Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

On 1/16/2021 at 9:27 AM, Duramaxsky said:

Are the bulbs replaceable? In my 03 Duramax I got much brighter LEDs to replace the incandescent bulbs. It made a huge difference. I then got the same type that fit the mirror in my C6 Vette. It really sucks because being a convertible it only has the mirror lights. No place for a center light in a fabric top. That made a huge difference too but it still sucks. The one in the center of the roof in the 2020 puts out about the same light as a birthday candle behind a coke bottle. That's the one I would upgrade. The front ones would be a problem if you need a map light while driving. They would reflect off the windshield. They can't even be aimed. On the old truck the mirror lights and center light come on together so I upgraded them. The map lights are separate and can be aimed. That made more sense. I don't like that the map lights are part of the courtesy lights. Even on big trucks they are separate. Most have 2 on each side. One clear and one red to prevent reflection. Normally in one fixture on either side of the courtesy light. The courtesy light operates the way our map lights do when you push the lense. But GM went cheap on these trucks and made them dual purpose.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

They aren't replaceable unfortunately, at least not without considerable effort. no where near worth it.

These are the map lights

20201118 173143 173143_v1.jpg

but there are other options.

20201205_200433.1.jpg

20201118 182147 182147_v1.jpg

20201118 195051 195051_v1.jpg

20201118 195105 195105_v1.jpg

info here:

On 10/24/2018 at 7:16 AM, GeneJock said:

Two Things learned - 

Gap Setting confusion - Came out of a 2015 Suburban with adaptive cruise control (hated it most of the time) and found the same settings on my HC, so figured it was adaptive cruise control given all the other "safety" features in the High Country package. Nope, no real idea what it does, but sure isn't anything to do with adaptive cruise control. 

Apple CarPlay and navigation - the HUD and Driver Information Screen will only show navigation when using the onboard navigation but not with when using Apple CarPlay (Assume Google is the same) That's too bad. I tried to "trick" it by using both but engaging one navigation will cancel the other. 

You can display WAZE and Apple maps for GPS on the screen if you use car play.   You just need to "give permissions" on the phone to "share" with the screen in the truck.   EASY.  Honest.   You can call Apple while ion truck and they will walk you through.   LOVE this feature.  I also use it on the Harley.   (Harley GPS SUCKS!)

When the HUD is displaying the off road screen and the rear tires break loose on asphalt, the green 2wd tires will blink amber with a amber LOW TRACTION message being displayed below. 

• Like 1

I just noticed that under my infotainment options > apps > audio there is a option for metadata correction? If I select it uses the Gracenote database and ignores the id3 tags in my music. Is that new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I just realized that my 2021 High County Crew Cab has some baffles in the gas tank that my 2019 High Country Crew Cab did not -when backing out of my driveway with the 2019 I could hear the gas banging around the tank.  There is no similar noise in the 2021.

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized that my music listening just got easier.  On my 2021 Denali, if I move the menu to the audio section (the display in the instrument cluster), you can change stations one at a time.  It always frustrated me that pressing the paddle on the left only moved the station to the next preset.  Using this menu and the little rolling selector switch on the right, I can roll through the stations without regard to any of my presets.  I like that a lot better when I'm just looking for something different to listen to - especially with Sirius XM. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 9:59 AM, DougFL said:

On the Silverado powered tailgate you only need to touch the dash switch or tailgate button once to open.  The key fob requires you to press the tailgate button twice to open.  To close the tailgate remotely you have to press the dash button and hold until closed.  The key fob requires you to push the tailgate button twice and on the second push to hold the button down until the tailgate is fully closed.  Found this out after my dealer told me you cannot close the tailgate remotely!

You can also lift the tail gate by hand, just a few inches, and eventually the automation will take over and close it for you.

I discovered that one by accident.

On 2/19/2021 at 9:45 AM, Rukus said:

You can display WAZE and Apple maps for GPS on the screen if you use car play.   You just need to "give permissions" on the phone to "share" with the screen in the truck.   EASY.  Honest.   You can call Apple while ion truck and they will walk you through.   LOVE this feature.  I also use it on the Harley.   (Harley GPS SUCKS!)

