2019 Tahoe Remote/FOB Issues

59 minutes ago, Bob2C said:

What I don’t get is why the dealer don’t acknowledge these codes and clear them. They have the correct tools that are designed for these vehicles and I can find it with a $99 tool, clear them and my problem is solved. Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again.. the dealership I brought mine to today said "no problem found" and then I got a NASTY phone call from the service manager in response to my email to the service writer saying it was not fixed and that there most certainly is a problem. If they had scanned and found codes they should have said so on the paperwork.

Again.. the dealership I brought mine to today said "no problem found" and then I got a NASTY phone call from the service manager in response to my email to the service writer saying it was not fixed and that there most certainly is a problem. If they had scanned and found codes they should have said so on the paperwork.

You would think

I have a 2019 GMC Yukon XL Denali, an $82k vehicle.  I bought it new and have had it one year.  It has passive unlock and push button start. I’m here looking for help after dealing with the remote not working and the remote not being detected, basically all the issues reported on this thread are exactly what I am experiencing/have been experiencing.

Trips to the dealership have all resulted in them ‘not able to reproduce’ the failure, and ’system passses all checks’.  I am so frustrated - I’m nearly ready to speak with an attorney.

I reject the suggestion that I must use their app on my iPhone.  The vehicle came with key fobs.  Why don’t they work?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

With the knowledge I gained from this forum, I tried the local GMC dealership one more time.  This time, and with a different employee, they acknowledged a reported problem and advised that GM engineers are investigating, and they offered to replace the AMPLIFIER. The employee said another customer with the same vehicle had all the problems I reported and replacing the amplifier solved his issues.

A new amplifier was installed in my Yukon yesterday. No problems since and a much improved range. I’ll update the group if any issues return.

AAD26DAD-797F-4055-863D-3B8C9686452B.jpeg

A new amplifier also cured my problem, all is well now... I found the bulletin on-line and informed my service manager about it.  Not sure they'd have found it on their own.... But Chev authorized the replacement and it's fixed.... 

On my first long excursion with the '19 Tahoe, pulling a 3200# trailer, about 320# tongue weight, the rear shock compressor seems to run almost constantly, which I'd interpret as a leaky shock?????

Edited by Ziggy1949

Hey guys, It looks like this is an on going problem, I'm having the same issue with my 2019 tahoe Premier  Sometimes I have to be only 10 feet away from the car for the remote to work. I trade in a 2016 Tahoe  And I never had any problems with it, I mean the remote will work from literally a 1/2 mile away,  I think is unfair to have to deal with this problem in a $70,000 truck.

And I think I'll have to agree with Artemiy Sevostyanov on the theory that GM  Is trying to force vehicle owners on to buying services like internet or remote commands on the app that used to be free on my previous 2016 tahoe, 

I really hope someone finds a solution to this problem....

On 9/26/2019 at 1:05 PM, Bob2C said:

Here it is. There is the same talk on another thread.

https://static.oemdtc.com/TSB/MC-10156932-9999.pdf

This link was perfect.  I had the same issues with my 2018 Suburban and after bringing this bulletin to the dealer they replaced under warranty and now the range is awesome.   It’s just surprising that the dealers aren’t aware of it as I had my vehicle in once before to get fixed.  Thanks for sharing the link.   Enjoying tje ability to remote start from 50 yards away +.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2019 Tahoe bought in June & my key fob will not lock or unlock the doors (much less remote start) unless im within like 30 ft of my vehicle. It does seem like it’s getting worse but I’m curious how does the battery die within (not even) 1 year? So annoying. I haven’t tried changing out the battery yet but was trying to see if it was a common issue & if needed to take it to the dealership or not!

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 2018 suburban premier that i bought after it'd been in a wreck so i can't file any warrant claims.  i feel that my issue is the antenna amp.  i'm just wondering where this is located and if i can replace it myself?  they dont' seem to be too spendy, roughly $30-40 online ($65 at dealer).  it looks fairly plug and play but i dont' know if there's anything else the dealer has to do to make it work.  any help on this would be great before i spend $80 on a diag at the local chevy shop.

2 hours ago, Kelbster E said:

Save your money. I only got one good week out of the new RF amplifier the dealership installed.

so you are thinking that they are faulty or something is causing them to go bad further upstream?  ie, we still don't have a solution to this issue.

thanks for the prompt reply

8 minutes ago, Bob2C said:

Clear all your codes. U, B,C. It worked for me when I had issues. Been working fine since.

should i grab a cheap obd reader to do that?  or do i need something else?  is there anything i could screw up by clearing codes?

should i grab a cheap obd reader to do that?  or do i need something else?  is there anything i could screw up by clearing codes?

I found the cheap OBD readers don’t get codes other than p codes. I used the blue driver one. It gives option of a quick scan or a deep scan which will get all the codes. I really like the blue driver. They are always updating it too