2018 OEM LED Tail Light Swap

Hey Everyone! Sorry I haven't been responding to everyone on this thread.  Soon after I posted this I packed up everything and move half way across the country.  Its been fairly hectic but just now getting into the swing of things.  I will try and answer anything that has not been answered previously.

On 2/18/2019 at 5:54 AM, Totman504 said:

Is there any way that you can provide a link to purchase these lights, haven’t been able to find them for my 2018 LT for the last two months 

These were purchased from ebay.  The guy that I purchased them from had about 3-4 pairs and was able to make me a deal for two sets.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:32 AM, Jchoi said:

I think he bought them on eBay. There is a member here that comes across them used. @alexg I’d try shooting him a message..   You’ll then need @pgamboa ‘s harness. Good luck. 

I love the @pgamboa harness and highly recommend getting it to anyone that wantes to do this swap.  Made the whole process way easier and he was SUPER helpful.

On 3/3/2019 at 6:28 PM, Jaychevy81 said:

Reverse lights are just a swap with led bulbs. I ordered these and there bright really bright.

[Removed Amazon Picture]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up ordering a set from Diode Dynamics.  They weren't the cheapest in the world but they are designed and manufactured in the USA and that matters to me.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Will this conversion work? I have a 2018 ltz with the factory led tail lights. I would like to change them out for a set of Anzo tail lights. Is changing the wiring harness the only thing that needs to be done?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/15/2022 at 9:13 PM, mckuecker said:

How did you get the dash to not say check rear lights?

I got the necessary wiring harness from@pgamboa  and highly recommend getting it to anyone that wants to do this swap.  Made the whole process way easier and he was SUPER helpful.  This is what resolved the dash warning.