Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

6 minutes ago, brisk00 said:

I need to get some more information on this.  Are you saying that I can get my WAZE specific directions to display o the DIC between my speedometer and my RPM gauge?  Which app are you giving the permissions to?

No. Only on the main display in the center stack. 

On 6/21/2021 at 12:26 PM, brisk00 said:

I need to get some more information on this.  Are you saying that I can get my WAZE specific directions to display o the DIC between my speedometer and my RPM gauge?  Which app are you giving the permissions to?

No. He is saying it will display on the infotainment screen (radio). Only factory nav or OnStar so between the gauges. 

On 6/21/2021 at 11:33 AM, econometrics said:

No. Only on the main display in the center stack. 

Econometrics, do you still own this truck I have some guy in Memphis telling me he will sell me an RST but it doesn’t have a title. He sent me a picture and said it was old. When I reverse searches the pic it was one you have posted on here.

7A7B9474-93BF-4A20-83B6-357EA7A91A17.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Itswill said:

Econometrics, do you still own this truck I have some guy in Memphis telling me he will sell me an RST but it doesn’t have a title. He sent me a picture and said it was old. When I reverse searches the pic it was one you have posted on here.

7A7B9474-93BF-4A20-83B6-357EA7A91A17.jpeg

Yes I do. Sitting in my garage. You’re getting gassed. 

Glad you asked! 

36 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Yes I do. Sitting in my garage. You’re getting gassed. 

Glad you asked! 

Thanks, the guy kept giving me fake VINs. Was pretty obviously a scam. I messed with him a while and finally asked him how the scam works . At which point he deleted his Facebook account... Rude!

Sorry for the disturbance to the original topic here!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

2021 RST 3.0 Duramax is the only model with a lower grille between the tow hooks. Also there are motor powered louvers behind the main grill that open and close depending on temp. 

Also, I read somewhere that if you connect  a AGM battery charger directly to the positive and negative terminals the battery, the "Auto Stop/Start" function is deactivated. Might be a way to turn this feature off without having to hit the button every time u restart the truck. 

That's a new one can anyone confirm this? 

On 7/14/2021 at 4:53 PM, fireaxxe said:

Also, I read somewhere that if you connect  a AGM battery charger directly to the positive and negative terminals the battery, the "Auto Stop/Start" function is deactivated. Might be a way to turn this feature off without having to hit the button every time u restart the truck. 

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool feature on some 2021’s... NO auto stop/start!  And $50 off the MSRP too!  

Sorry guys, had to rub it in a bit!  I suffered it on my F150 that I just traded towards a new Explorer for the wife (long story... but she got what she wanted and I did too... a new AT4 6.2L).  I installed one of the Eliminators the first week of ownership on the F150!

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 6:54 PM, GN2018 said:

I just realized that my music listening just got easier.  On my 2021 Denali, if I move the menu to the audio section (the display in the instrument cluster), you can change stations one at a time.  It always frustrated me that pressing the paddle on the left only moved the station to the next preset.  Using this menu and the little rolling selector switch on the right, I can roll through the stations without regard to any of my presets.  I like that a lot better when I'm just looking for something different to listen to - especially with Sirius XM. 

try just holding the button on the back of the steering wheel down for a few seconds,  it will do the same thing or at least it works on the 2019

On 8/6/2021 at 10:04 PM, wizard4878 said:

try just holding the button on the back of the steering wheel down for a few seconds,  it will do the same thing or at least it works on the 2019

Tried it and it does indeed work.  It’s not quite as smooth as using the wheel but it allows me to not be on the music menu on my dash.  Thanks!

Edited by GN2018
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 4:53 PM, fireaxxe said:

2021 RST 3.0 Duramax is the only model with a lower grille between the tow hooks. Also there are motor powered louvers behind the main grill that open and close depending on temp.

I have the max tow with 6.2 and it has the air opening slots between the tow hooks. I also was told 4cyl models have it for the turbo. Also the max tow gets rid of the closing air deflectors period. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of good info here. I read it all. I just picked up a 2021 AT4 6.2L. I have a couple neat things to add.

2021 now has wireless CarPlay and AndroidAuto. You can also add multiple phones to your user profile to receive calls on both without having to switch Bluetooth connections. Good for having personal and work phones. 

Question #1 on the reverse tilting mirrors - my 2015 Denali had this feature and you could adjust and store their position when in reverse. I can’t seem to do this on my 2021. It tilts to some random point that’s not helpful. I want to be able to see my rear tires. Anybody figure out how to adjust and store?

Question #2 for Adaptive Cruise. Is there any way to adjust the following distance?  It’s too far and people easily cut in front of me in traffic. My mom’s Audi Q7 lets you pick a following distance from close to far. 

Question #3 is there quick way to get to the surround camera besides going through the menus or switching to reverse? That would be helpful for pulling into tight parking spaces. 

Thanks for the info. 

1 hour ago, TxTruckMan said:

Lots of good info here. I read it all. I just picked up a 2021 AT4 6.2L. I have a couple neat things to add.

2021 now has wireless CarPlay and AndroidAuto. You can also add multiple phones to your user profile to receive calls on both without having to switch Bluetooth connections. Good for having personal and work phones. 

Question #1 on the reverse tilting mirrors - my 2015 Denali had this feature and you could adjust and store their position when in reverse. I can’t seem to do this on my 2021. It tilts to some random point that’s not helpful. I want to be able to see my rear tires. Anybody figure out how to adjust and store?

Question #2 for Adaptive Cruise. Is there any way to adjust the following distance?  It’s too far and people easily cut in front of me in traffic. My mom’s Audi Q7 lets you pick a following distance from close to far. 

Question #3 is there quick way to get to the surround camera besides going through the menus or switching to reverse? That would be helpful for pulling into tight parking spaces. 

Thanks for the info. 

#2 same adjustment as the forward collision alert (or what ever it's called).

Jay

• Thanks 1

#1 no not that I have found I think it always goes to a pre-set angle only thing you can do is set the original angle lower, but that may not be ideal for normal view. If you put the truck in reverse before pulling into a tight spot it will do the forward view/above for a short time when going back to drive. 

#3 no Plus you can not view while the truck is in motion unless you have advanced towing, than only view changes are to the side you are using the turn signal on when towing a trailer.

Edited by WeGone
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...