Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

On 2/5/2019 at 9:44 AM, DougFL said:

Discovered yesterday that you can shut down the engine after a Remote Start by just pushing the Remote start button again on the Key Fob.

My 2010 and 2011s did this too!  Must be a well hidden / poorly advertised feature! :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2019 at 3:41 PM, OnTheReel said:

Maybe not really a secret feature, but yup, I love it. It was a must have for me. Took a tiny bit of getting used to but really you can see everything so much better. Especially since the new trucks have taller headrests in the rear that obscure more of the window.

On 1/25/2019 at 3:16 PM, obfirefighter22 said:

Just discover with technology package equipped truck the rear view mirror can be switched to show rear camera view.

watch from 11 minute mark

CD2C1428-DA81-455A-804A-239A82F08FE8.jpeg

9AACEC4B-3D3D-4266-9D36-044FFB68ADF5.jpeg

That comes in handy when you have a back row full of adults.

Joke: Now they are vampires.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 8:07 AM, BringTheRain403 said:

I think you're the only one that likes the auto start/stop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nope.  After driving my wife's BMW with auto start/stop, I always felt stupid having a vehicle that kept running and wasting gas while sitting at stop lights.

Edited by Dmax3
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you open the upper portion of the multi-pro tailgate when you have a trailer hitch installed, it will hit the ball. To prevent this, hold the upper button down for three seconds. The lights will flash, and the upper portion will be locked until it is pressed again for three seconds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For like $50 and 30 minutes of your time you can install a pair of LED lights in the tailgate step and they turn on whenever the bed lights are on.  The harness is pre-installed from the factory and no extra programming required.  These should be standard IMHO, but it's an easy, useful upgrade.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 11:27 AM, TxTruckMan said:

For like $50 and 30 minutes of your time you can install a pair of LED lights in the tailgate step and they turn on whenever the bed lights are on.  The harness is pre-installed from the factory and no extra programming required.  These should be standard IMHO, but it's an easy, useful upgrade.

interested in this if you have more info to share

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On 3/15/2022 at 12:10 AM, poppy510 said:

If you open the upper portion of the multi-pro tailgate when you have a trailer hitch installed, it will hit the ball. To prevent this, hold the upper button down for three seconds. The lights will flash, and the upper portion will be locked until it is pressed again for three seconds. 

This only works on 22 LTD and refresh trucks. It doesn't work on my 21 Custom.

Just rolled over 30,000 carefree miles and still making discoveries. Learned that hitting the "end call" button on the steering wheel while media is playing it acts as a mute button. Same as tapping the power button on the radio. Nice. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChriZ71 said:

Just rolled over 30,000 carefree miles and still making discoveries. Learned that hitting the "end call" button on the steering wheel while media is playing it acts as a mute button. Same as tapping the power button on the radio. Nice. 

Holding the mute button for more than 2 seconds will power off the radio. Found that out a few days ago. Popped up on the radio when I hit mute, said hold for 2 seconds to power down.

3 hours ago, GETGONE said:

Holding the mute button for more than 2 seconds will power off the radio. Found that out a few days ago. Popped up on the radio when I hit mute, said hold for 2 seconds to power down.

Yep, like to use that on a dark road at night to keep the glare of the screen down.