been outside my budget. I just happened to be looking on Amazon the other day and found a 5'8" Gator EFX hard folding cover for $539 so I ordered it. It arrived last week and I had it installed in about 30 minutes. So far I've been very pleased with the way it looks/functions and haven't found any leaks even after driving through a heavy rain.

Before I ordered it I called RealTruck (Amazon Vendor) to ask some questions about the EFX as compared to a couple other models and I found out that Gator tonneau covers was owned by RealTruck. The gentleman I spoke with told me that RealTruck has other tonneau cover manufacturers make the covers to their specifications and market them under the Gator brand name. I was told that BAKFlip make some of the hard folders and they carry a 2 year warranty. The EFX I purchased appears to be made by Undercover because that the address it was shipped from and it carries a 3 year warranty just as the base model Undercover hard folder.

Thank you. It is the Recoil. I purchased it through RealTruck as well. While searching for what seems like forever before picking one I noticed that many of the websites were laid out the same so I just assumed they were all a part of the same company. Install on this took a little longer than expected (about 2 hours), much harder than the install video they have on their site. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 10:31 AM, Trailboss91 said:

295/70r18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires, 34.3” diameter with no trimming needed. No level as well. 

2F35588D-3203-4346-AFCD-8C760A0477C0.jpeg

I'm looking into this same setup for my 2020 trail boss. So theres no rubbing? Even at full lock?

It was just above freezing so finally gave it a hand wash.  Also trimmed the mud guards, had a little rub at full lock on both sides.   Also added the Gen5diy mirror tap and setup a dash cam.   Gave up on the upper dash tray power idea for now, I'll mess with that in the summer.  I put an Amazon auto in the console, works great - wanted it up top, but this was easy.
4A4FC288-A1CB-4EAC-A9E8-DFCED571D465_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.7047daddbbab1d90e656aee1ca3c77e9.jpeg

72C49A66-6B6E-4DBA-85E5-AA119837EEA7_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.d9708091b2135a4879e2501f7837ff6d.jpeg

A7A8498C-CABC-4968-9229-7BBF808380D3_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.bf8b59f5bafee67f57cf367c3af7d25b.jpeg

61D10CD5-B088-4899-8B81-1785450D5CF2_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.9ab2f02bab63d6955c111f02177ec1b8.jpeg

D69A0CE1-12C2-43A4-BC3F-2A1ACA87F789_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.63d05cea650442245cb8b2be0ef5d758.jpeg
Where did you get the lights that you out under your dash and how were they ran if you don't mind me asking thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Michael Summerford said:

Where did you get the lights that you out under your dash and how were they ran if you don't mind me asking thanks!

I used Govee Dreamcolor led lights for the footwell front and back.  While they suggest running the wires down the door sills, I used the console instead.   So I ran a switch power wire from the passenger side fuse box (there is a spade connector open there) under the glove box, then tucked it up inside the center console and ran all the way to the back.   Then pop the cup holder out of the back of the console, take out a couple screws and you can remove the rear of the console where the vents are.  Very easy.  I mounted the led controller on a flat surface inside there, and ran the power into the center console thru the led that’s already inside.   From there I grabbed a ground from the bolt in the bottom of the console, and mounted a aux power port there.   Bonus was I got 2 usb power, cig socket and on off switch.   That allowed me to plug in the led lights cig power in.     The lights are hardwired together, so just slide the light bars into the seat cover straps and secure with a zip tie.   The wires is just long enough to place all four.   Under the dash and the glove box I used both the peel and stick and a couple zip ties too.   You can do all of this without taking apart the sills etc.   

power port

Linkstyle 4 in 1 Charger Socket Panel, QC 3.0 12V Dual USB Car Socket & LED Digital Voltmeter & Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter & LED Lighted ON Off Rocker Toggle Switch for Truck Car Marine Boat RV https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T94DF95/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_A-cpEbR4K37G8

lights

Govee Dreamcolor Car Interior Lights with APP and IR Remote, Upgraded 2-in-1 Design 4PCS 72 LEDs Interior Car Lights, DIY Color LED Lighting Kits Sync to Music with Super Length Wires for Various Car https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XQ2QBJ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_padpEbB2BEEFV

9F5D7AF5-1100-48CB-98DD-7C2F6C22B7CA.jpeg

D0B1A355-2B56-433A-9D0C-73605F47764C.jpeg

Edited by romclean1
  • Like 1

I used Govee Dreamcolor led lights for the footwell front and back.  While they suggest running the wires down the door sills, I used the console instead.   So I ran a switch power wire from the passenger side fuse box (there is a spade connector open there) under the glove box, then tucked it up inside the center console and ran all the way to the back.   Then pop the cup holder out of the back of the console, take out a couple screws and you can remove the rear of the console where the vents are.  Very easy.  I mounted the led controller on a flat surface inside there, and ran the power into the center console thru the led that’s already inside.   From there I grabbed a ground from the bolt in the bottom of the console, and mounted a aux power port there.   Bonus was I got 2 usb power, cig socket and on off switch.   That allowed me to plug in the led lights cig power in.     The lights are hardwired together, so just slide the light bars into the seat cover straps and secure with a zip tie.   The wires is just long enough to place all four.   Under the dash and the glove box I used both the peel and stick and a couple zip ties too.   You can do all of this without taking apart the sills etc.   
power port
Linkstyle 4 in 1 Charger Socket Panel, QC 3.0 12V Dual USB Car Socket & LED Digital Voltmeter & Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter & LED Lighted ON Off Rocker Toggle Switch for Truck Car Marine Boat RV https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T94DF95/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_A-cpEbR4K37G8

lights
Govee Dreamcolor Car Interior Lights with APP and IR Remote, Upgraded 2-in-1 Design 4PCS 72 LEDs Interior Car Lights, DIY Color LED Lighting Kits Sync to Music with Super Length Wires for Various Car https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XQ2QBJ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_padpEbB2BEEFV

9F5D7AF5-1100-48CB-98DD-7C2F6C22B7CA.thumb.jpeg.a242245240f7c03fc488d15bea74cfb7.jpeg
D0B1A355-2B56-433A-9D0C-73605F47764C.thumb.jpeg.03a486ddd16d3ed88840610a072c8d03.jpeg
Thanks man [emoji106]

4 minutes ago, Michael Summerford said:

Thanks man emoji106.png

No worries, I really like these lights.  The tiny remote works well or you can use the app.  Normally leave them on low brightness red..great for night.  But if I lose something under the seat, or I’m searching for tools, I can hit the button and get really bright white.  

No worries, I really like these lights.  The tiny remote works well or you can use the app.  Normally leave them on low brightness red..great for night.  But if I lose something under the seat, or I’m searching for tools, I can hit the button and get really bright white.  
Do you have the center console or the jump seat?

2 minutes ago, Michael Summerford said:

Do you have the center console or the jump seat?

Center console...if you have the jump seat you’re going to want to run the wires down the door sills...also not hard just a few more steps. 

power port

lights

9F5D7AF5-1100-48CB-98DD-7C2F6C22B7CA.thumb.jpeg.a242245240f7c03fc488d15bea74cfb7.jpeg
D0B1A355-2B56-433A-9D0C-73605F47764C.thumb.jpeg.03a486ddd16d3ed88840610a072c8d03.jpeg

Could you please grab a pic of where the power port is mounted? This looks very clean and seriously thinking of doing this.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, GregBFL said:

I have the Gator Trax version and is the same company as Re-Trax and I beleive Embark.  When I opened the box, it even had Retrax logos on some of the packing material but it was a couple hundred cheaper.

• Like 1