Show Us Your 2019 & Up T1 Pictures !

27 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I got tired of being the only nice guy around. 

Hey, when someone expects Toyota reliability out of a T1; it’s all of our jobs to temper their expectations. ?

• Like 1

Here's my new 2020. Got it before all the trucks were snatched up during the lock-down. Seriously, drive by a Chevy dealership and there is hardly any truck inventory on the lot.

Two things I'll never go without in a truck in the future: power folding mirrors and parking sensors. Other than those omissions, I'm liking the truck overall. Next one will probably be a HD version since we tow travel trailers here in CO. Previous ride was a 2012 GMC Canyon so this is a big jump in features and capability.

IMG_20200616_182808.jpg

IMG_20200616_182836.jpg

IMG_20200616_182901.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I got tired of being the only nice guy around. 

So, you were born friendly/nice and chose not to be anymore? So my theory is still correct....

We still like you on the site no matter what you drive?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Hey, when someone expects Toyota reliability out of a T1; it’s all of our jobs to temper their expectations. ?

1 hour ago, JimCost2014 said:

So, you were born friendly/nice and chose not to be anymore? So my theory is still correct....

We still like you on the site no matter what you drive?

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate GM or anything like that. If I'd been able to find a new 2018 Sierra 1500 crew cab with NHT, that's what I'd have in my driveway. But I couldn't so I went with what I thought was the second best option. 

Edited by Cpl_Punishment
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate GM or anything like that. If I'd been able to find a new 2018 Sierra 1500 crew cab with NHT, that's what I'd have in my driveway. But I couldn't so I went with what I thought was the second best option. 

We know you are not part of GMHaters.com, it is nice to have someone else's insight and thoughts on the different brands, and other topics.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

We know you are not part of GMHaters.com, it is nice to have someone else's insight and thoughts on the different brands, and other topics.

I also like to keep an eye on what's going on here so I can give my brother advice about his 2019 5.3 SLT if he needs it. 

7 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

11 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

As someone who drove a Toyota assembled in Japan for the past 12 years I can certainly attest to the reliability and genius simplicity of the engineering that is Toyota. However, in 2020 all Toyota's are now assembled in the US. 

I have found that if you buy a vehicle new, are particular about the upkeep and don't put a bunch of $hitty bolt-on modifications on it, that any problems you do have, will likely arise while the vehicle is still under warranty. With my Toyota, all four of the door lock actuators failed and were  around $170 a pop for the parts at the time. Also had to replace the alternator after like 8 years (which was probably my fault but can't say for certain either way). Don't get me wrong I loved my Toyota (4runner) and would still be driving it if I hadn't wrapped it around a tree, but I'm not so sure the quality between Toyota and GM is as drastic as the Yota fanboys would lead everyone to believe. All I care about are the the things that I can't fix myself like the tranny (yes Toyota's are bulletproof, but GM's will last forever as long as you change the diff fluid every 50k too). Suspension parts fail on all vehicles and it's easy to put a nice 3-4" lift on them and beef up the suspension in the process after the go out of warranty ( I know it doesn't void the warranty, but still). I think the difference between a Toyota and most other vehicles is that Toyotas tend to be a little more easy and accessible to work on. However the T1's have everything right there under the hood as well. GM wouldn't have made the 5.3 for going on 25+ years now if it wasn't a peach that has been heavily refined. The shudder and shift from first to second are a problem for some, but if you get one of the ones that doesn't do that, I'd take the 5.3 over any other V8 on the market. 

Again I loved my 4runner and went straight to the Toyota dealership when I totaled mine, but the truth is, they just don't make a nice full-size vehicle for under a 100k (Land Cruiser). Talked to the "main guy" at the dealership and he asked me what he could do to get me in a Toyota and I told him, make a Tundra look like a GM. He said that he gets that a lot. The simple truth is, the Tundra is the ugliest, ****** looking truck on the market. And Tacoma's are waaaay too small and are for nerds/kids. Hell, I'd rather drive a Titan than a Tundra. So if I have to sacrifice one centilla of reliability to not drive a *** looking vehicle, that is a sacrifice I will make all day every day and twice on Thursdays. Again, all of these vehicles (full size trucks) are fairly reliable under 200k miles so long as you take care of them. And who really wants to drive a truck with 200k+ miles on it?

Edited by superhighsierra
removed reported offensive words

2 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I know what you mean. To buy a T1 in late 2018 or early 2019, it was an exercise in patience. K2 was the more logical choice.

But I still love my T1, especially now with the bugs worked out. I think the refresh is gonna blow everything out of the water. But until then...

E12D3CAA-454E-4871-B73D-8E4F89BAA8F4.thumb.jpeg.fb5d7ce6c8e9c5db2c7d0885de4ed3c2.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I also like to keep an eye on what's going on here so I can give my brother advice about his 2019 5.3 SLT if he needs it. 

I knew you were a nice Canadian, nothing you can do about it when you are born with the gene....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario Munguia said:

Hello everyone, new to the site, here is my new 2020 LT Trail Boss. I’ve had it for a week and I love it so far. Ram guy in the past, I saw the Trail Boss and I had to have one. 

26ECCA4B-E9A8-4484-B03E-ACA9BC0D6EB2.jpeg

6217E6DF-63A6-43BB-9E36-77AAE3D8EF7D.jpeg

Welcome to the site and the GM family!

Good looking truck!!!

Hey everyone here’s my 2019 Silverado purchased in fall of 2019. Love these trucks and no major problems with 12,000 miles on it so far. Added the sport bar with PIAA off-road lighting, nerf side steps, T-Rex Billet grill, weathertech hood protector, tailgate lettering, American truck bed cover, AMP bed extender and front window tint. 

297945FE-AE92-4523-89C3-0FE0D3412CA0.jpeg

F048B18D-254A-419F-97EE-6C4CD1007490.jpeg

• Like 2

Greetings, I purchased my 2020 RST/Z71 5 weeks ago. 6.2/10. Add ons include tri-fold bed cover, Bedrug, AVS Bug screen and Luverne Running boards. Won't be making any other mods. So far the truck is outstanding, 1300 miles. My last truck was a 2015 LT2 Z71. Five years, 63k and no issues at all. Hoping I'm as lucky with this one! 

Great group here! Happy to be among ya'll.

Pappy! 

IMG_2171.jpeg

Edited by Pappy58
  • Like 3