2019 Tahoe Remote/FOB Issues

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 4:39 PM, Roger Estes said:

I have a 2019 GMC Yukon XL with a passive unlock and start and I’m having the same problems my car will not open the doors when you touch the button even though you’re standing right next to the door. My Gmc also has no remote detected and sometimes won’t start or turn off and I’ve been to the dealer about five times they can’t find a problem. I called General Motors and they’re supposed to help me but I haven’t been successful. I have had my remote controls replaced and re-programmed and same issues.My problems are on a daily basis and with the dealer gets it they say they cannot duplicate that. This is to the point where it could be dangerous if your car won’t shut off or if you’re trying to get in your car in a dark parking lot and you can’t get in your car. My 2019 Yukon I bought May of 2019 And has been in the dealer out of my control for about 5 weeks For this issue. I contacted General Motors and they call the dealer and the dealer said they don’t have time to babysit my car and you take it somewhere else. This is a poor way to be treated for $80,000 car. I am hoping someone has had any luck with this problem. Does anyone know where the antenna or the remote control receiver is located On a 2019 Yukon

Same vehicle, same price tag, exact same problems and the exact same response from Quirk GMC in Manchester NH. Cant duplicate, can’t help, have a good day and then they had the nerve to put their emblem on my vehicle without even asking. Awful GMC, awful

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I am having the same problem with my 2019 Suburban.  The fobs have been changed out by the dealership as have batteries, etc as well as “some sort of reset “ the dealership did.  I have to be exactly 90 degrees and right on top of my door handle for that push button to work.  The remote start might work 20% of the time!  Very frustrating with the cost of the vehicle!  I have a 2020 Cadillac XT4 parked right by my Suburban and all

of those features work perfectly 97% of the time on it as it does on my company 2017 Silverado!  I am going to try the dealership again next week with some of y’all ideas.  I am 32500 miles now and need to get it fixed while still under warranty!  

• 1 month later...

We were also having the same issue with our 2019 Yukon XL.  Replacing the antenna amplifier as suggested definitely resolved the issue.  Not terribly difficult to change, basically remove the upper trim, right rear quarter and right rear coat hook and replace the part.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2018 at 1:41 PM, KEVSAHL said:

Thank you guys, and yes to all of your points.  We have even changed out the FOBs for entirely new ones, and flashed the system again, and I'm still having problems.  They have now ordered door unlock sensors to see if this helps.  I have been as close as 20' away, no obstacles in the way, and can hit the lock or unlock button......crickets!  VERY strange, as my 2017 2500HD FOBs work just fine, and always have.

Did you ever find a solution for this?! I am having this issue with a 2019 Yukon xl I just bought. Theyve changed key fobs, antenna, reprogrammed key fobs, changed a cable and module. It works for a hot minute and then quits again.

• 1 year later...
On 2/8/2020 at 12:17 AM, Kelbster E said:

Update #2

Problems have returned: key fobs not detected, passive entry intermittent, key fob range quite poor.

Hi Kelbster,

Any update on this? I know this is an old topic but this is exactly what happens to my truck.

I replaced the amplifier and it works great for about a week and now it doesn't detect my key fob and it won't start the car.

I am able to unlock and lock the vehicles but it won't start. (no remote start neither)

Sometimes with multiple tries for few mins and it start the car but this is very frustrating.

I replaced fob batteries (brand new) and went to dealer and sat there for more than a week and they couldn't figured out the cause.

I brought back and replaced the amplifier and it started to work then it started to happening again.

Any suggestions?

On 9/4/2022 at 2:18 AM, Jay Jee said:

Hi Kelbster,

Any update on this? I know this is an old topic but this is exactly what happens to my truck.

I replaced the amplifier and it works great for about a week and now it doesn't detect my key fob and it won't start the car.

I am able to unlock and lock the vehicles but it won't start. (no remote start neither)

Sometimes with multiple tries for few mins and it start the car but this is very frustrating.

I replaced fob batteries (brand new) and went to dealer and sat there for more than a week and they couldn't figured out the cause.

I brought back and replaced the amplifier and it started to work then it started to happening again.

Any suggestions?

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Jay Jee.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truc. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Jay Jee/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

On 9/9/2022 at 11:07 AM, GMCustomerService said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Jay Jee.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truc. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Jay Jee/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

FYI, I took it (2015 Escalade ESV) to the nearest Cadillac dealer and after sitting more than a week I brought back from them.

Either they don't know how to trouble shoot the cause or don't have time to take a look.

My truck seems to be sitting in their lot for more than a week.

When I first dropped off the truck, they said it's normal and couldn't duplicate the cause after few days of testing so I went back to pick it up. They washed the truck and left my truck in the guest service pick up area but when I got in and try to start the truck it won't start so the master tech came and saw what is happening as well as my service agent/manager but after week later they still couldn't figure it out.

Anyway when this symptom happens it gives black screen (nothing on the display gauge)

Sometimes, it does it while it's driving, and when this happens the trunk won't open trunk gate nor the turn signals so have to use rear doors to unload luggage

When it happens, I don't turn off the truck till I get home, I can't turn off the truck just in case it won't start again.

Is this something to do with BCM ( Already checked - remove the covers to check with magnifying glass to see if there's any damages or burn but it looks very clean)

This is very frustrating; another symptom is the theft deterrent light on the dash. This is something I know how to fix (temporarily) I learned how to reset the theft deterrent on YouTube (put the key on for few minutes till the theft deterrent lights turns off and I believe I have to do this steps 2 or 3 times till it recognize my fob) 

But the light turns super bright with no theft deterrent light on, it just won't start. Trying back after few mins or an hour later it starts to work again.

New replaced OEM parts: Car Battery (non oem), key fob batteries, alternator, starter, cleaned the ground cable and ran another ground cable to the chassis, amplified antenna, start button, always test with meter to check current voltage when it doesn't start. 

Any suggestions or recommendations are welcome

• 5 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 8:14 PM, Bob2C said:

Easy to do. 20 min. Below is the part I used. They make 2 different parts with different frequencies depending on your RPO code. Got mine from rockauto.

23b74764d9509694de28e16b38dbaf5d.jpg
39a7086cac85127fd6f8b24ac9dda125.jpg
20c3df537bd1d4b9b2917800f0a6fea7.jpg
4542300d2755222d8a37c4a724d9f1d0.jpg
de67a652f2b75c742a2975dd08882711.jpg
6f08483ccd64acb9ea0c643ad495de93.jpg
d805f703a820d18a331ef24d0824d810.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway you can figure out which one you need before taking the rear panels off?  I'm having similar issues with my wife's 2020 Tahoe and I have already changed the batteries in both remotes.  Thought that I would try this next

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 11:46 AM, paxamus said:

Anyway you can figure out which one you need before taking the rear panels off?  I'm having similar issues with my wife's 2020 Tahoe and I have already changed the batteries in both remotes.  Thought that I would try this next

This is certainly not what we like to hear, paxamus.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your wife's 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: paxamus/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

www.gm.com