How do you do this? So the Apple Maps directions will show up in the DIC screen between the speedo and tach?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 11:20 PM, Duramaxsky said:

Even going north from Winnemucca it's a very long way to the next fuel stop. It's Jackpot. Last time I was there they were getting over $6 a gallon. But the next fuel is I 84 in Idaho. I took the new truck to Salt Lake last October towing my 30' trailer. I ran out on 84 just before Twin Falls. I knew that might happen so I had 5 gallons of premium in the bed. Also 5 gallons of ethanol free regular for the generator. I could use that if needed. But it wasn't. When I got to Twin Falls I filled the 5 gallons in the can incase I did it again. I have decided that truck sucks for towing. Small fuel tank is one reason. Bad fuel mileage is another. And it's just not nearly as stable as the old Duramax either. It's nicer and all but me and the little lady agree the old truck is better for long trips towing. It has a 45 gallon transfer flow tank in place of the stock one and another 12 in the bed with a pump to move it to the main tank while driving. It will make it from Seattle to Twin Falls on that easy. It took 3 tanks and the 5 in the new truck. Then it didn't make it to SLC from there. The old one makes it there with over half a tank left and not needing the tank in the bed. And it handles the 80 MPH speed limits in ID and UT better. Much more stable and less loss of fuel mileage due to the higher speed. The 6.2 has plenty of power though. I was surprised how well it pulled up Cabbage out of Pendleton OR. Almost as well as the Duramax. I didn't expect that.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I'm alittle salty about the inability to add a second tank or add a bigger tank. It was part of the reason I bought it. It was one of the things I should have researched a little more. I know this isn't a "fringe" use case or Ford wouldn't offer a 36 gallon tank. 

14 hours ago, 1454 said:

I'm alittle salty about the inability to add a second tank or add a bigger tank. It was part of the reason I bought it. It was one of the things I should have researched a little more. I know this isn't a "fringe" use case or Ford wouldn't offer a 36 gallon tank. 

Great motor for skipping with nothing in the bed or towing.  But then I could have a car for that.  I looked into adding a bed tank for gas but it isn't allowed in my area.  Ironic that I can carry five 5 gallon jugs but not have a tank in the bed.

3 hours ago, Agriont said:

Great motor for skipping with nothing in the bed or towing.  But then I could have a car for that.  I looked into adding a bed tank for gas but it isn't allowed in my area.  Ironic that I can carry five 5 gallon jugs but not have a tank in the bed.

It's also a great motor to buy based on what I wanted, other than the fact that they make it nearly impossible to add a larger tank. 

I don't tow much, but I have since buying the truck. I'm not unhappy with the purchase, just unhappy with GM's decision here. They have a 5 gallon DEF tank (if I'm not mistaken) that gets deleted for the gas motors. So I don't get why they couldn't have given us that five gallons in if they have the room? It would have given me a range of 600 miles, which would have been perfect. Also, for others who tow long distances, it would give them a range of 300 miles while towing. 

25 minutes ago, 1454 said:

It's also a great motor to buy based on what I wanted, other than the fact that they make it nearly impossible to add a larger tank. 

I don't tow much, but I have since buying the truck. I'm not unhappy with the purchase, just unhappy with GM's decision here. They have a 5 gallon DEF tank (if I'm not mistaken) that gets deleted for the gas motors. So I don't get why they couldn't have given us that five gallons in if they have the room? It would have given me a range of 600 miles, which would have been perfect. Also, for others who tow long distances, it would give them a range of 300 miles while towing. 

Look under the truck, the DEF tank is separate from the fuel tank and is on the passenger side of the truck with the fuel tank on the drivers.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

Look under the truck, the DEF tank is separate from the fuel tank and is on the passenger side of the truck with the fuel tank on the drivers.

Thanks, I knew it was separate, but I ASSumed it was packaged in a closer location.  

On 2/19/2021 at 11:45 AM, Rukus said:

I need to get some more information on this.  Are you saying that I can get my WAZE specific directions to display o the DIC between my speedometer and my RPM gauge?  Which app are you giving the permissions to?