What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

My truck has been in the body shop (again) for nearly three weeks now; was sideswiped by a dipshit that made a left turn from a straight lane. Anyway, my buddy owns the shop and offered to install a goodie or two while its there. So.... putting on a Borla Atak today. Hoping to get it back tomorrow or Friday. Then I'll put in the factory cold air intake. My wife is, umm, not pleased I'm getting this - but I really want that classic American V8 rumble. Anyone put an Atak on? How loud is it? I do leave for my office quite early in the morning - hope the neighbors aren't upset.

1 minute ago, lapoolboy said:

Got rid of the craptastic Bridgestones and got some proper truck tires - Ridge Grapplers FTMFW!

IMG_20200304_175506.jpg

Nice! Are those the 275/60r20 ridges with 116 load range. I’ve been eyeballing those because I want to keep the softer tire. I love the factory ride comfort and don’t wanna lose it.

5 minutes ago, ausomecasey said:

Nice! Are those the 275/60r20 ridges with 116 load range. I’ve been eyeballing those because I want to keep the softer tire. I love the factory ride comfort and don’t wanna lose it.

Yes they are.  And I went with them for that exact same reason.

Just now, lapoolboy said:

Yes they are.  And I went with them for that exact same reason.

That looks really good. I was trying to decide between the ridge grappler and duratracs...but your pic might have pushed me to the ridge grapplers. ?

39 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Got rid of the craptastic Bridgestones and got some proper truck tires - Ridge Grapplers FTMFW!

It looks good, I have the same tires, I really like them so far!

42 minutes ago, ausomecasey said:

That looks really good. I was trying to decide between the ridge grappler and duratracs...but your pic might have pushed me to the ridge grapplers. ?

Most every review I saw on the Duratracs said they were noisy.  Most every review I saw on the Grapplers commented specifically on how quiet they were.  They are noisier than the Bridgestones for sure, but not obnoxious at all.  My Toyo Open Country R/Ts on my 2017 were much louder.

5 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Most every review I saw on the Duratracs said they were noisy.  Most every review I saw on the Grapplers commented specifically on how quiet they were.  They are noisier than the Bridgestones for sure, but not obnoxious at all.  My Toyo Open Country R/Ts on my 2017 were much louder.

Cool, good to know! My LTZ Z71 only has about 1” to 1.5” rake...so I’m thinking a simple 1” leveling kit, and those ridge grapplers should make it look really nice, and maintain the ride comfort. And later down the road, I’m gonna get that GM lift ?

Edited by ausomecasey

3 minutes ago, ausomecasey said:

Cool, good to know! My LTZ Z71 only has about 1” to 1.5” rake...so I’m thinking a simple 1” leveling kit, and those ridge grapplers should make it look really nice, and maintain the ride comfort. And later down the road, I’m gonna get that GM lift ?

I did an additional 1" lift in the front to eliminate most of the rake.  It works well.  However, I did 35X11.50R20's on mine.

15 minutes ago, AEmedic said:

I did an additional 1" lift in the front to eliminate most of the rake.  It works well.  However, I did 35X11.50R20's on mine.

Haha don’t rub it in! I’ve been seeing everyone do the 35x11.5, and they look perfect with the GM lift and level...But I got burned on my Tahoe because I added a front and rear leveling kit with E range tires, and now it drives like a turd lol. So I’m being super cautious on what I do with the new truck...and I only have the 5.3/8spd, so I’m also a little nervous about it messing with the performance ?

10 minutes ago, ausomecasey said:

Haha don’t rub it in! I’ve been seeing everyone do the 35x11.5, and they look perfect with the GM lift and level.

Yeah, LT tires are the spawn of Satan.  Rough riding bastards.  And HEAVY AS HELL!

These Grapplers weigh 47lbs - exactly the same as the stock Bridgestones.  No loss of power, no rubbing/trimming, and speedo/odo remain correct.  

29 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Yeah, LT tires are the spawn of Satan.  Rough riding bastards.  And HEAVY AS HELL!

These Grapplers weigh 47lbs - exactly the same as the stock Bridgestones.  No loss of power, no rubbing/trimming, and speedo/odo remain correct.  

Hahahaha, yep. These all terrain manufacturers need to jump on board and start offering 1 or 2 sizes larger in the Non-LT version. The Terra Grappler comes in a 275/65r20 with 116 load that I was originally looking at, but I wanted something with more aggressive side wall.

On 3/4/2020 at 7:59 PM, lapoolboy said:

The grapplers do make a little noise but much less than duratecs during my test drives.   Friends  tell me that’ll change as I approach 10k however so I guess I’ll see what happens.   I think they work well in deep snow, not great at all on ice and we’ll see how they do on muddy trails as soon as the snow melts. I think the look was better than stock for sure!

17A5E6B3-5A5F-40DB-BCB9-9F0F5C8B7E16.jpeg