2019 Tahoe Remote/FOB Issues

Hello,

I just got my new 6.2L Tahoe and love it.  However, having issues with the FOB/Remote.  It has passive locks and I can be standing directly at the door and it won't unlock!  It won't remote start from 40ft. looking right at it through a window in my house.  Seems like VERY WEAK SIGNAL for some reason. My 2017 Duramax can remote start from inside my office and 50-75 ft away!!  No problems at all.   

I went to my local Chevy store here in town and after asking and explaining, it seems there was a bulletin out that said "full strings of info aren't being transmitted", and they suggested re-programming BOTH remotes.  They did it yesterday......today, same thing.  I can't remote start from any distance at all, and again, standing at the door with FOB in my pocket, notta.......BUT, only occasionally!  Some times it works like a champ, others, not so much.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks and hope to hear from others if this happens not to just be MY new Tahoe having issues!

Thanks,

Kevin

Just tried my remote start on my 19 Silverado from 100 ' away and it started fine.  Just checking that you are hitting the lock button 1st before you push and hold the start button until truck starts?

• 1 month later...

Thank you guys, and yes to all of your points.  We have even changed out the FOBs for entirely new ones, and flashed the system again, and I'm still having problems.  They have now ordered door unlock sensors to see if this helps.  I have been as close as 20' away, no obstacles in the way, and can hit the lock or unlock button......crickets!  VERY strange, as my 2017 2500HD FOBs work just fine, and always have.

• 1 month later...

So I havent brought mine to the shop yet but I've been having issues with the remote start as well on my 2019 Yukon Denali. It will work great for a while and then all of a sudden stop working. The weird part is that the Lock/Unlock features continue to work but I can't remote start it. When it first started happening, I switched to the other key fob until it eventually started happening with that one also. I hope to go to the dealer in the next few days.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone figured out a fix to this issue yet?  I have a 2018 Suburban with passive entry/keyless start.  Remote has extremely short range for lock/unlock ~20 feet.  Remote start rarely works.  Car fails to detect FOB for starting even when it is inside the vehicle ~10% of the time.  Very frustrating.  Wish I had a good old key like our 2014 Traverse that has at least a 75 foot range with the FOB.

• 3 months later...

Same issue with both of my remotes on my new 2019 Suburban bought at the end of June.  Worked great for a few weeks and now I need to be within 70-80 feet to remote start or roll down the windows.  And many times standing right next to the doors with the FOB in my pocket, can't open by pushing the unlock/lock button on the door handle. Changed the batteries but it didn't help.  This morning it didn't even detect the FOB when I went to start the truck the first time. Second time ok.

Come on Chevy/GM!!  What gives?!

Same here with my 2018 Tahoe. Sometime I try to lock it with the button on the handle and nothing. The. A few seconds later it works. But yes distance sucks. I read on another forum somewhere that its bad receiver which is located behind the rear tire. The receiver controls the TPMS as well. I’ll see if I can pull up that thread. Some had luck with the dealerships changing that out. Another thing I read is that one dealership found the ground behind the engine that goes to the firewall loose and tightening it fixed the problem. I gave up with the fob and use the app. Got the remote start on the app only for approx 8.50 a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/24/2019 at 10:25 AM, jnssctt said:

Same issue with both of my remotes on my new 2019 Suburban bought at the end of June.  Worked great for a few weeks and now I need to be within 70-80 feet to remote start or roll down the windows.  And many times standing right next to the doors with the FOB in my pocket, can't open by pushing the unlock/lock button on the door handle. Changed the batteries but it didn't help.  This morning it didn't even detect the FOB when I went to start the truck the first time. Second time ok.

Come on Chevy/GM!!  What gives?!

Ja

I am having the same issues with my 2018 GMC Yukon. I have the fob in my purse right next to the door and I’m pushing the button on the door handle and it’s not unlocking. Then the next time it will work. I’ve never had an issue with starting the vehicle. But I also have issues with unlocking/locking  at a distance and trying to start the car from a distance. 

Has anyone found a result for this?

jane

HELLO, BOYS!

Yes, same issue with my 2019 tahoe! My remote on 2015 tahoe worked from about 1/2 the mile... not kidding.

I have a theory though, GM just trying to push you to buy theirs services... like a remote key fob from the app on your phone for $10 or so. Guess what? it was free on my 2015 Tahoe!!!

No more freebies guys...

Shame on you chevy!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Artemiy Sevostyanov said:

HELLO, BOYS!

Yes, same issue with my 2019 tahoe! My remote on 2015 tahoe worked from about 1/2 the mile... not kidding.

I have a theory though, GM just trying to push you to buy theirs services... like a remote key fob from the app on your phone for $10 or so. Guess what? it was free on my 2015 Tahoe!!!

No more freebies guys...

Shame on you chevy!

You make a very good point. Never thought about that

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2019 GMC Yukon XL with a passive unlock and start and I’m having the same problems my car will not open the doors when you touch the button even though you’re standing right next to the door. My Gmc also has no remote detected and sometimes won’t start or turn off and I’ve been to the dealer about five times they can’t find a problem. I called General Motors and they’re supposed to help me but I haven’t been successful. I have had my remote controls replaced and re-programmed and same issues.My problems are on a daily basis and with the dealer gets it they say they cannot duplicate that. This is to the point where it could be dangerous if your car won’t shut off or if you’re trying to get in your car in a dark parking lot and you can’t get in your car. My 2019 Yukon I bought May of 2019 And has been in the dealer out of my control for about 5 weeks For this issue. I contacted General Motors and they call the dealer and the dealer said they don’t have time to babysit my car and you take it somewhere else. This is a poor way to be treated for $80,000 car. I am hoping someone has had any luck with this problem. Does anyone know where the antenna or the remote control receiver is located On a 2019 Yukon